FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 7:05 pm   Permalink

I LOVE Humphreys, but....

There ARE Some Cheaper alternatives...

http://deals.hotels.com/hotels-california/hotels-san-diego/kona-kai-resort-formerly-shelter-pointe/

http://deals.hotels.com/hotels-california/hotels-san-diego/vagabond-inn-point-loma/

http://deals.hotels.com/hotels-california/hotels-san-diego/comfort-inn-at-the-harbor/

And this Mid Century Modern styled gem....

http://deals.hotels.com/hotels-california/hotels-san-diego/the-pearl/

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2007-09-05 7:14 pm   Permalink

Kona Kai average $249 a night (1.08 miles from Bali Hai)

Vagabond average $117 a night (.8 miles from Bali Hai)

Comfort Inn average $110 a night (1.23 miles from Bali Hai)

The Pearl average $159 a night (1.04 miles from Bali Hai)

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-09-05 19:29 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 7:20 pm   Permalink

C'mon Hotel Snobs! All the Hoity Toity People and Class "A' artists are staying at Humphries! They promised to keep the riff-raff out! and you don't have to stagger home as far!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2007-09-05 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-05 19:20, little lost tiki wrote:
C'mon Hotel Snobs! All the Hoity Toity People and Class "A' artists are staying at Humphries! They promised to keep the riff-raff out! and you don't have to stagger home as far!

WoooHoo! We are staying a Humphries too but unfortunately they are pretty booked for the weekend. Their Sister Hotel is actually The Best Western Island Palms

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2007-09-05 7:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-05 16:45, WooHooWahine wrote:
Aloha & WoooHooo! I've done a little homework and here's the info I have for you regarding accommodations. Humphries requires a two night minimum for the weekend and their room availability is very limited to rooms that are really pricey for that weekend. BUT...... The Best Western Island Palms Hotel (which is right next door to Humphries and within walking distance to The Bali Hai) has availability. If you are interested in staying their I reserved a Block of rooms at the rate of $175 for the night of November 2. Call 1-800-922-2336 to reserve your room. To get this rate mention Tiki Magazine Rate. This Special Rate will not be in their computer system until tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to PM me if you have any ?'s Mahalo!!

The Best Western Island Palms is .6 miles away from the Bali Hai (2 minutes to be exact)

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 8:11 pm   Permalink

$89 a night
10% off that price if you're AAA member
1 Mile from the Bali Hai
3 blocks from Shelter Island
Starving Musician friendly

http://www.qualityinnsd.com/directions.htm
The Quality Inn
2901 Nimitz Blvd
San Diego, CA 92106
Phone: 619-224-3655
Fax: 619-224-4025
Reservations:
1- 800-352-1222

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 9:15 pm   Permalink

Definitely count me! I can't wait!

I'm wonderin' should I stay jus fer the night at (possibly) Humphrey's (or maybe further along the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina)?

When is everyone gettin to SD?

just wanna get some ideas!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 9:20 pm   Permalink

Friends house in Pacific Beach 5 miles away and free.
if I'm too drunk to drive, the bed of my truck, and a pillow and blanket,
also free.
I'm cheaper than a broke musician, unfortunetly.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s.
is there anything else going on in San Deigo that weekend?
Sat. or Sun.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2007-09-06 7:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-05 19:29, WooHooWahine wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 16:45, WooHooWahine wrote:
Aloha & WoooHooo! I've done a little homework and here's the info I have for you regarding accommodations. Humphries requires a two night minimum for the weekend and their room availability is very limited to rooms that are really pricey for that weekend. BUT...... The Best Western Island Palms Hotel (which is right next door to Humphries and within walking distance to The Bali Hai) has availability. If you are interested in staying their I reserved a Block of rooms at the rate of $175 for the night of November 2. Call 1-800-922-2336 to reserve your room. To get this rate mention Tiki Magazine Rate. This Special Rate will not be in their computer system until tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to PM me if you have any ?'s Mahalo!!

The Best Western Island Palms is .6 miles away from the Bali Hai (2 minutes to be exact)

I just received a phone call from The Island Palms and The Tiki Magazine Special Rate is now in their computer system

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2007-09-06 8:12 pm   Permalink

I say get a room were you can afford it....Being there is what counts! Seeing the Tikiyaki Orchestra perform LIVE will be worth the entire evening! I like the idea of being able to stumble out of the Bali Hai across the parking lot to my room...It's a few bucks more, but I don't have to worry about driving and the possible consequences... So far I know of 3-4 rooms booked at Humphries and a couple more at the Island Palms right next door.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 9:27 pm   Permalink

I just booked mine at the Palms and this hotel looks killer . And since I dont drink , I dont mind driving . One less thing to worry about !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 9:30 pm   Permalink

Soccer Tiki Wrote :

<<I say get a room were you can afford it....Being there is what counts! Seeing the Tikiyaki Orchestra perform LIVE will be worth the entire evening! I like the idea of being able to stumble out of the Bali Hai across the parking lot to my room...It's a few bucks more, but I don't have to worry about driving and the possible consequences... So far I know of 3-4 rooms booked at Humphries and a couple more at the Island Palms right next door. >>

I agree. I just posted some options for peeps who wanted to keep their stay a little more affordable. I'd stayt at Humphreys in a heartbeat if it was more affordable for me. I love that place.

I wanted to stay at the Pearl, but alas, too expensive.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2007-09-06 22:55 ]

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 22:36, Billy the Crud wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-16 18:46, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Nick,

An art show in San Diego with the only local artist being Bosko?

What about Clysdalle and Tikidav and Mieko?

Just throwing out the names of a couple of amazing folks in the SD area. There are a ton more.

Sounds like it might be a fun event though.

There are quite a few amazing choppers, just in our group here in SD. Seems a shame, indeed to "narrow the field" at the expense of these other great local choppers being edged out by a guy who's tikis all look pretty similair. My wife even mentioned that when we ate at Mr Tiki. She said "You can sure tell the same guy did all of these tikis!"

Sorry Nick to get off topic but I have to get somthing off my chest.

These student carvers are great and developing into awesome carvers, but they are not in the same league as BOSKO! Period, end of discussion. Who is Bosko? Oh, just some guy who helped start the tiki carving / mug revival! Please realize that if it wasn't for Bosko doing tikis since the "80's ,we (yes I include myself 100% ) probably wouldn't be "chopping" them today .

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2007-09-07 09:52 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 10:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-06 22:30, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-16 22:36, Billy the Crud wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-16 18:46, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Nick,

An art show in San Diego with the only local artist being Bosko?

What about Clysdalle and Tikidav and Mieko?

Just throwing out the names of a couple of amazing folks in the SD area. There are a ton more.

Sounds like it might be a fun event though.

These student carvers are great and developing into awesome carvers, but they are not in the same league as BOSKO! Period, end of discussion. Who is Bosko? Oh, just some guy who helped start the tiki carving / mug revival! Please realize that if it wasn't for Bosko doing tikis since the "80's we (yes I include myself 100% ) probably wouldn't "chopping" them today .

There are quite a few amazing choppers, just in our group here in SD. Seems a shame, indeed to "narrow the field" at the expense of these other great local choppers being edged out by a guy who's tikis all look pretty similair. My wife even mentioned that when we ate at Mr Tiki. She said "You can sure tell the same guy did all of these tikis!"

Hmmm.

Is there no more respect left in this tiki world???

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 10:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-06 22:30, Tiki Diablo wrote:

These student carvers are great and developing into awesome carvers, but they are not in the same league as BOSKO! Period, end of discussion. Who is Bosko? Oh, just some guy who helped start the tiki carving / mug revival! Please realize that if it wasn't for Bosko doing tikis since the "80's we (yes I include myself 100% ) probably wouldn't "chopping" them today .

[/quote]

BOSKO and SHAG...the originals.

I'm lookinjg forward to seeing Bosko at this event.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation