FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki-Ray's 6 foot Marquesan cannibal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki-Ray's 6 foot Marquesan cannibal
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 11:33 am   Permalink

Well I got a little inspired and worked all day and night creating for Tiki Oasis . I havent thought of a proper name for it yet so for now I will call it "Moai Charona ".

Enjoy !!!!!

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 7:22 pm   Permalink

I just finished the tiki I was working on at Tiki Oasis . I carved it there because I wanted to reproduce the "Garden Tiki" at the Hanalei Hotel . Its one of my favorites . I like it so much that it is also tattooed on my arm . I hope you like it . It will look much better after I put the finish on it . This will be a personal piece for me . Im always carving for everyone else and I never get to keep any .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 7:30 pm   Permalink

Great job Ray - you nailed it! Can't wait to see what he looks like with some patina!
That's one of my all-time favourite tikis too - #9 "Niku" was heavily influenced by that piece.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 05:03 am   Permalink

Yes, I agree with Paipo, Excellent job. That one is a Nice Keeper. Can't wait to see how you finish it too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 06:02 am   Permalink

Ray,

I agree with the boys above....very nice!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 08:04 am   Permalink

Awesome work!

Be proud!

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 09:08 am   Permalink

Beautiful carve!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 10:49 am   Permalink

I love it! Nice and clean.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 3:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words . I love it when a piece inspires you and at the same time it turns out to be such a great piece of wood .Mahalos, ray

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:44 am   Permalink

That's your best, man. Looks like the Hanalei Hotel Ku pictured in the Book Of Tiki? Very nice tiki.
Member #490

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 07:22 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-07-15 19:50, nicktiki wrote:

Well folks after I was asked to be in the show and saw this poster , Nick Camera , Hassan "Headhunter " Patterson and I did some correspondence .It was then that I was allowed to recreate the poster tiki into 3D tiki form . It is one solid piece of palm carved only with hand tools .It has white pine teeth and wood inlay on the top and bottom to match the design. This is a first for me but I finally painted a tiki . It has a 2 tone purple acrylic colorwash with drybrushed highlights . Then I put on a matte finish to seal it . I hope you like it . Nick and Hassan said they loved it . Check out the similarities.

Now I have to start carving that wahine...

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 07:41 am   Permalink

Really nice Ray!! you capture him perfectly! You're going to carv the wahine too! can't wait to see her! Congrats!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 11:18 am   Permalink

Carve the wahine?

I want to see a live recreation of the poster!

By the way, beautiful work.
Will you be bringing it to the show?

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 12:00 pm   Permalink

I will definitley be bringing it to sell . The wahine stays here for a while . It could take years of slow hand sanding before I release it .

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 12:17 pm   Permalink

I must say I'm impressed on that one, Ray. VERY cool!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation