FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-05 16:45, WooHooWahine wrote:
Aloha & WoooHooo! I've done a little homework and here's the info I have for you regarding accommodations. Humphries requires a two night minimum for the weekend and their room availability is very limited to rooms that are really pricey for that weekend. BUT...... The Best Western Island Palms Hotel (which is right next door to Humphries and within walking distance to The Bali Hai) has availability. If you are interested in staying their I reserved a Block of rooms at the rate of $175 for the night of November 2. Call 1-800-922-2336 to reserve your room. To get this rate mention Tiki Magazine Rate. This Special Rate will not be in their computer system until tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to PM me if you have any ?'s Mahalo!!

Don't forget to get your room! I hear there may be some room parties!!!

WooooooHooooOOOOoooooooooo!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:25 am   Permalink

Lake Surfer,

Come on down. Free parking, free admission, free entertainment (Smokin' Menehunes and the Tikiyaki Orchestra), the only thing you have to pay for is food and drinks, if you want them. Here's a sneak peek at the limited edition print for the show by Derek Yaniger. It's just a month away.

Nick

http://tikiroom.com/img/2022x47027e1e.jpg

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 11:06 am   Permalink

Is anyone driving down from the SF Bay Area on Friday who could use a rider for the carpool lanes? I wanna go, but I just don't wanna pay the airfare. I can pitch in for gas though!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-02 10:25, nicktiki wrote:
Lake Surfer,

Come on down. Free parking, free admission, free entertainment (Smokin' Menehunes and the Tikiyaki Orchestra), the only thing you have to pay for is food and drinks, if you want them. Here's a sneak peek at the limited edition print for the show by Derek Yaniger. It's just a month away.

Nick

http://tikiroom.com/img/2022x47027e1e.jpg

AWESOME!!!!

Nice artwork Derek!!

"Long Live The Goof"

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 3:16 pm   Permalink

It is only 40 bones round trip from the bay area. That is cheaper than driving from LA!! Sorta.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 3:30 pm   Permalink

Last time I checked (yesterday) it was $40 each way from the Bay Area plus taxes, taking the total to around $100. I just thought if a few of us ganged up we could split the gas cost.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 5:00 pm   Permalink

JenTiki, you're the lounge Jazz singer, right?

Hey, you will finally get to hear our band!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 5:34 pm   Permalink

Yep, that's me! I'm still not 100% sure I'm coming down for the show. The FI Parking Lot Sale kinda killed my tiki budget for the rest of the year, so I'll have to see if I can do some creative accounting and work it out. It'll be cool to see both the bands if I make it!

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 7:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-01 23:50, Lake Surfer wrote:
I'm pretty familier with North County SD but haven't been any further south than Pacific Beach in the last 15 or so years. What's the easiest way to get to the Bali Hai from the OC?

Go South 5 from OC. Pacific beach is the Grand/Garnet exit. Next exit is claremont dr(Shout out to bay park on the left), after that Sea world drive. Next one after that is the exit you take. take I8 rosecrans exit and take the rosecrans ramp going west. stay on Rosecrans for a few miles until you get to shelter island dr.(Soon after bank of america) Turn left on shelter island dr. Look for trader morts about a block down on the left. The Boll weevil on the right used to have a leroy tiki . When you hit the confusing intersection at the water, go left and that is the Bali Hai. Humphreys is on the right. Leave early, traffic sucks. You know you're totally F(*(*& if you hit traffic before Oceanside...

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:36 pm   Permalink

Nick and Buzzy... thanks much for the info. Gonna do my best to make it down, never made a CA event yet.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-03 08:24 am   Permalink

Is anyone going over from Arizona??? I met several people at Tiki Oasis from Arizona and commented we should carpool over for some of these events..... Heck, I can't wait to move back to OC!!!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 08:40 am   Permalink

COME ON DOWN TIKI-KINIKI!
A SoCal Tiki Event isn't the same without your smiling face!
Just drink some RED BULLs and get some diapers (like that crazy astronaut lady)
and HAUL AZZ down to San Diego! VROOOOOOOOOOM!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 09:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-02 15:30, JenTiki wrote:
Last time I checked (yesterday) it was $40 each way from the Bay Area plus taxes, taking the total to around $100. I just thought if a few of us ganged up we could split the gas cost.

Your are CORRECT!!! Bad keyboard, bad!!

My brother rented a hybrid round trip from SC and they spent about $50 in gas. Not sure if it was round trip though. Hmmm. Stack five people in a Prius and you might be able to spend as little as $10 or $20 each round trip. Based on a $50 rental Fri- Mon. If that exists.

Toyota dealers and Enterprise are the places to check out.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-04 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-03 08:40, little lost tiki wrote:
COME ON DOWN TIKI-KINIKI!
A SoCal Tiki Event isn't the same without your smiling face!
Just drink some RED BULLs and get some diapers (like that crazy astronaut lady)
and HAUL AZZ down to San Diego! VROOOOOOOOOOM!

Red bulls and diapers??? Couldn't I just catch a ride on your chocolate unicorn???

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 12:34 pm   Permalink

No chocolate unicorns allowed in Arizona,Cindy!
Sorry! He'd melt!
I'll see if there's any winged horses available for that time!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation