FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 4:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-13 16:18, martini kings wrote:
i should have figured something was up at sams when the martini kings last played there on a sunday afternoon. the girl demi who booked us (and was off that day) left an envelope with only half of our pay(leaving the dirty work to a gal on duty that afternoon). after attemps at trying to locate the other half of our pay i was told that demi is no longer there......hmmmmm. i hate having a bad taste in my mouth left by sams, of all places- since we love it there.
anyway caution fellow musicians should you wanting to play there, apparantly an agreement just doesnt hold there.oh well, i'll let the tiki gods handle this one!
tony and the martini kings

So, you never got the other half ?

If not, that's just plain BULLSH*T.

I spoke to Demi about doing an event there. She was nice, but It seems that they have a huge overhead and rent. Hence the $20 hamburger prices.....

Bummer, cos it all points to an unfortunate fate for Sam's.

What a shame.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-08 17:19, WooHooWahine wrote:

SAD NEWS: Tiki Tuesdays at Sam's have been cancelled

Mega-Phoo!

The Lion had all four paws knocked out from under when multiple spinal disks failed in September, so missed the past (and it sounds like last) couple months of Tiki Tuesdays.

< ((
=:< <- (Unhappy Lion)
< ((

The good news is he is now free forever of the security special services calls that have been such a bother for the last two decades:

< ))
=:> <- (Happy Lion)
< ))

And... he is now finally free to get the new independent enterprise up and running - but tha's business stuff, not appropriate for here (if you want to know, PM or ask in person).

So: is there a move to encourage Pupu specials at Sam's on a different night?
***Please see Tiki Lion's later post quoting this suggestion***

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lion 2007-11-15 00:15 ]

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 11:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-13 16:18, martini kings wrote:
i should have figured something was up at sams when the martini kings last played there on a sunday afternoon. the girl demi who booked us (and was off that day) left an envelope with only half of our pay(leaving the dirty work to a gal on duty that afternoon). after attemps at trying to locate the other half of our pay i was told that demi is no longer there......hmmmmm. i hate having a bad taste in my mouth left by sams, of all places- since we love it there.
anyway caution fellow musicians should you wanting to play there, apparantly an agreement just doesnt hold there.oh well, i'll let the tiki gods handle this one!
tony and the martini kings

sorry to hear about that Tony,
you guys are the ultimate in professionalisim, and that's F'd up for them to do that to you.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 12:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-14 15:44, Tiki Lion wrote:

So: is there a move to encourage Pupu specials at Sam's on a different night?

... on the other paw, shorting the band ain't a practice I favor either...

This one's tough: it's not my business to mediate others' businesses, but Martini Kings get my support without any particular judgement.
Tony and gang, please accept my apologies for my earlier comment's self-centeredness; I hadn't put the pieces of postings together.

Do we have independent confirmation that Demi has left Sam's?

What more is there to this story?

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 03:25 am   Permalink

wow ya lost me.... move along... hope all works out somehow.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 6:28 pm   Permalink

hey everyone,
didnt mean to spread a bad word about sams. sometimes ya gotta eat it. that is rare but part of my biz.dont let what happened to me blemish your good time at sams. i still dig it either way. bottom line.. it's a cool place. go to sams and have fun!
tony

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-16 12:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-15 18:28, martini kings wrote:
hey everyone,
didnt mean to spread a bad word about sams. sometimes ya gotta eat it. that is rare but part of my biz.dont let what happened to me blemish your good time at sams. i still dig it either way. bottom line.. it's a cool place. go to sams and have fun!
tony

Oops sorry Tony, I didn't mean to direct my comment towards you. I was lost in the other comments so I do apologize for any confusion My bad

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-16 06:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

hey everyone,
tony

:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

Hey, you can't be light in the envolope.. Sounds like a job for other Tony ...Soprano !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-16 06:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

hey everyone,
tony

I am tired of people feeling pressured to retract their statements, or tone them down on forums, to be politically correct.

Sams did not pay you what they promised. That's a crime. You guys are one of the top Tiki bands in existence. They should have paid, end of story. And if anyone welches on something like this, it needs to be publically stated.

Earlier, I made some statements regarding Sam's, and was jumped all over for daring to have an opinion. It started with a mild complaint that they were playing hip-hop over the PA system IN A TIKI BAR....and you would not believe the amount of negative posts defending them! And while I was there, I witnessed an extrememly rude bartender who looked more like a gang thug then a service employee. No, people need to be called on bad behavior. I expect no less from myself.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:08 pm   Permalink

for those of you that expressed interest in the little sam's episode regarding payment for the martini kings i want to let everyone know that the girl who booked us and has since been fired.
after explaining everything to the new manager and showing the history of emails from the ole gal there, the new manager made good on our verbal contract and paid us. hense,the martini kings walk away with a sweet(mai tai) flavor in our mouth when thinking about sams.thank you sam's!
tony

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:15 pm   Permalink

I'm glad to hear that it was a bad manager and not Sam's itself. Anyone up for a Sam's night?

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 14:15, Tikitatt wrote:
I'm glad to hear that it was a bad manager and not Sam's itself. Anyone up for a Sam's night?

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

I would love a get together at Sam's soon!

Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 4:24 pm   Permalink

Sounds great! What day sounds good?

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-27 5:15 pm   Permalink

After about 25 years, I finally made it back to Sam's over the turkey day break. I have to say that it looks really damn nice. We of course bought our mugs($20 each with alcohol included), but didn't eat. The drinks weren't much to jump up and down about, but the mugs and ambiance made it worth the visit. The bartenders were also very accomodating. Watch out for club nights on the weekends though- The idea of hip hop bumping in there is ridiculous(or Ludacris heh heh).

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 6:27 pm   Permalink

Humm Damm shame that wasa kool place .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation