FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-03 6:21 pm   Permalink

WoooHoo! What a Fun Night Mucho Mahalo to Nick, The Smokin Menehunes, & all The Tiki Artists who helped to put on this event.

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-11-03 19:06 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 7:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-03 18:16, lucas vigor wrote:
And regarding the kids, one was dancing cutely the whole time, the other was trying like the devil to get on stage and touch our stuff. I don't mind if they dance, or are even there so much, just the touching of the equiptment, and the fact that the parent could see it was making us incomfortable and really did not do anything to stop it. That's basically what I was refering to, and the whole parenting thing in general.

I'm assuming you're referring to my daughter as the one that was dancing. I was watching her and made sure she did not go on stage or touch the instruments. I hope no one was offended by my daughter's dancing.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 10:03 pm   Permalink

I'm offended that I showed up too late to see her! Must have just missed you guys.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 11:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-03 19:29, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-03 18:16, lucas vigor wrote:
And regarding the kids, one was dancing cutely the whole time, the other was trying like the devil to get on stage and touch our stuff. I don't mind if they dance, or are even there so much, just the touching of the equiptment, and the fact that the parent could see it was making us incomfortable and really did not do anything to stop it. That's basically what I was refering to, and the whole parenting thing in general.

I'm assuming you're referring to my daughter as the one that was dancing. I was watching her and made sure she did not go on stage or touch the instruments. I hope no one was offended by my daughter's dancing.
Ran

Yeah, she was the well behaved one that was dancing and really getting into it! At no point did she get anywhere near the stage.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 11:38 pm   Permalink

And she was cute as a button too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 11:47 pm   Permalink

Yeah, we all thought so too. Palika was calling her "Keiki".

Big!!!! TIKI!!!! Dude!!!!!

(It was nice to see ya last night!)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 11:53 pm   Permalink

Lucas,
you guys sounded great.
good to see ya too.

I had a blast last night.
the event and the turn out was fantastic.
we need to have more big events like that.
the Sam's Seafood last Sun. and the Bali Hi event make it easier to wait for Tiki Oasis next year.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 01:06 am   Permalink

man i had a blast, thanks for putting the shin dig together nick. I scored one of those sweet prints by derek, and a new bali hai mug. cant wait till next years!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 07:48 am   Permalink

We were there for only a couple of hours, and BTD told me there were even more people later, but I thought even at around 8:00 pm there were more than enough people to call this a success. I liked a lot of the art and dug the tunes by The Smoking Menehunes.
Thanks for putting this together!
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 09:32 am   Permalink

Wowzerz! What else can I say. It was so AWESOME to see everybody, eyeball great art, fill the ears with sweet tunes and bask in aloha and tiki vibes which permeated shelter island. I took a few pics but started off my trip by leaving my "gig" bag on my first flight to Honolulu which had my ipod and camera cables in it. The bag is in safe hands but not in my possession. I will post my pics as soon as I can get them on my laptop. (I may have to invest in one of these things.) Highlights for me were:

Seeing so many of the Tiki Central Ohana again in such a great venue. BIG OLD MAHALOZ to Nick, Michelle, Eileen, Jonpaul, Holden, all the artists and musicans who made this event a really really good time and worth every penny and popped brain cell spent.

Seeing and talkin' with so many people who enjoyed my art and the story of the Tiki and Turtle Travelers. I can never say it enough times how much your support and encouragement means to me. Monkeyman!! You're a good dude and I am stoked to call you a buddy! Mahalo to all you

I am stoked to finally meet up with Tiki Chris in person for the first time in person over years of friendship and collaboration. It was also a pleasure to also have a drink and talk story with Tikiyaki, Digi Tiki, Lake Surfer, Tiki Shark and Tiki Racer. Ravenne! I kept meaning to say hello to you but when I finally disengaged my mouth you was gone.

Thanks to Moki and Rick for bringin' down some grinds from upstairs. You guys spared what probably would of been a raging hangover the next morning. I look forward to meetin' Auggie Doggie some time! CONGRATS!!

Shushing in Ali'i's room till we were all finally kicked out.

Invading the Humphrey's club and drunken dancing to the new Commodores all the while blowin' minds with our hot tiki crazy leg action.

I scored lots or nice goodies too! Coloring book, mug and print by Little Lost Ruzic. A commemorative pendant from Crazy Al, a really cool simian picture book from Tiki Chris, a shell necklace from beautiful Hula dancers and a one of a kind, hand crayoned collaboration on breakfast napkin by Suzy, Swampfire, Grog, Kirby and Big Tiki Dude. (yes the Big Tiki Dude has art mad art skillz.) BTD, thanks for drivin' and gettin' us all to a good eatery. It was really really cool to sit down with all of you and talk art, share stories and adventures.

Surfin' some juicy waves with my friends in Encinitas before the show.

I am now waitin' to hook up with Tiki Chris and Tiki Racer and make our way North. We will be stoppin' by the Farm for the nickel tour compliments of Makedamug and a visit to Little Lost Tikis Studio for a peek at some eye candy ala Ruzic. Then off to the Bay Area for the crawl along with a few Tiki stops on the way.

Wagons ho!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 09:47 am   Permalink

Dani and I had a Great Time! Nice to see so many great artist and fellow mug makers in one fantastic event -

The Bali Hai, Has Great Food and A Beautiful Veiw Of The Harbor.

My personal favorites at the event - All though all the art was Great!

Nice to meet from across the pond! "Tiki Racer" along with Chris Osburn ( not pictured )

Dani and I enjoy seeing fellow TC'ers Mahalo! All

And I Guess It's True! Tiki Carvers ( Got Wood! )

Good To See You All! Mahalo Gogo

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

nice! I wish i got to work the room a bit more... lots of the usual Great folks and so many extras from over seas!!! and land Too!!!

nice!!!! another great time

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 2:09 pm   Permalink

Wow Wow Wow! What a blast!

Mahaolo to the Camara Ohana who undoubtedly spared their hubby & daddy for the countless hours of prep that went into making Tiki Island work.

My digi died so no pix. So fun to rap w/all the artists. A very casual and enjoyable evening. As a person who tends to seek out TC threads focusing on 3-D at the expense of 2-D work, the show was a literal eye opener.

Great to finally meet TikiShark, Chongolio & Tikiracer in person; a man our new friends Dave & Sue from Hotrodtiki in Dorset said we just had to meet!

Thanks to a burned disc from Cammo I've had a while to get psyched-up to see the Menehune's for the first time ever. I was however, like many I imagined, unpleasantly surprised to find the Smoking Menehunes to be a band entirely made up of spastic midgets and was equally dissapointed by their inability to make any pleasant sounds whatsoever with the knives, forks and barbie dolls they seemed to carelessly drag across every surface of the instruments. Thank goodness it was only some small children who'd taken the stage during a Menahune bathroom break. While not nessesarilly taller, upon their return the actual Menehune's were definitely far more talented. I sincerely can't wait to see and hear you again. Vintage and smooth with a Squid chaser. (Lucas, if you find a Barbie head in your bass, my niece wants it back.)

Crazy Al, PacaloLolita says she will get started on your giant wild boar's tooth necklace as soon as she catches another giant wild boar.

Holden better start sewing if he's gonna have my XXL tapa print sport coat ready in time for my wedding.

Sitting on the dock of the bay wasting time w/Kinny, ETR, Dread Pirate Murf and a bevy of gorgeous wahines... heaven! A welcome break from the very warm gallery room and who knew motorboat fumes could make music taste like colors. Did anybody arrive by boat Friday night? I've gotta do that next time!

Kirby missed my Kon Tiki beard so I'll get started on that immediately.

Soccer! You rocker!

Thanks to No Na Me (Erik The Red) and Dr No (Na Me)((Trish)) for securing that big table by the window.

Mmmmm... Chicken of the Gods. Al-ii is wise.

After a long evening, while chatting w/Grog and breaking down the OnaTiki lamp display, a flawless marble statue to his left suddenly began to speak to me! Since Grog didn't seem to notice anything unusual happening I tried to play it cool and pretended it wasn't there, all the while wondering who slipped me the peyote Mai Tai. Thank goodness I finally recognized the smiling face as that of Coconut Monktress herself Atomikitty.

... and Mahalo nui loa to all our old and new pals who dropped by to see us at the Boutiki over the weekend. The Amazing Ruziks, OnaTiki Ohana including My Favorite Fetus Auggie, Tikiyaki, Soccertiki & Woohoowahini's Mug Delivery Service, Akutiki77 and many more for filing our little beach hut with enough warm Aloha spirit to last until the next gathering of tribes!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 4:56 pm   Permalink

Interactive art ain't just for da keiki's anymore. Rita sez "Thanks Kinny!"

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TsunamiShanna

Posted: 2007-11-04 5:44 pm   Permalink

Looks like you guys had fun, sorry we missed you.

View Profile of TsunamiShanna Send a personal message to TsunamiShanna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation