FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving my first palm tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
my first palm tiki
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 7:00 pm   Permalink

Excellent Stuff T, I Really am Digging the Crisp detail you are getting on your tikis, Very Precise. The stain came out very nice on that last one though you should Never hurry through the staining precess since you could jeopardize Many long hours of work in just a few minnits. The Stain DESERVES to have time taken with it Also. I see many carvers Hurrying through the stain and finish when those are the phases which require a decent amount of time to make a piece look Spectacular. The difference in time spent on the finish determines if your final piece will be "OK","Good","Great","Fantastic", and "Wow thats INCREDIBLE" in peeps reviews, Always keep this on your mind.
Keep Practicing you are Definitely getting better.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 12:33 am   Permalink

Nice begin, happy to see your work without dust and cobwebs!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 2:06 pm   Permalink

Laojia: Once again, thanks for the kind words!

Benz: Thanks for the support! Point taken on the finishing work - will try to add a dose of patience on this one. Thanks for the much welcomed advice!

[ This Message was edited by: TheBigT 2009-05-21 14:15 ]

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 07:57 am   Permalink

Hey everyone. Here's the latest on the current carving. Pretty much done with this one except finish sanding, adding teeth and cutting notches on the headdress.

Just got a new Dremel Multi Mate to use for detail sanding. So far I like it! I'll try to post a pic if I can remember.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 08:26 am   Permalink

big t!

nice! very nice! is that a big ole hunk of east texas pine courtesy of ike? can't wait to see the finished product. keep the chips flying.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

its entertaining to see the early carvings, mine included, then the 3d process clicks and WOW look what you did this time... great evolution.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 6:24 pm   Permalink

Super Awesome

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 6:31 pm   Permalink

Agree with PalmCity, Excellent Progress on this guy. I can't wait to see how he finishes out, Step it up a notch!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 08:55 am   Permalink

This guy looks really perfect.

the tongue's amazingly one of a kind design.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 09:02 am   Permalink

Outstanding! Great Job! Nice work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 12:56 pm   Permalink

Nice piece of wood with a great start!

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 1:41 pm   Permalink

Benella, Seeksurf, Drastic, TikiL, Benz, thanks all for the comps! Much appreciated and very humbling coming from such talented folks.

big daddy: yep, that's left over's from Ike. I think I'll name him Ike and carve his name at the bottom.

palmCity: I know what u mean! I *think* it's getting easier... But why does it still take me so loooong??!

benz: appreciate all the at-a-boy's! I'm trying to stay patient with this thing as I've been working on it off and on since april. whew... I still see some flaws, but i'm eager to get going on the next on already.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 1:56 pm   Permalink

Looks great Big T. Can't wait to see him all finished up and detailed.
Gonna be a killer!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 3:30 pm   Permalink

Congrat BigT! You take your time and you've made full of progress for the last one!

He's turning excelent!!!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 3:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Big T . I was in Galveston on Fathers Day Weekend and I went over to Crystal Beach to see how it was coming along , Not so great. There was an abundance of palm everywhere still . I am thinking about heading back down there in August to stock up. Tikiloco was there still on the side of the road carving away too , that was good to see....

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation