FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2!!! September 23rd - VENDORS pg 2!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2!!! September 23rd - VENDORS pg 2!
Billbot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-23 8:56 pm   Permalink

Great event! I wish I had more money to spend. Why does it only have to be once a year???

-BILLBOT
http://www.astrostation.com

View Profile of Billbot Send a personal message to Billbot  Email Billbot Goto the website of Billbot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-23 11:54 pm   Permalink

Another successful Forbidden Island backyard sale/reunion. Every time we go it seems we have more friends there to visit with. We also came home with an armload of tiki treasures. Our only wish is to see FI move to Elk Grove so we can avoid 5 hours in our car, other than that it was perfect. Thank you to everyone who worked to put this together, we are ready for the next one, Wendy and Dan
Before the Bar Opened

After the Bar Opened my husband Dan

Dr. Tiki Mojo our buddy

Otto setting up his booth

Just a small part of the huge sale

Got too busy shopping to take more photos, come on gang add some more!

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2007-09-24 06:47 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 11:58 pm   Permalink

Get your FI souvenirs! The perfect gift. Shirts and mugs, official Forbidden Island logo items. No waiting.

Things are pretty quiet out here. Did I say no waiting?

Should of picked 3-4pm_tiki as my TC name way back when. Who knew?

midnite

ps One more great event, better than last year. I was very happy to see so many old tiki pals out and about. Kudos to all the FI ownership/staff.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 07:58 am   Permalink

That was better than last year. Grog, yes, I sold 3 carvings, a ships wheel and a handful of mugs. Thanks UB for helping. Thanks Martin, Conga Mike and Mano. A well organized event.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 09:34 am   Permalink

I'm just dtoked TofuJoe & I were able to score Chongolio's Corner (you know, the far back left corner?).

I'm sure we sold much more because of the residual magic from last year....

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-09-24 09:34 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 3:08 pm   Permalink

MAHALOS to everyone who stopped by our booth!!!

A special Mahalo to our friend Lila who helped me out all day while Mrs. Mojo was off at the Desert Dance Belly Dance event!

MAHALO PLENTY TO MIKE, MANO, MARTIN AND THE ENTIRE FORBIDDEN ISLAND CREW....oh, and the guys on the Taco Truck for providing some awesome grub!!!

Let's see some more photo posts...I couldn't do any since I'm STILL working on replacing all the stolen equipment!

Hope to see a lot of you of in wine country for SPOOKYLAU at COPIA -Friday, October 26 with the fabulous MAI KAI GENTS!!!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-09-24 8:33 pm   Permalink

Whew!

That was fun! Thank you all so much for coming out and enjoying the sale with us. Big mahalos to our vendors who really brought the goods. I hope everyone had a good time. I thought it went really well!

Here's some pix of the day!

tikiwinebear blows the conch to welcome in the shoppers

Return of the King!

Look for a video on YouTube soon!

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 10:11 am   Permalink

more happy pics

Happy Diablo and Mrs.

Happy Notch

My booth

Scale model I made of Contemporary Polynesian Style Restaurant/Longhouse

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-09-25 10:12 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-25 12:26 pm   Permalink

Many good drinks + good people + tiki mugs = head full of rocks and an empty wallet. And it was all worth it! Can't wait til the next one(I will have hopefully sobered up by then).

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 12:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Bwahahaha. I spy with my little eye....

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 1:15 pm   Permalink

What is the name of the hat that Otto is wearing? They seem like the in hat at the moment. Where is a good place to buy. And yes, I have a big head.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-25 13:15, teaKEY wrote:
What is the name of the hat that Otto is wearing? They seem like the in hat at the moment. Where is a good place to buy. And yes, I have a big head.

That is not a hat. That is a mug lid!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 4:10 pm   Permalink

Looks like some really great merch was up for sale. Sorry I had to miss it this year (out of town). Next year for sure!!!

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-26 10:38 am   Permalink

What a fun time!! Thanks to Martin for organizing this, and letting me welcome the shoppers in by blowing my conch horn. Thanks to everyone attending and thanks to all the vendors for having a great variety of stuff for sale. And a HUGE THANKS to everyone who got a TWB Fishnet Float pendant necklace. (God, I sound like Sally Field...)

I didn't get chance to walk around and chat with everyone as much as I would have liked. Heck, I didn't even make it inside Forbidden Island after it opened. Thank the Tiki Gods that the KuBar was close and dispensing those wonderful Mai Tai's. And the Fish Tacos from the Taco Truck were killers (especially around 3am).

Aloha
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-27 8:11 pm   Permalink

It was SO GOOD to be home! Thank you to everyone who helped me out, put me up, bought me drinks and made me smile. Here are a few photos I took:

Hinky Drinks:

Gorgeous Rum Selection at Hinky Drinks:

Garden Detail:

That Chiminea I really wanted but had nowhere to put (really kicks out heat, too!):

Paradise in Oakland:

Our Lovely Hostess:

Tofu Joe tries to hide behind the 43 (How's this for an artistic shot?):

My superior Bocce partner mugs with his cocktail:

TikiWineBear looking dapper:

It's the Nui Nuts (and we lost. But we look pretty decent!):

Fun with the Oasis Fez:

Good Form:

Me with Mai Tai:

Rum makes for artistic shots:

The Blue Mug Club:

If you are a skull mug afraid of losing your lid, put a piece of baguette on top of your head. This magic charm works wonders.

Mai Tai's Pendant:

I love this one. Mai Tai is KICKIN' A%$ at Bocce!

Behind the Bar at Hinky Drinks:

My Booth at the sale:

With Apple Venus (I'm enthusiastically pointing at my Zazz button):

Retro Diva:

Artistic Shot of the new green FI Mug:

JenTiki Looking lovely at the FI Booth:

TikiWineBear with his fantastic fish float pendants:

Suzanne and Jungle Trader:

My favorite photograph of all time:

All you need in life is Roller Derby, Frankie, and Tiki:

Cool Gal sporting a new mug and new hair flower:

COOOOOKIE:

Suzanne, JenTiki and Jungle Trader:

Gary, Suzanne and Mai Tai:

That would seem to be a lot of photos, but, dear reader, the very best was saved for last! On my way to the Oakland airport rental car return, what do I spy on the side of the road, but..... it can't be. A WATERMELON?

Upon closer examination, it was, indeed, by the side of the lagoon, a *huge* slice of WATERMELON!

I had no choice but to have my photo taken with this! I only wished that I had managed to take that class at Okonkuluku U on sacrificial watermelon rites! Oh, how the Gods of Okonkuluku would have been pleased!

---Suzanne

(Edited to fix one teensy spelling error. Twice.)

[ This Message was edited by: suzanne 2007-09-27 20:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suzanne 2007-09-27 20:27 ]

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation