FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-06 20:45, Tiki Chris wrote:
Where to begin?
Anyway, I'm really excited about the rest of my time in California. The plan for tomorrow is to get up fairly early and shop for some pink socks and a brown flower vintage aloha shirt.

Chris
http://www.tikichris.com

ha ha ha where have I heard that before???

Jeff(bigtikidude)
good to meet ya man,

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-06 20:49, bigtikidude wrote:

ha ha ha where have I heard that before???

Jeff(bigtikidude)
good to meet ya man,

Jeff, super nice to meet you too. Hmmm ...

Do you think pink socks and brown flowers would clash?

rapanuinews.blogspot.com

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 08:19 am   Permalink

Quote:
Do you think pink socks and brown flowers would clash?

Actually Chris-they kinda go together!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 2:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

LLT and Atomic Kitty upset about something in their drinks

WOW!!
Now we know what would have happened if an illicit affair between Marilyn Monroe and Charles Nelson Reilly had produced twins!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 2:21 pm   Permalink

Thank Heaven she died so young!
Marilyn,that is....not Suzy!
Suzy RAWKS!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-11-07 18:01 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 09:57 am   Permalink

I been takin' it easy and restin' up for the start of the crawl tonight. While loungin' about I posted another entry and slide show in Barefoot Bloggin' about the rest of Tiki Chris, Tiki Racer and my trip up the CA coast. Take a look HERE

I also took a few of my pics, added a tune by The Tikiyaki Orchestra and made a nifty little music video over on a sweet site called Animoto.com. You can spock my vid HERE

Fun Stuff from your pal Chongolio. Dig!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 9:57 pm   Permalink

And here comes Suzy-come-lately with her two cents. . .

Heh, better late than never I guess!

Finally got around to uploading these photos today.

Let me first say a big MAHALO to everyone at Tiki Magazine for putting on a fantastic event!

The location, the art, the music, the dancers, the drinks, the people . . . the spirit of aloha was truly alive, and it was a magical evening!

I thought I'd taken more pictures, but honestly I got so wrapped up talking to all the friendly and talented Ohana and ogling all the astounding art, I just plumb forgot!

A special thanks to GROG for being my carpool buddy, Doug Horne for letting us shack up with him in his swanky suite, John and Paula for letting us join their super fun dinner group. . .mmm. . .chicken of the gods. . . BigTikiDude for leading our crew to a great hangover breakfast joint, and Nic and Eileen for fining room for me in the show.

Oh yeah! . . . HUGE thanks to Kent, Barbara and John for buying my painting in a record breaking 45 minutes! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Here are the few pics I managed to snap:

Here's an 'in progress' pic of the piece I had in the show.
In all the crazy rush to finish the painting and get down to San Diego, I realize now this is the only record I have of the piece! Doh!
Very professional Suzy . . . at least I know it has a good home now. Maybe they will let me visit sometime.

Super Atomic A-Frame!

Those Smokin' Menehune!

Menehune Madness!

A luminous gem of a painting by Tiki Shark.

The Sabu and The Squid

Me with Mr. Bali Hai (and some weirdo in the background. . . I swear, every time you try to take a nice picture. . .)

The Bali Hai Greeter Tiki. This guy was tucked away behind the front door and I didn't notice him until we were leaving.
I thought it was funny because it looked like he had peed into the half full Corona bottle at his feet.
I guess that was Midnight, 3 Mai Tai's kinda funny. . .

Hey. . .That reminds me, did anyone see that guy walking out of the Bali Hai with his pants around his ankles???!!!! Well, I guess it was just me and Little Lost Tiki. . .
Kenny RAWKS! Peroxide power!

A beatiful view of the Shelter Island harbor

So pretty.

Made a stop at Trader Morts on our way out of town

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY WILL MAKE IT AN ANNUAL EVENT!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-15 2:56 pm   Permalink

Hi, AtomKitty - We LO-O-OVE Kanaloa, and we promise to give him a good home! He's displayed prominently, next to a matching blue (plastic) parrot. They seem to get along well. We need to get a photo with you and the painting - we were WOC (With Out Camera) at the Bali Hai. We're gonna try and make it to Tonga Hut show in Dec - hopefully see you there!

And you need a good copy for yourself - I don't think he'll fit on our scanner at home - maybe we can take him to Kinkos?

Mahalo

Kent & Barbara

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 3:46 pm   Permalink

opps

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2008-06-07 15:46 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation