FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-19 5:38 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Ray.

AWESOME !

Can you set up a few Tiki Ray Tikis next to the Tikiyai Orchestra when we're playing ? That would make us look so cool, and maybe give us good "mana" for the show.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 12:10 am   Permalink

Bravo Raymond!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 06:58 am   Permalink

Hey Ray,

I'm really digging on the purple tiki! Love the added color! Your house rules too! The fire place is smokin hot! The purple looks really sweet next to the mustard yellow. You chiseled this guy out and then hand sanded? Nice.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-21 11:05 am   Permalink

Yes Mr. Tikiyaki , I will bring a special tiki for your stage area to use .Its traditional style with a sort of San Diego them . And thanks for that CD of yours . I love it . See you at the show , Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-23 11:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-21 11:05, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Yes Mr. Tikiyaki , I will bring a special tiki for your stage area to use .Its traditional style with a sort of San Diego them . And thanks for that CD of yours . I love it . See you at the show , Ray

WOW RAY!
That is one loud cool looking Tiki! smooth....

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-10-27 00:12 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 12:17 pm   Permalink

if you like super hero looking tikis.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-10-24 1:30 pm   Permalink

Derek Yaniger sent me these pics in an email of the art he will have at the show, and he will be there Friday night.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-10-24 13:31 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-25 7:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 20:07, nicktiki wrote:
My hope is this can be an annual event and extend Tiki events into November.

Quote:

On 2007-09-12 21:03, nicktiki wrote:
I tried to get a Saturday night but nothing was available. I would have preferred a Saturday as well. It was a Friday or nothing. I chose Friday. I reserved this in January just to get a Friday in November. Bali Hai does great business on the weekends. I hope people from LA still can make it down. Most of the artists will be in attendance, two great bands, good food and drinks, a lot of people coming in from out of town. It should be a great night!

So is next year's event booked for a Saturday?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-25 7:48 pm   Permalink

SoccerTiki and I got a Sneak Peak at The Goof Mug today. WOOHOO!! Make sure you put it at the top of your shopping list

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SPIDERCRUSHER

Posted: 2007-10-25 11:36 pm   Permalink

Just stumbled across this site while looking for the Bali Hai show info. Wish I woulda found this site earlier. Cheers my new friends! See you next friday.

View Profile of SPIDERCRUSHER Send a personal message to SPIDERCRUSHER      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-26 8:46 pm   Permalink

Ive been getting many responses on TC and myspace about the price of the unique "Headhunter" poster tiki I carved . I wasnt sure about it but I got some ideas from fans and Nick and I came up with an idea I hope you all will like . (After all , it is his show ). We decided to open it up to a silent auction with a reserve . As long as the not out of reach undisclosed reserve is met , it goes home with the highest bidder. It is an amazing design by Hassan Patterson and I worked damn hard to duplicate it in wood . This gives the average person a chance to take home the poster tiki from the 1st Annual Tiki Magazine Art show . I hear Hassan will be there as well as Nick and I so we can all take a pic with your new addition to your home tiki bar . We will finalize the rules before the show but thats basically it . I cant wait to see you all there .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2007-10-26 9:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-25 19:27, Tiki-Kate wrote:
So is next year's event booked for a Saturday?

We get it! You can't take a day off! Suck it up and call in sick!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-10-26 21:32 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2007-10-26 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-23 12:17, bigtikidude wrote:
if you like super hero looking tikis.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff, I think you are a Super Hero! "Super Pioneer Chicken"! Bawk Bawk Bawk!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-27 1:54 pm   Permalink

Not to be a downer but if they don't get the fires out lots of are going to have trouble even getting there, thoughts??

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-27 5:34 pm   Permalink

I was at the Bali Hai with some friends last night. The fires are no where near the event. Unless you live in an area where there are fires, it should have no impact on whether you can go or not. Good news in regards to the fires, the Santa Ana conditions are over and we even received some rain today in San Diego. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 2nd.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation