FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » NYC Tiki Party in September
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
NYC Tiki Party in September
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 6:41 pm   Permalink

Any A-list Models will be there !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:04 pm   Permalink

I'm Scottish Presbyterian but the 8th is much better than the 22nd for me too. Shalom!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 06:15 am   Permalink

The 8th is definite. I will do some research to try to find the cheapest hotel in the area. There are plenty of hotels around, as I am in the midtown- Times Sq. area.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 09:24 am   Permalink

Ray,

Mahalo for scoping the hotels in the area. If someone were to have Marriott or Hilton miles to burn what are the nearest ones to you?

Any chance you can make it out to Allentown on the 1st?

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-31 09:24, rugbymatt wrote:
Ray,

Mahalo for scoping the hotels in the area. If someone were to have Marriott or Hilton miles to burn what are the nearest ones to you?

Any chance you can make it out to Allentown on the 1st?

Matt

There are three Hiltons and a Marriott within 3-4 blocks of me. The closest Hiltons are on 7th avenue, one at 54th and the other at 53rd, the Marriott is on Broadway, I believe. I will be at the Mass. shore on the 1st.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 2:03 pm   Permalink

Mahalo nui loa!

leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 5:08 pm   Permalink

The 8th is a good date for us to get together with everyone! Looking forward to it!

Joe & Nicole

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 10:19 am   Permalink

I just sent out evites to anyone who posted here and had their email address in their profile. If anyone did not get one and wants one, PM me or post your email address.

It will be Saturday, September 8 at 8:00.

Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 12:23 pm   Permalink

so, are the Village ELders of Okonkuluku invited? Mr. Ho also knows several tiki fans in NYC including Jack Fetterman of the monthly Quiet City Penthouse Party which broadcasts from the east village. Mr. Ho , yours truly, bartended the last one featuring classic Rum Barrels, Mai Tais, and the newly found Zombie (the official 1934 punch) as provided by our pal, The Bum.

Let me know and I'll share with the other elders...

mr ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 06:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-03 12:23, Mr. Ho wrote:
so, are the Village ELders of Okonkuluku invited? Mr. Ho also knows several tiki fans in NYC including Jack Fetterman of the monthly Quiet City Penthouse Party which broadcasts from the east village. Mr. Ho , yours truly, bartended the last one featuring classic Rum Barrels, Mai Tais, and the newly found Zombie (the official 1934 punch) as provided by our pal, The Bum.

Let me know and I'll share with the other elders...

mr ho

Most defnitely! We would be honored!

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 08:28 am   Permalink

I researched the hotels and this is what I found:

The cheapest decent hotel is the St. James at $200 on special at Expedia.com. It's at 45th and 6th avenue, 11 blocks from me in the heart of Times Square.

The Sheraton New York is very close at 54th and 6th (two blocks away) and there is a Sheraton Manhattan one block south of that on 53rd and 6th. They should be available for $250-$300.

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-09 10:20 am   Permalink

I got a room at the Sheraton Manhattan for the 8th!

I'll be driving in from the Valley on the Saturday afternoon if anybody in NJ needs to be picked up along the way.

van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-09 2:42 pm   Permalink

I'll be in town the weekend of the 28th-29th and can bring some Batavia Arrack, not that alcohol should influence anything here!

View Profile of van Oosten Send a personal message to van Oosten  Goto the website of van Oosten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 7:15 pm   Permalink

Hey if Jack, Mr. Ho, Alan M, and Nicole and Joe are attending,
this is going to be one swinging party!

Kiki

Quote:

On 2007-08-04 06:40, Urban Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-03 12:23, Mr. Ho wrote:
so, are the Village ELders of Okonkuluku invited? Mr. Ho also knows several tiki fans in NYC including Jack Fetterman

mr ho

Most defnitely! We would be honored!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-22 09:01 am   Permalink

We should all be tuned up for this event since it comes at the tail of an impressive string of events: Tiki Oasis, NE Tiki Tour, Allentown Luau.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation