FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 1:55 pm   Permalink

ALoHA!
Got a possible meeting tonight in CM about a December 15th ART show with Clysdalle and BigToe,but afterwards I'll try and get the Toe to shoot down with me to Sam's...no promises,but a potential MAYBE!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 6:10 pm   Permalink

Dani and I went to Sam's and it was closed, Bummer! Hope to try again maybe next week? Thanks SoccerTiki, WooHooWahine, And TikiTatt - Maybe they closed down Sam's because they knew Ken ( little lost tiki ) might be comming with one of those pipe bombs that closed the I-5 ( Joke )

little lost tiki

Quote:

(I certainly can't complain after everyone on the I-5 had to deal with the pipe bomb ordeal.)

Sorry Kate! My Bad... I was going to bring it to the BaliHai,but accidently dropped it out the window!

Mahalo All Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 08:25 am   Permalink

Sorry GOTIKI!
Next time I won't post if I'm going to Sam's...Low-profile-mum's the word!
Anyways....back to the LAB!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-07 09:25 am   Permalink

I was working in Seal Beach yesterday, a fairly rre ocurrence, and decided to go down to Sam's afterward. It was closed, but the door to the bar was open and I went in. The owner - or whoever it was that was there in the office - said that they were closed until Thursday because of a plumbing problem. He did show me around, though, and the place looks really good. I am looking forward to having dinner there sometime.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-07 09:35 am   Permalink

If you're having dinner, take LOTS of money.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 09:38 am   Permalink

From now on I plan to call Sam’s to see if they are open or not. The holiday season is upon us and Sam’s may be closed for business holiday parties. I was really looking forward to getting my spam and mac last night. Oh well!

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 11:12 am   Permalink

I don't want to be the one to start rumors or be responsible for spreading them, but what the hell...

I have heard from what I consider to be a reliable source on the "inside" that there are some serious money problems lurking and that Sam's may very well be closing-up business again.

What a pisser! I hope that this turns out to be bad information. We shall see.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-07 1:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-07 09:35, GROG wrote:
If you're having dinner, take LOTS of money.

Order the pupu's LOTS of them they are 1/2 price.

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-11-08 00:22 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 5:34 pm   Permalink

I heard that Gordon Ramsay from "Kitchen Nightmares" is on his way to help Sam's Seafood!

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-08 5:19 pm   Permalink

SAD NEWS: Tiki Tuesdays at Sam's have been cancelled

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 08:23 am   Permalink

Are they closed indefinitely? Or are they anti Tiki?

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-09 08:48 am   Permalink

Straight from the manager's mouth....SAM'S will ONLY be open Thursday thru Saturday. They were losing money the other nights they were open. She said they even lost money last Sunday when the Martini Kings played. If you want a mug I suggest you go in Thurs-Sat while you can!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 08:20 am   Permalink

So Tiki Thursdays at Sam's???

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-10 10:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-10 08:20, Tikitatt wrote:
So Tiki Thursdays at Sam's???

Let's do it! Just bring your rastafarian rainbow beennie for the Reggae Night later! From one island to another!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-11-10 10:49 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 4:18 pm   Permalink

i should have figured something was up at sams when the martini kings last played there on a sunday afternoon. the girl demi who booked us (and was off that day) left an envelope with only half of our pay(leaving the dirty work to a gal on duty that afternoon). after attemps at trying to locate the other half of our pay i was told that demi is no longer there......hmmmmm. i hate having a bad taste in my mouth left by sams, of all places- since we love it there.
anyway caution fellow musicians should you wanting to play there, apparantly an agreement just doesnt hold there.oh well, i'll let the tiki gods handle this one!
tony and the martini kings

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation