FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 4:49 pm   Permalink

Wow, man. If San Diego were destroyed by terrorists on New Years Eve, you'd really regret not making the trip down. Us same ol' people will be having a blast, though! Sometimes I'm really glad that LA is a two hour trip away........keeps me from leaving Paradise too often.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-21 15:50, CaliTiki wrote:
I would go if this were on a Saturday. It's just not worth it to me to take a day off of work and drive all the way from LA to San Diego on a Friday just to spend a few hours at the Bali Hai to see the same old people I pretty much just saw at Tiki Oasis.

Wow, that wasn't very nice. The "same old people"? I hope you are kidding.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-21 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I would go if this were on a Saturday. It's just not worth it to me to take a day off of work and drive all the way from LA to San Diego on a Friday just to spend a few hours at the Bali Hai to see the same old people I pretty much just saw at Tiki Oasis.

I would kill to be able to run over for a Friday/Saturday to see the "same old people" cuz they ROCK.... even if it is a 6-1/2 hour drive for me!! I had a great time hanging out at Tiki Oasis!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-21 7:12 pm   Permalink

My Ohana & I are making a whole weekend out of it Sea World the Zoo! HiPhiPaHulA!!!!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 11:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-21 19:12, Hiphipahula wrote:
My Ohana & I are making a whole weekend out of it Sea World the Zoo! HiPhiPaHulA!!!!!

We have Sea World passes that expire in Dec...hmmmmmmmm

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-22 12:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-21 17:58, Tiki Kiniki wrote:
Quote:

I would kill to be able to run over for a Friday/Saturday to see the "same old people" cuz they ROCK.... even if it is a 6-1/2 hour drive for me!! I had a great time hanging out at Tiki Oasis!

Come on out! We'll be looking for you!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 09:00 am   Permalink

Sea world rocks!!

They have speakers in all the bushes playing music, specifically, my favorite band the Rippingtons!!!!

I was there during the summer while my family went on things I did not want to go on, sitting in the sun drinking Budweiser select from a metal bottle, and listening to the best smooth jazz band ever. I was super relaxed and having a good time!

If people are going down there for a couple of days, make sure to check out Paradise Point! It is very close to Sea World, and is a place I have posted about. In the 70's it used to be called vacation village, and it is an entire tropical island with a tiki bar. There are beach bungalos you can rent (It's actually one big hotel) amid tropical walkways and streams. This is the place they should be having Tiki Oasis!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-25 12:56 am   Permalink

Come to SEA WORLD with us!!!!!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 09:01 am   Permalink

I thought this thread was about the TikiMagazine Art Show...
I know Chongolio and TikiShark already have work ready for the show...
saw the pieces on their Posts.....
I'd love to see what the rest of the crew is cookin up for this Rockin Show!
Hey Nick! Should we post pics of our finished paintings for the show or
should we let the crowd beg and salivate for another 5 weeks?
Whaddya think?
It'd liven up this thread more than the Sea World arrangements...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-25 2:49 pm   Permalink

Ken,

If the artists (you guys) want to start posting art to salivate, go ahead. I have no problem. Don't show all of it, though. Leave a little for the art show.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 3:58 pm   Permalink

I say let them wait till the last week . Then all the people who wont commit will see a little teaser and realize that this is the biggest collection of tiki artists Ive ever heard of in one room .Then they will all start making last minute plans to go because its the only tiki function at this time of year .They will all develop the tiki flu on Nov. 1st and cant go into work on Friday .This show is gonna be amazing !
Hey , does Shamu still do that crazy splashing show????

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-22 09:00, lucas vigor wrote:
Sea world rocks!!

They have speakers in all the bushes playing music, specifically, my favorite band the Rippingtons!!!!

I was there during the summer while my family went on things I did not want to go on, sitting in the sun drinking Budweiser select from a metal bottle, and listening to the best smooth jazz band ever. I was super relaxed and having a good time!

If people are going down there for a couple of days, make sure to check out Paradise Point! It is very close to Sea World, and is a place I have posted about. In the 70's it used to be called vacation village, and it is an entire tropical island with a tiki bar. There are beach bungalos you can rent (It's actually one big hotel) amid tropical walkways and streams. This is the place they should be having Tiki Oasis!

Sea World also plays a ton of Jump Blues like Louis Jordan & Floyd Dixon, although they go a little heavy on the Jump Blues Revivalists like Brian Setzer Orchestra & Joe Jackson.

As for beer, check out the Brewmasters Club and free tasters in the Hospitality building.

And of course if it was still the '70s you could eat in the Hawaiian Punch Pavilion...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 11:50 pm   Permalink

Luck has me in northern OC the week of this. I'm driving across 1/2 the country to help my best friend move to his new job.

I'd love to come down and check out the event, art and talk story.

I'm pretty familier with North County SD but haven't been any further south than Pacific Beach in the last 15 or so years. What's the easiest way to get to the Bali Hai from the OC?

And what are the costs for the event... parking/admission?

Any info would be appreciated!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-10-01 23:52 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 04:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

Well, considering I live in London and that I've never been to San Diego and haven't been to California since the late 90s ... and that there will be artists there from the UK (Tiki Racer), Hawaii (Chongolio and Tiki Shark), and Georgia (Derek) and elsewhere(?), there should be plenty of not-so-same-old action.

Really looking forward to this event!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:14 am   Permalink

its real close to Pacific Beach, well couple miles anyways.
parking is free.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation