FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NYC Tiki Party in September
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
NYC Tiki Party in September
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 06:28 am   Permalink

This was without a doubt one of the best parties I have experienced because of the great group of people that were in attendance. The NY area TC Ohana made it a very special evening that I will never forget, but what is most gratifying is knowing that over the past couple of weeks we have started an active tiki group in the NY and New England area that is sure to result in some fantastic tiki events and lasting friendships.

My non-tiki friends can't stop talking about how much they loved the TCers! I think we have made some new converts (including Mary) and I am sure there will be some new TC members in the near future.

I received some great gifts- the generosity of the TCers was overwhelming and only surpassed by their aloha spirit and dedication to revelry (Rugbymatt came all the way from Allentown, PA. and stayed to about 4 A.M. and got up at 9 the next morning!)

Raffertiki,
Your fabulous artwork will get a place of honor on the "Wall of Tiki". Please remind me who made the great frame.

Kiki,
Thanks for posting those wonderful pictures.

Mahalo to all!

[ This Message was edited by: Urban Tiki 2007-09-10 06:34 ]

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicalTiki

Posted: 2007-09-10 4:18 pm   Permalink

Ray & Mary,

You are fabulous hosts! We had an incredible time. It was great to meet so many cool people in one place! So are we doing it again next weekend?

Here are the photographs that I took put to a slide show.
http://www.americanphotopro.info/urbantiki

I love the artwork that Raffertiki made. It's hard to believe he is not doing that full time.

Matt was great behind the bar. The pupu platter was awsome. And the roof top lounge was amazing!

Cheers to you!

Jeff

View Profile of TropicalTiki Send a personal message to TropicalTiki  Goto the website of TropicalTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 4:46 pm   Permalink

That slide show is fantastic- thanks!

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 5:26 pm   Permalink

Great Slide Show! You lucky dogs, looks like you had a blast!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 05:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-10 17:26, jpmartdog wrote:
Great Slide Show! You lucky dogs, looks like you had a blast!

You'll have to join us next time.

Great pictures by Kiki, too. Thanks!

Cutie Tiki

Posted: 2007-09-11 2:24 pm   Permalink

Totally awesome party and the slide show is incredible! Thanks for the great party!!!

View Profile of Cutie Tiki Send a personal message to Cutie Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 5:58 pm   Permalink

Ok so I'm sorta Hi-JACKin this tread but my party was near NEW York City and unfortunately it turned out to be the same date as Urban tiki which is all good!

It started at 2pm and went til 3am ( I think) Many family and friends and even little ones enjoyed 2 sets from Fisherman - one daylight out front and one eve by the pool heres some shots as I saw it...
front porch set 1

spilled into the street

move to the back SET 2

reppin the Mai Kai bowl

Fisherman knows where it at..

it was a hot night!

The cops came due to "noise" - I didn't take a picture of that though!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 06:00 am   Permalink

Looks like a great time Jack. Heck, a party with Fisherman- I almost blew off my own party to go! I'm glad you had a good time and hope the next party we can attend together.

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-12 06:14 am   Permalink

Combine efforts and have Fishermen play up on Urban Tiki's roof.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 2:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Raffertiki,
Your fabulous artwork will get a place of honor on the "Wall of Tiki". Please remind me who made the great frame.

I am honored! Fellow TCer Monkeyman made the frame.

Quote:
I love the artwork that Raffertiki made. It's hard to believe he is not doing that full time.

Thanks Tropical Tiki, maybe someday. And yeah, the slide show is awesome!

I second getting the Fisherman at the Tiki Bar in the Sky.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation