FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 6:45 pm   Permalink

So far Sam's has been pretty good to me. The food, drinks and service has been great. No hip-hop crap either.

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 11:16 pm   Permalink

I say we make a Sun. afternoon (4 or 5 ish, maybe 6 ish) thing the new TC day/night event.
as Tues night was bad for me.
what do ya'll think?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 14:15, Tikitatt wrote:
I'm glad to hear that it was a bad manager and not Sam's itself. Anyone up for a Sam's night?

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 11:18 pm   Permalink

That would be nice makes my drive easier for sure

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 11:57 pm   Permalink

I'm out.

Sunday is for Reggae!

Always has....always will...

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 08:43 am   Permalink

I would rather listen to Bob Marley then any hip-hop crap!

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-28 10:15 am   Permalink

I'm going tomorrow night for dinner with a couple friends. Anyone going to be around?

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 12:54 pm   Permalink

I'll try to make it. We'll have to see if the wife is able to get out of work to go. What time are you going?

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitatt 2007-11-28 15:15 ]

GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 8:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 23:16, bigtikidude wrote:
I say we make a Sun. afternoon (4 or 5 ish, maybe 6 ish) thing the new TC day/night event.
as Tues night was bad for me.
what do ya'll think?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 14:15, Tikitatt wrote:
I'm glad to hear that it was a bad manager and not Sam's itself. Anyone up for a Sam's night?

I'm up for a Sam's night, Reggae over Rap anytime!

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-30 2:26 pm   Permalink

Multiple musings:

Three cheers and a Mai Tai for you Tony!

You really are a king among princes for your good natured support of our beloved genre above your own self interest.
I do agree with Lucas that your deserve to be paid, and that letting us denizens of Tikidom know the story is absolutely appropriate.
That you persisted in good faith is wonderful, rare, and kind of amazing, and I am delighted that Sam's eventually made good on their promise.
I like the place and want to support it, but my conscience was irritated by your experience.
Better now, thanks to all you have done and how you went about it!

And for you Lucas,

Again, please accept my repeated apologies for the claw-sharpening exercise I executed at your expense some months ago in this thread.
My bad, all the way.

So, onto new business:
It sounds like Jeff's suggestion for a Sam's Sunday is bumping up against traditional devotions to Jah.
Any other suggestions?

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-30 2:41 pm   Permalink

I would think that on sun at 5 or 6 pm, most people would be done and home from church by then.

But what do I know,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-30 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 14:08, martini kings wrote:
for those of you that expressed interest in the little sam's episode regarding payment for the martini kings i want to let everyone know that the girl who booked us and has since been fired.
after explaining everything to the new manager and showing the history of emails from the ole gal there, the new manager made good on our verbal contract and paid us. hense,the martini kings walk away with a sweet(mai tai) flavor in our mouth when thinking about sams.thank you sam's!
tony

Hey Tony and all... For what it's worth...The whole money situation came about because of a financial crisis that happened to the owner (who also owns a popular sushi joint down the hwy.) The former manager (the girl who booked you) was not given the money to pay you from the owner. The money problems at Sam's forced the owner to take on a new money-contributing partner and the deal was that the new partner take over as manager and they released the former manager with a severance package AND a letter of recommendation. That is hardly terms that should be construed as being "fired". I'm glad you guys got paid! You are worth every dollar AND MORE!!!! Looking forward to seeing the Martini Kings again soon! I still say get to Sam's while you can! And $20 for a mug WITH a drink in it is reason enough to stop by!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 1:16 pm   Permalink

Soccertiki,

Does this mean that Tiki Tuesday may come back with the new management?

Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 6:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-30 15:03, SoccerTiki wrote:

...The former manager (the girl who booked you) was not given the money to pay you from the owner.

Thank you for the enlightenment, SoccerTiki!

Demi brought real professionalism to her job, and the weird vibe that followed some of those obviously awkward telephone calls we witnessed just didn't match the person.

It all makes a lot more sense now.

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-10 5:14 pm   Permalink

I just received an email from Sam's regarding their hours. Here is the email I received today. If this is the case then Tiki Tuesday is on....

They're a little all over the place.
Dining Room Hours
Mon-Thurs: 5-10
Fri-Sat: 4-10
Sun: 4-9

Tiki Lounge Hours(Bar)
Mon-Thurs: 4-11
Fri-Sat: 3-2
Sun: 3-10

Hope that is less confusing!

~Sam's

Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 01:37 am   Permalink

So Tues. are on? same 1/2 price deals? anyone know for sure?, that was a sweet deal...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation