FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hula Hula Seattle, WA - Mug Release Party Is a Go!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hula Hula Seattle, WA - Mug Release Party Is a Go!
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 5:18 pm   Permalink

I'm happy to report that Bora Boris is currently on the road on the way to Alameda for the Hinky Drinks party and the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale, so you northerners will just have to get by without him this weekend.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2007-09-21 5:32 pm   Permalink

jen, whatever became of our sinister plan to clone BoraBoris? there's just not enough of him to go around.

send him northwards when you guys are done with him.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-19 10:58, dogbytes wrote:
looks like our own Tiki Joe's Pop is DJ-ing at the Mug Release!

for those of you looking for more things to do:
JIM FLORA exhibit at Fantagraphic from 6-8 pm. with the Moonspinners.

and we're going to brunch at Ivar's Salmon House on Sunday 23 at noon.

I'm very much looking forward to this mug release and all the excitement that goes along with such a big night. I'll be providing "custom made for the occasion" selections from favorite and rare Hawaiian, Hapa Haole, & Exotica/Lounge tunes. At the half way point in the night, many of "the Farmer's" own favorite Hapa Haole's will be featured. We can't wait to see everyone - DJ TJP (haha!)

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 11:12 pm   Permalink

Okay, this is sounding like a true event!! We'll be at Trader Vics before Hula Hula as well. See yah later!!

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 2:07 pm   Permalink

Hey, all! I really want to get to know all you local Seattle tikiphiles! I've kinda been lurking on the site for a while, and I just wanted to introduce myself...I'll be @ trader vic's today@ 4:00, husband in tow! I'll be the woman in the hawaiian shirt(heh!) we also will be @ the hula hula tonight.c-u dere!
Palapala(aka Barb).

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 1:04 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a great event! Thanks to Holden for coming up for the release of another great
Tiki Farm mug. Thanks to Dogbytes for the delicious triple chocolate tiki cake in celebtration
of Alan's 28th birthday. Many mahalo's to TabooDan and Pepe le Tiki, who at great peril
reunited me with two of my best friends! The only low point was one Canadian was arrested
and I found out Monkeyskull sold on Ebay the birhtday gift I gave him this year.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jodavid

Posted: 2007-09-23 2:25 pm   Permalink

That was fun last night !
Here are some photos Marlow took...
And there are more posted on my Flicker set, so you can view as a slideshow or see larger versions of any pic by clicking "ALL SIZES".
They are at this link...
http://tinyurl.com/3xehfd

jodavid@jodavid.com

Check out these fun pix !!!

View Profile of jodavid Send a personal message to jodavid  Email jodavid Goto the website of jodavid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2007-09-23 9:25 pm   Permalink

what a great evening ~ well, the whole day was great! met palapala and lopaka and a metric tonne of Canadians at Trader Vics for Happy Hour beforehand..then we went to a birthday party for Tiki-Bot (hey, what ever happened to that guy, and Mrs Pineapple?)..
here's Tiki-Bot's cake:

it was Atomic Al's birthday ~ so we added on to the celebration with a triple chocolate cake.

Tiki Joe's Pop ~ Thanks for the great tunes... Holden, nice seeing ya! Woof/Sparky/Allison.. stay longer!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 9:52 pm   Permalink

Wow! Loapaka and I had such a great time meeting you all, both @ trader vic's, and at the hula hula! Mega mahaloz to you all....... Now, who want's to come on by " The Zombie hut Tiki Lounge", (in our basement) next Saturday for a peg leg punch or two? We're in Kenmore, BTW.. not far from bothel way, alias the 522.Waddayasay?

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 11:54 pm   Permalink

Deb & I want to add our fondness for last night - and what a night! Patrick thanks for your support & humor, Holden thanks for this cool event and Dogbytes thanks for the triple layer delicacy! Much Love - TOO much Love - DJ TJP

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 1:16 pm   Permalink

A big Mahalo to everyone for such a fun, crazy evening and for helping celebrate Alan's Bday...and to Hula Hula and Holden for hosting us! Dogbytes...the cake was amazing and Alan sends a very big hug (he just came out of his sugar coma this morning). It was great to see Holden - und zu Deutsch zusammen sprechen!! Du sprecht wirklich gut! Tiki Joe's Pop - thanks for playing the great tunes too!
I'm so glad we could make it down with our fellow crazy Canucks too!!

Jetcity- We love you (and your stores)!

PS...Palapala - Sorry we missed seeing your place.. next time for sure!!

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-09-24 13:17 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jonelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-25 12:01 am   Permalink

Howdy everyone~

I just had to say that I had a swelligant time at the Hula Hula Tiki Mug Release party. Great looking mugs, fabulous cocktails and beautiful people, just how I like it! It was quite the fancy-pants event!! Miss Dogbytes, thanks for the fab cake. It was quite delicious!! And thanks Jo David/Marlow for posting those pictures of us all. What a fun time!!

)

-jonelle-

View Profile of jonelle Send a personal message to jonelle  Goto the website of jonelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 06:25 am   Permalink

Yay, it's Jonelle! You and Pea look fab in those photos. What a pair of fantabulous gals! I miss you both heaps!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jonelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-25 09:19 am   Permalink

Miss Suzanne!

I miss you too. I wish you could come visit. Or maybe Pea and I will haveta road-trip down to Texas and visit your fine self one day! (Whaddya say, Sweetpea?)

In the meantime, at least we'll always have Vegas (and the memories of that fateful day in the car when Pea was driving us all to Ronnie's and you suddenly brandished that sausage!) What was that song again? Viva Las Sausage?!

Ah, good times, good times....

;o)

-jonelle-

View Profile of jonelle Send a personal message to jonelle  Goto the website of jonelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 3:09 pm   Permalink

I'm almost recovered from my wild weekend, strong drinks at the hula hula, meeting some TC ohana, scoring some new mugs

sunday did the oyster run, 20,000+ motorcycles with a hangover=headache that would kill a mule

then monday took Makedamug sightseeing and whalewatching.

img]http://tikiroom.com/img/4819x46f984d6.jpg[/img]

Thanks again Holden for a great weekend!

Damn now I have more posts than mugs...

[ This Message was edited by: Stiki Tiki 2007-09-25 15:11 ]

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation