FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Smokin' Menehunes will be at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach this Friday, May 28th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Smokin' Menehunes will be at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach this Friday, May 28th
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-26 07:32 am   Permalink

WooHoo! One more day

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-13 2:10 pm   Permalink

The Smokin Menehunes will be at The Catalina Fish Kitchen this Fri., 4/17 at 7:00pm. Make sure you get there early to get a seat. The Smokin Menehunes always pack the house.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 12:49 pm   Permalink

Hope to see some people that don't normally come!

Raveeeeeeeeeeeeenneeeeeeee!! I want YOU! I know you live in OC! C'mon, what are you waiting for! I even will buy you a drink if you show!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 8:29 pm   Permalink

I will prob be there.
I just need to get moving early.
I'm tired of getting there, and having nowhere to sit.

the food there is soooo good.
I want to see the Bamboo Ben Family there.
its so close to them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-17 07:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-13 14:10, WooHooWahine wrote:

The Smokin Menehunes will be at The Catalina Fish Kitchen this Fri., 4/17 at 7:00pm. Make sure you get there early to get a seat. The Smokin Menehunes always pack the house.

TGIF!! WooHoo!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 08:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-15 20:29, bigtikidude wrote:
I will prob be there.
I just need to get moving early.
I'm tired of getting there, and having nowhere to sit.

the food there is soooo good.
I want to see the Bamboo Ben Family there.
its so close to them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I am just going to be happy if people like Ravene show up (and I am just using her as an example of people on this forum that support each and every exotica band, but tend to neglect Hapa Haole bands like us- no offense intended) .

I realize we are not an exotica band, but this is the music you would have heard in Waikiki back in the 50's, 60's and early 70's. Think Don Ho and Sam Kapua singing "sweet someone" to Bobby and Cindy Brady. That's what we do. (Except your ukelele won't break.)

Deedle deedle doo!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 12:12 am   Permalink

great show tonight,
and Bill Tapia was on fire tonight,
playing wise and joke wise,
that guy is a riot.
so cool man.

glad I went.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 09:19 am   Permalink

I am glad you went, too! And you stayed the entire time! It was less packed then ususal, but still a great crowd!

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-06 12:21 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! Are you ready for a Double Dose of The Smokin Menehunes??

The Smoking Menehunes will be playing at The Catalina Fish Kitchen on Friday, May 15 @ 7:00pm
AND
at Buster's Beach House on Sunday, May 17 @ 4:00pm

What a Tiki-rrific Way to Start and End Your Weekend!!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-11 10:44 am   Permalink

Looking forward to Friday! Remember to get there early. Sometimes its "SRO" standing room only!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-12 07:44 am   Permalink

WooHoo! Four more days

Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 12:40 pm   Permalink

Come on everyone lets show some support to the Menehunes and pack the place. Their Hapa Haole style music was a major part of the original Tiki period which I know many of us enjoy. It just seems to me everyone puts all their support behind the Surf/Exotica bands but when it comes to the old Hawaiian style not many seem to go, what gives? There aren't many good groups of this style left, and theses guys are some of the best. And as a bonus 95% of the time you also get to hear one of the worlds oldest still performing musicians, Bill Tapia, who at 101 is still going strong! So come see a great show for the cost of a meal and show some Aloha spirit for the Menehunes.

In the immortal words of Bamboo Ben - Let enjoy what we have, while we still have it!

[ This Message was edited by: Hinano_Paul 2009-05-12 13:28 ]

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 12:55 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna try to be there Fri. but there are other things that night.
that I have to go to also,

but I will definitely be at Busters on Sun.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-12 5:52 pm   Permalink

An excerpt from an email I received from my very good friend Palika:
"....and Bill (Tapia) might introduce his new song for the very first time. Its a song composed by him, with lyrics by Jim Beloff. What a song !! Its called 'Ukulele Man'."
All the more reason to see the Menehunes this weekend!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-13 12:43 am   Permalink

Pam & I will be there! Looking forward to the show!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation