FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving my first palm tiki - finally dried
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
my first palm tiki - finally dried
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-18 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-18 06:11, Benzart wrote:
BigT, your turtle came out great and I'm sure your wife will Love it, if not send it over this way??

Thank you Ben. She did love it. And I restrung the necklace after I gave to her. I'll have to get a pic of the in final necklace.

In the meantime, I restarted tiki #8 in October. He's coming along pretty good now. He got off to a slow start. There is a knot on each side of the head and one in the back that have caused me a fair amount of headaches. And I did a poor job of centering and leveling him before I started. Ugh. Lesson learned.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 7:37 pm   Permalink

Finally finished my last tiki of 2009 on New Years eve. I wanted to start the new year with a clean work bench!

All ready to stain.

1st coat of stain.

All done.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season! Now it looks like I'm going to be stuck inside for a while since you guys up north sent us this arctic blast for New Years.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 7:41 pm   Permalink

BIG T!!!! SWEET LAST TIKI FOR THE YEAR!!!! really cool design and luvin the finish!!! and im w u they can take there artic blast and stick it..... cheerz!!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 03:08 am   Permalink

Very Nice.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 05:36 am   Permalink

Nice way to finish the year. I like the way you did the base...different.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 05:38 am   Permalink

Also great pics for us newer guys trying to learn more.

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2010-01-07 05:40 ]

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 08:18 am   Permalink

big tiki scott, amate, drastic wagon, thanks for the kind words.

bt scott - yeah I dont think I'll be starting anything new until this cold snap passes by. My garage is pretty freakin cold out there...

Drastic - yw, I've been helped immensely by all the pics, tips, and kind words from the super talented bunch here.

amate - you coming by for some pine soon? I counted two dozen logs stacked up!

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 09:43 am   Permalink

Excellent! I had to take a second look to see how you attached the bottom - oh wait you didn't. Nice touch!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 10:29 am   Permalink

nice going t,

he looks really great. still using that beautiful eat texas pine? love the way the wood streaks and cracks as it weathers and ages in our wonderful weather down here. keep up the great work.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 11:15 am   Permalink

Nice stuff Big T....great idea with the carved base. Keep posting
and entertaining us.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 6:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha - hey man! thanks! Yep, the base is one piece. It almost didn't have one. The base started to split along one of the growth rings. I had to put in a couple of plugs and some glue to minimize the damage.

bd - good to see u around. yep, still carvin the pine. had to have 4 trees cut down this summer due to drought and hurricane damage, so I'm well stocked.

conga - thanks! glad u like it. not quite as innovative as your pieces but i'm tryin!

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-10 05:34 am   Permalink

BT - yes, I still intend on coming by to check out your wood pile. I'm sill uncertain on the dates I will be in your area. I have to get all the parties involved to agree on something but I'll let you know asap when the dates firm up.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-15 07:15 am   Permalink

Nice work BigT! The finish really makes the patterns in the wood stand out!

View Profile of el Stingray Send a personal message to el Stingray  Goto the website of el Stingray     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 5:11 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to see it in person next weekend!

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-18 06:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-06 19:37, TheBigT wrote:

Wow! But I had not seen that one ... Great successfull in the Texas sun!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation