FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Smokin' Menehunes will be at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach this Friday, May 28th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Smokin' Menehunes will be at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach this Friday, May 28th
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 9:59 pm   Permalink

RAD. Thanks, Ben!

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 9:59 pm   Permalink

hey Ben,
you should swing by.
or is 7 pm, bed time?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 10:38 am   Permalink

Good news! Uncle Bill Tapia will be there tonight! As some of you know, he just turned 102 and unfortunately also recently broke his hip. Despite that, he will be jamming with us tonight. To add to what BTD said, we have not played in a while, so I guarantee the place will be crammed to capacity. Try and get there early, if possible.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 6:05 pm   Permalink

get there soon.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 12:49 pm   Permalink

Had a great time last night! It was a packed house, but we were lucky to get a seat with Mike and Carlee and the kids, who managed to get there early. I'd never been to the Fish Kitchen, and the laid-back, friendly atmosphere was the perfect way to end a long work week. The Smokin' Menehunes were great as always, and finally seeing Bill Tapia perform and getting to meet and take a photo with him after the show was a highlight of the night. What an amazing character. It's no wonder he's so loved and revered. Looking forward to the next show!

Bong and I with Bill Tapia

Archie, The Smokin' Menehunes biggest (and littlest) fan, at 3.5 months old

Jane and I with Bill. I certainly didn't mean for it to look like I was about to stab him. Shaking head...

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-18 6:40 pm   Permalink

Just in from the coconut/bong wire:

YES! The Smokin' Menehunes will be at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach from 7 to 9pm this Friday, March 19th.

The Catalina Fish Kitchen is on the corner of Garfield and Magnolia in Huntington Beach. (Just 1.5 miles south off the 405 Fwy)

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 8:56 pm   Permalink

wooooohoooooo indeed.
didn't have any plans for Fri.
so this works out great.

and then Glasgow Tiki Shakers at Dons on Sat.

whats going on sun.?

Jeff(btd)

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-19 2:42 pm   Permalink

SoccerTiki and I are stranded in Paradise until Sunday. We are hoping everyone goes to see The Smokin Menehunes tonights. Post pics please!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 11:55 pm   Permalink

I don't know if any pis were taken,
possibly Polypop did.
but the place was packed,
and with the Merger of the Fish Kitchen and Numero Uno Pizza.
They Added more tables, and all of them were filled.

Great show as always,
Bill Tapia was a riot.

Jeff(btd)

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-26 12:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha Kakou,

Yes, this Friday April 30th from 7pm to 9pm, the Menehunes will be entertaining at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach. Many of you are loyal fans that seem to find your way there following announcements such as this. Much mahalos to you all.

Again, expect the unexpected. It will be a Polynesian night of fun with family and friends. And, the Kitchen has doubled its menu with the addition of Numero Uno Pizza to the ohana. We look forward to seeing you this Friday.

A hui hou,
Pat Palika Enos

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-26 1:47 pm   Permalink

I will be there.
they sounded really good with the addition of Tikiyaki Jim on Bongos at Busters
yesterday. I want to see them again.

and when that's over at 9.
Swing on By Don the Beachcomber for Outerwave.

Jeff(btd)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-26 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-26 13:47, bigtikidude wrote:
I will be there.
they sounded really good with the addition of Tikiyaki Jim on Bongos at Busters
yesterday. I want to see them again.

and when that's over at 9.
Swing on By Don the Beachcomber for Outerwave.

Jeff(btd)

Jim is a master on Bongos. 100% improved our sound!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 9:39 pm   Permalink

YAY! If Trevor can get out of work at a decent time, we'll head up for sure. We always love a Menehune's show, and he's never seen Bill Tapia perform. He might be excited about pizza too.

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-28 06:04 am   Permalink

Im there .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 5:45 pm   Permalink

Bummer boys, but it doesn't look like Trevor's going to be out of work early enough for us to make it up to the Fish Kitchen before you're wrapping up. We'll head straight to Don's, and hope to see you there so we can buy you a drink. Have a great show, and hopefully we can catch you next time. Friday's are tough.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation