FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-26 21:31, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-25 19:27, Tiki-Kate wrote:
So is next year's event booked for a Saturday?

We get it! You can't take a day off! Suck it up and call in sick!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-10-26 21:32 ]

Oh my God! I am such a ditz. Why didn't I think of that?

Come on, everyone who doesn't want to sit in traffic for hours on a Friday night, let's all just "suck it up" and call in sick.

Please forgive me for asking such a pesky, legitimate question. Silly me. Teehee. My bad.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 6:01 pm   Permalink

I sense sarcasm??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 6:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-27 18:01, bigtikidude wrote:
I sense sarcasm??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yeeha! 6 more days.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 6:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-27 18:38, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-27 18:01, bigtikidude wrote:
I sense sarcasm??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yeeha! 6 more days.

I'm sorry, Jeff. I didn't actually mean to ignore your question and try to distract attention from that question with mindless, fluffy deflection.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

See you Friday night.

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 9:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Nick, I checked in a little late on this one. Is there still room for 2 more. Sounds like fun and I'm already tired of playing with my Tiki Oasis stuff. Do we need to be formal and request reservations...or can we just dive in family style? Either way, count us in.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-28 08:12 am   Permalink

Joey,

The event is free. If you want to have dinner, I suggest reservations. It should be pretty full. Please come and join us.

Kate,

In regards to having it on Saturday next year, I want to see how the event goes this time. If it goes well, I will act quickly and try to get a Saturday for next year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 2nd!

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-28 08:30 am   Permalink

Nick,

Thank you so much for the answer. I really do appreciate it. I would have assumed that a place like the Bali Hai that is a popular locale for weddings and other big events probably books its Saturdays about two years in advance.

I'm looking forward to the event. You've assembled a great group of artists. I hope it's a success.

Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-28 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-27 17:44, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-26 21:31, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-25 19:27, Tiki-Kate wrote:
So is next year's event booked for a Saturday?

We get it! You can't take a day off! Suck it up and call in sick!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-10-26 21:32 ]

Oh my God! I am such a ditz. Why didn't I think of that?

Come on, everyone who doesn't want to sit in traffic for hours on a Friday night, let's all just "suck it up" and call in sick.

Please forgive me for asking such a pesky, legitimate question. Silly me. Teehee. My bad.

Jeesh people, come on! Nick has assembled such a tremendously talented group of artists in an amazing venue. So what it is on a Friday night! As a tikiholic from Arizona, I'd give my right arm to get over there just to see the art.

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-28 10:59 am   Permalink

I'll be travelling in from Wisconsin & in the O.C. for work on Thurs & Fri - meetings through noon on Friday, then I'm heading down to the Bali Hai - see y'all there

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-28 9:04 pm   Permalink

raddd job nick! the line up is killer. Im wayy stoaked, see yall there

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-29 05:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-28 10:55, Tiki Kiniki wrote:
Jeesh people, come on! Nick has assembled such a tremendously talented group of artists in an amazing venue. So what it is on a Friday night! As a tikiholic from Arizona, I'd give my right arm to get over there just to see the art.

Cool. So you're going to put your money where your mouth is and come on down for the event, right? (Otherwise, I can't imagine why you'd be chiming in here about it being no big deal that it's on a Friday night.) Suck it up, and give that right arm.

See you Friday night, Kiniki. I'll even buy you a drink since you have to go so far out of your way to make it to the event.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-29 09:41 am   Permalink

Kiniki Brah, I don't think the people at the ticket window take right arms...

www.southwest.com

... but you can ask.

Phoenix AZ to San Diego CA, leaving every hour on the hour. A one hour non-stop flight, and a 15 minute taxi ride around San Diego Bay; the best views in the city. You can actually be there before the L.A. folks arrive; it's two hours from L.A. in the best of traffic.

The Bali Hai is on the left. Don't forget when you get there - Kate's buying!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-29 10:37 am   Permalink

This will be my first official tiki event and Im really looking forward to it..Hopefully Ill be able to remember it !!!..

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-29 1:04 pm   Permalink

YAY! 4 more days!!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-29 3:42 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-10-29 15:13, Tiki Kiniki wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-10-29 05:19, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-28 10:55, Tiki Kiniki wrote:
I "chimed in" because I enjoy running over to SoCal for these events and in my case it's a 6 hour drive and you don't hear me whining! But, I guess that's because I'm a positive person! Take a chill pill hon! I'll "suck it up" as much as you will by calling in sick! Hmmmm sense my sarcasm? It's supposed to be a fun event....don't ruin it!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki kiniki 2007-10-29 15:25 ]

Thank you for illustrating what Tiki Central has become. It used to be genuinely fun and a place where people could openly express their opinions and get an intelligent response (or even go on a little rant every now and then.) So many people these days are fine with just drinking the Kool-aid and going along with the mindless masses of Party Central. It's a sad day when a voice of dischord is so unwelcome. But that's cool. Whatever. Yahoo. 4 more days.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation