FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island Presents: Pusser's Grog Night! Custom Mugs! Rare Rum! September 6th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Presents: Pusser's Grog Night! Custom Mugs! Rare Rum! September 6th
Sgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-06 8:53 pm   Permalink

Just got home. We arrived a little after 6pm. I had 2 China Clippers while Bri had an island maitai (hard to resist those happy hour prices) and then a few min before 7 Martin rang the gong to kick start the Pusser Rum concoctions. I had a 3 oz, hubby had a 4 oz and we shared a 15 yr old (yum!) I've never sipped rum before. You can bet I'll be trying some other aged stuff. Martin gave me some recos for future visits. The tins were sold out before 8pm and there was one 15 yr old shot left. I hope whoever got it enjoyed it as much as we did! I guess it's off to the West Indies to get some of my own.

[ This Message was edited by: Sgirl 2007-09-06 20:55 ]

View Profile of Sgirl Send a personal message to Sgirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 12:48 am   Permalink

Buster's S.O. got the last slug of the 15 year-old (Pussers).

Don't forget the cool baseball caps (free with the purchase of the first 40)! Those were gone in under 20 minutes.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-07 06:35 am   Permalink

I am sooooo jealous! Love that Pussers.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iniquitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-07 11:56 am   Permalink

I want to thank Martin and the folks, at Forbidden Island, for the fun time last night and the fun headache this morning.

And a special "Thank You!" to Jessica. After The Zombie, The Combover, The Dead Sailor, The 15yr. shot and The Chamborlada
my thirst was quite quenched.

Iniquitiki

View Profile of Iniquitiki Send a personal message to Iniquitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 12:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-07 11:56, Iniquitiki wrote:
I want to thank Martin and the folks, at Forbidden Island, for the fun time last night and the fun headache this morning.

And a special "Thank You!" to Jessica. After The Zombie, The Combover, The Dead Sailor, The 15yr. shot and The Chamborlada
my thirst was quite quenched.

Iniquitiki

Whoa, Dude! No wonder you have a headache this morning! That's quite the comination of beverages ... the FI Zombie alone usually does me in for the night!

Sounds like I missed a great time!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-07 12:10 pm   Permalink

Yes, thanks to Martin and everyone for a great evening!

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iniquitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-07 12:55 pm   Permalink

Well, JenTiki...As the aching fog (might be a good name for a drink) clears, I am reminded that a Navy Grog
should have been included on the list of "E" Ticket Rides I took, last night.

Iniquitiki

hic!

View Profile of Iniquitiki Send a personal message to Iniquitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-09-07 1:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for coming out! That was a good time.

Here's a few pix:

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 3:23 pm   Permalink

That there is some good product placement!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 3:40 pm   Permalink

Look at all the happy tinmuggers at Forbidden Island! I wish I could have been there kids! Miss all of you!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Den
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-07 7:22 pm   Permalink

Ahh I missed the fun!
can you pls schedule these awesome events not during grape harvest?

-Tiki D

View Profile of Tiki Den Send a personal message to Tiki Den      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 02:44 am   Permalink

Whoever came up with the name "Painkiller" obviously didn't come up with the name the next day. Ohhhhh, my head! Stop talking so loud!

Hey, a 4X Painkiller might be one of the best drinks on the new Forbidden Island menu. Much mahaloz to Martin and crew (especially Thayer!) for the really cool Painkiller Club tins, the hats, the 15 year old Pusser's rum, and the soon-to-be-pain-inducing Painkillers. Thank goodness I heeded Martin's advice, and did not try an 8X Painkiller.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 03:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

I miss you, Dean. You're one of the only people up there I miss. LONG LIVE DEAN!!!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 2:23 pm   Permalink

I had a wonderful time. Loved the tins. Sorry that not everyone lives closer to enjoy these events. Suzanne, great talking with you yesterday. FI Parking Lot sale, yeah!!!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-08 4:16 pm   Permalink

Dayum...those tin mugs are kewl looking. Thanks for the pictures.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation