FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events October San Diego Chop Chop 13th in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
October San Diego Chop Chop 13th in O'side
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 9:39 pm   Permalink

Me too! Me too! Babalu = big truck...mucho power. How big's the pile? These tree guys are great aren't they. What time?

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2007-10-03 21:40 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 10:01 pm   Permalink

Yo Billy: I think that since these other guys want to go we should do this on the weekend sometime. No sense in these guys taking off a day of work for a pile of logs that will be there for the next few months(or so...) And, no sense in us two doing all the work when these guys are willing to help.

4WD: These are the same logs from the same guy I met on monday. Most the clean ones are gone already.

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 10:03 pm   Permalink

Damn...I scheduled a Garage Sale on the 13th -- I'm going to try and unload some of my Halloween stuff -- I need the cash these days!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-03 22:01, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Yo Billy: I think that since these other guys want to go we should do this on the weekend sometime. No sense in these guys taking off a day of work for a pile of logs that will be there for the next few months(or so...) And, no sense in us two doing all the work when these guys are willing to help.

4WD: These are the same logs from the same guy I met on monday. Most the clean ones are gone already.

Buzzy

Agreed. We can do it on Saturday, after the swap-meet. Sunday, we're going to Seaworld. I've got a couple of extra free passes if anyone wants to tag along.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-04 10:17, Billy the Crud wrote:
We can do it on Saturday, after the swap-meet.

Me and Babalu got a secret mission/project going on Saturday morning.

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 11:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-04 10:54, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-04 10:17, Billy the Crud wrote:
We can do it on Saturday, after the swap-meet.

Me and Babalu got a secret mission/project going on Saturday morning.

Buzzy

Saturday evening, man. Round 3pm or so, I think.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 12:02 pm   Permalink

I'm back! Been busy the last few days. Anyway, me Mum's birthday is the 13th, so I'm gonna have to go hang out with my folks. Sorry to miss the chop. There's always November, right?

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-06 10:01 am   Permalink

Logs today. PM me before 2:pm if you want to go and I'll tell you where to meet me. It will be Lemon Grove area and we will be driving to Rancho San Diego, about five miles down the 94.

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-06 2:05 pm   Permalink

Log trip is cancelled. I'll be going on Friday instead, to get logs for the chop.

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-06 8:29 pm   Permalink

Sorry Billy, I was not near a computer today and didn't get the message.

If anyone went to the La Mesa Octoberfest, you could not have missed this. It's a Tiki playhouse that is being raffled off. The lucky winner gets it for their own back yard and little Jr. will be the most popular kid on the street.

Hmmm....maybe that sign should read "Tiki NUT".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-07 8:49 pm   Permalink

Dave, PM me your number and we can go on a log run later this week if you have the time.

T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-07 10:15 pm   Permalink

Well, here's the poop for me! Due to the upcoming writers strike, our shooting schedule has been advanced to 6 days each week through November, which knocks me out of any chops this month. It's hard to pass up the money when the Holidays are just around the corner, and the 6th day is All OT, and I still find time to carve lil' guys, while getting paid! Have fun, post pics, eat, drink and be merry, think kindly of me, and watch "Carpoolers" Tuesday nights on ABC! (That's my show! It's new and needs help since Cavemen bombed!)

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-08 06:25 am   Permalink

Hey All,

I was out working in the shop yesterday, and this tree removal dude stopped in as he saw carving stuff happening...he was wanting to know if I would want logs. We exchange numbers etc. Sounds like this fella will be a good future connection. It also sounds like we may have to fly to his removal sites on relatively short notice, but hey, add yet another player to our list.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-08 06:51 am   Permalink

The more the merrier, but I still say we need a central drop site for just such windfalls.

TBird - telecyberchopcommute! Chop with us and send (almost) realtime photos. All the rage wit da cool kids!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-08 09:50 am   Permalink

Telecyberchopcommute, I'm all over it! As long as we're on stage I can do that.

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation