FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Best Fake ID where ?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Best Fake ID where ?
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 7:20 pm   Permalink

My wife , daughter and I will be going to the Big Island next March . Mika is 19 now and will be 20 in February . The drinking age is 21 in Hawaii , so I'd like to purchase a fake ID for her that shows she is 21 . I can assure you that she won't be driving a vehicle or getting plastered , but I know she'd like to sip on a Mai Tai or whatever when we go out for dinner . In Japan she has already had drinks in bars and restaurants as they are much less strict here . and she looks 20 , which is the legal drinking age . Anybofy got any recommendations ? I've heard that most of the US sites selling fake IDs are a scam or ripoff .

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 7:25 pm   Permalink

You can get a mai tai for yourself and she can share it with you and with your wife as well...I don't think anyone would mind at all.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 7:29 pm   Permalink

I think the ABC would mind if they catch you. By letting a minor drink your alchoholic beverage in a public restaurant or bar, you're putting the establishment that serves you at risk of a citation, as well as yourself and your daughter. I'd rather not see you risking the future of fine tiki establishments by breaking the law in them.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 7:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-07 19:29, JenTiki wrote:
I think the ABC would mind if they catch you. By letting a minor drink your alchoholic beverage in a public restaurant or bar, you're putting the establishment that serves you at risk of a citation, as well as yourself and your daughter. I'd rather not see you risking the future of fine tiki establishments by breaking the law in them.

Actually in a lot of states it's perfectly acceptable by law for a parent to order a drink and allow a minor to consume it under their supervision. Not sure if this is the case in Hawaii, but it's certainly worth having a look. It could save a lot of time and trouble if you just order the beverages yourself.

TT

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 7:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the replies .

I don't wish to get anyone in trouble , obviously , which is why I thought I'd get her a fake ID . The establishment certainly could not be penalized if they proofed someone and was shown an ID that was not obviously fake ...could they ?

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 8:04 pm   Permalink

On 2007-08-07 19:53, sushiman wrote:
Thanks for the replies .

I don't wish to get anyone in trouble , obviously , which is why I thought I'd get her a fake ID . The establishment certainly could not be penalized if they proofed someone and was shown an ID that was not obviously fake ...could they ?

It's cool that you are trying to teach your daughter to drink responsibly. I don't think a fake ID though is a very good idea. Your best bet might be to ask our Hawaiian Ohana if it is indeed legal to allow your daughter to sip from your drink.

Culturally speaking it's perfectly acceptable for any Jewish child old enough to hold a wine glass to have a taste at a Friday Night Service. No one ever carded me!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 8:07 pm   Permalink

I think you'll find that we're all well over the legal drinking age here on Tiki Central. I haven't had to use my fake I.D. for what, like.... a year now?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 8:39 pm   Permalink

Well, assuming that I'm reading this correctly, then it appears that you may, in fact, provide an alcoholic beverage to your minor daughter in Hawaii, even in a public place. But she will not be allowed to purchase her own. I stand corrected.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-07 20:39, JenTiki wrote:
Well, assuming that I'm reading this correctly, then it appears that you may, in fact, provide an alcoholic beverage to your minor daughter in Hawaii, even in a public place. But she will not be allowed to purchase her own. I stand corrected.

Thanks for that ! I knew somebody on TC would come through !

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 9:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-07 20:04, Tikisgrl wrote:

Culturally speaking it's perfectly acceptable for any Jewish child old enough to hold a wine glass to have a taste at a Friday Night Service. No one ever carded me!

Tikisgrl

In looking at that documentation JenTiki provided, not even religious events constitute as an exception.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 9:45 pm   Permalink

Yea ...Looks like I'm back to the fake ID .

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 9:55 pm   Permalink

I think if you read the right parts of the documentation, you'll see that the checkmarks indicate allowable exceptions to the law that prohibits providing alcohol to a minor. Therefore, religious observance and having alcohol provided by a parent are exceptions to the "no alcohol for minors" law. So it should be okay.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 10:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Sushiman!
What a dumb fuck way to red flag yourself.
Wake Up!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 10:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-07 22:39, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hey Sushiman!
What a dumb fuck way to red flag yourself.
Wake Up!

What on earth are you on about ?

sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 11:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-07 21:55, JenTiki wrote:
I think if you read the right parts of the documentation, you'll see that the checkmarks indicate allowable exceptions to the law that prohibits providing alcohol to a minor. Therefore, religious observance and having alcohol provided by a parent are exceptions to the "no alcohol for minors" law. So it should be okay.

Legal mumbo jumbo always confuses me , but I read it as furnishing is prohibited in all states , but there are some exceptions in some states and these are indicated by a PLUS + sign . So , Hawaii is no bueno methinks .

>>>>For Location and Family variables, a indicates the conduct is permitted only if both a Family exception and a Location exception are satisfied, e.g., a parent is present AND the conduct occurs on private property. A indicates the exception is not conditional on another exception being satisfied, e.g., a parent is present regardless of whether the conduct occurs on private property.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation