FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving some new stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
some new stuff
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 5:27 pm   Permalink

hodadhank, benz, howland, seeksurf: Thanks for all the comps!

Benz: That pecan wasn't hard to carve. I think it was already staring to dry rot, so was softened up. Now this new one, is definitely hard.

Here's the latest I'm working on. It's sweetgum. Super hard wood.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 7:10 pm   Permalink

Today's updates:

Going kinda sloooow. But at least the back is roughed out now.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 8:22 pm   Permalink

BigT, Your tiki's are looking great! Put a little more depth in those cuts and you'll be way a head of the game. If that is only #5 you have some natural talent. Happy carving.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 06:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-26 20:22, Tikilizard wrote:
BigT, Your tiki's are looking great! Put a little more depth in those cuts and you'll be way a head of the game. If that is only #5 you have some natural talent. Happy carving.

Tikilizard: Thanks a bunch! Will do! I think I'll rought it all out and then go back and try to make it a bit deeper.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 06:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-26 20:22, Tikilizard wrote:

Tikilizard: Thanks a bunch! Will do! I think I'll rought it all out and then go back and try to make it a bit deeper.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 10:20 pm   Permalink

What up bigT, looking good bring that sucker out!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-01 2:32 pm   Permalink

Seek: Thanks for checking in. I've been trying!

The progress seems to be going slow. Took some pics during the last few weeks but didn't look like much changed so didn't bother uploading.

Here's the latest from last weekend.

Also spent the week before Thanksgiving in Puerto Rico. Almost didn't come back!

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 08:50 am   Permalink

Nice Nice Nice Slow going is ok.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 05:45 am   Permalink

Cool looking designs, Love the detail you are putting in this one, Both sides are very neat. Just because it's hard, don't be shy about getting down Deep with the features, As Always Deeper is Better!
Lookin Good!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 11:27 am   Permalink

Seek: Thanks! Slow is ok I guess, but the progress seems to be crawling.... Wish I was faster at this like you guys!

Benz: Thanks for the encouragement. Yep, trying to cut deeper and deeper as I go. Man, it's tough! I still plan to cut deeper because I release the nose and lips need to stick out more. I guess I'm still learning just how far down to cut during the roughing out stage.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 12:34 pm   Permalink

Welp I guess it's time for my monthly update....

Here's the latest progress shots (well close, it's a little further along). I had hoped to finish in 2008. Now I hope to be finished in 2009!

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 2:02 pm   Permalink

wow t,
looks like you fished an old weather-beaten pier post out of clear lake. the weathering is gorgeous and i can't wait to see how it turns out. keep chipping and posting. love all the little details.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 4:59 pm   Permalink

Looking good! I like the different styles in him.
The ears are cool and that wood look old and rustic.

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-28 12:33 am   Permalink

Nice update.
I can see you feel comfortable with your tools, because the lines seem neat and grooving well.

Can't wait for the next update.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-28 10:26 am   Permalink

bd: thanks. I almost wonder whether I should have skipped this log. I'm kind of afraid it's going to split right in half. We'll see.

benella: Thanks for the kind words! I may be comfortable with my tools but my back is killing me. Haha!

seeks: You know it's funny you should pick up on the ears. I totally didn't intend them to be ears at first. That's why they're so far in back. Only after I had cut way into the log did I realize - duh, these should be ears! Thanks for the compliment!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation