[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Sherry in the Fog Cutter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Sherry in the Fog Cutter
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-16 06:57 am   Permalink

Great, thanks Rum Balls, sounds like I made the right decision in buying the book today. And thanks to our friend in Peru - despite the many miles which separate us, you have helped add what will be a very welcome volume to my cocktail book shelf!

I know there's a thread here on TC for cocktail books, so please pardon the temporary side-tracking of this thread...

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-16 07:16 am   Permalink

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier there are two different books with the same title both are good but I like the more recent one from 2009. This book has beautiful pictures and illustrations and good recipes. Lot of history behind each drink. Most of Ted Haigh's books are very informative and worth having.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-16 08:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-16 07:16, hiltiki wrote:
...there are two different books with the same title both are good...

I saw that when I bought online -- there are standard and deluxe editions.

I bought a copy of the PDT Cocktail Book in 2012 and got the leather-bound version. Wow, the graphics in that book are also very nice! And the leather cover looks great and really makes a statement. It's an impressive tome to pull out and show people when they come over.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation