FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Beyond Tiki Ľ Ľ Vintage Barware - Post your pics here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
Vintage Barware - Post your pics here!
coldwarspacemonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-04-04 12:18 pm   Permalink

More recent (and flimsy) ice crusher. Had to replace the screw/nut/washers in the handle, but still a good buy from the Goodwill store.

View Profile of coldwarspacemonkey Send a personal message to coldwarspacemonkey  Email coldwarspacemonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-09 05:27 am   Permalink

Nice. Reminds me that I hadn't shared my Swing-A-Way crusher before now. It gets fairly regular use.

More barware finds:

Unopened pack of Marjess stirrers.

Everlast forged aluminium tumblers - these get frosty, fast!

More whistles!

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-09 07:06 am   Permalink

I like the whistle stirs.

We went to a VFW at Christmas time in a small town it was a dance of sorts with a big band type thing going on.
Well they had candles at all the tables that were not lit.
If you wanted a drink or other service from the wait staff you lit the candle at your table, they would come right away and get your order and then blow out the candle.

How smart is that!
Why did we get away from that kind of smart thinking.

Most likely it was lazy wait people that got the owners to do away with this idea.
Just think how much more you would spend at a restaurant if this were in place where you go.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coldwarspacemonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 26 days ago; 2:50 pm   Permalink

Cool old cocktail shaker.

View Profile of coldwarspacemonkey Send a personal message to coldwarspacemonkey  Email coldwarspacemonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 26 days ago; 11:12 pm   Permalink

SpaceMonkey, Nice find , I luv cocktail shakers - got more than a dozen. Donít use the glass ones though, afraid I might break em while making round three.
Nice that yours has the cap. Iíve passed on some nice ones cause the cap was missing or frozen.
Cheers and keep posting.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coldwarspacemonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 25 days ago; 10:06 am   Permalink

nui 'umi 'umi - Thanks! The lid has a small ding or two and the screw cap is frozen, but at 3 bucks I couldn't pass it up.

Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 10:00 am   Permalink

Especially at $3 that's an excellent find.

That big Hazel Atlas shaker I posted earlier had the lid cocked and firmly stuck on when I got it. I ended up having to (very delicately!) resort to using a flat screwdriver and hammer to pop it off. You might have some luck getting the cap off by gently heating it and getting it to expand. Sometimes it's just enough to crack the corrosion and loosen it up.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coldwarspacemonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 24 days ago; 2:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bam Bam. I just tried it with success! I filled the lid with ice and then dipped the cap into a cup of boiling water. After a few seconds of popping and cracking I was able to unscrew the cap easily.
The lid was also cocked and stuck on the shaker just as you described. Fortunately it wasn't as obstinate as yours and I was able to get it off with just my thumbs.

[ This Message was edited by: coldwarspacemonkey 2018-05-03 14:47 ]

Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 7:43 pm   Permalink

Came across this neat barspoon / church key combo this afternoon. Turns out it's from the old Flamingo Hotel formerly of Miami Beach.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 11:06 pm   Permalink

BamBam, that is killer.
Mahalo for sharing

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation