FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 8:49 pm   Permalink

Hey,
We haven't planned a date for this yet. We put it off because of the Dallas gathering in May and then June will be Hukilau. How about July or August? What's everyone think? Who's going to Hukilau? I'm not against having two things in one month. Just wondering if we shouldn't spread the joy out.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 04:14 am   Permalink

Either month works for me as long as it's not on a Friday. Any thoughts as to where this will take place?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2008-05-21 04:17 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 09:58 am   Permalink

Yeah, Saturday for sure! I've heard the rumors of a TV Mai Tai Bar being built here, but until that happens, Hula Hut might be our best bet. However, I also offer up my backyard pool and cabana bar. How does August sound?

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 5:30 pm   Permalink

August works for me. Anyone else?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mimi808
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-29 1:50 pm   Permalink

I'm a newbie to TC, but living a tiki-life in Houston. I'd drive to Austin for some fun! Count me in!!

View Profile of mimi808 Send a personal message to mimi808      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 1:39 pm   Permalink

Ok...so....how about August 16th??

Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 4:22 pm   Permalink

Right on Kenike! Executive decision! I say let's go for it on August 16th. Place and hour to be determined...
Texans, mark your calendars.

Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:00 pm   Permalink

When the final Date, time and place are determined...we may be up for a road trip. As it stands now we will be in Las Vegas the week of Aug 10th...much Tiki in Vegas, takes at least a week to absorb. Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing some recently made ones...

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hulacat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-12 10:32 am   Permalink

Austin tikiphiles-Hulacat, Dobrolic and Menehune are in for August 16th! If this ends up happening at a private location, as opposed to Hula Hut, etc. count me in for bringing some tiki-style treats. Hulacat makes some killer Spring Rolls. Me-wow!

View Profile of Hulacat Send a personal message to Hulacat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JanetMermaid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-13 05:45 am   Permalink

Shark and I are in! We can't go to Hukilau so we need some tiki social time some other way.

View Profile of JanetMermaid Send a personal message to JanetMermaid  Goto the website of JanetMermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brittanie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-19 08:38 am   Permalink

Aloha Koitiki! I am in, and Kilikopela if he's in town. So nice hangin' with you at the Wreck Bar, it would be great to see you on our own turf.

View Profile of Brittanie Send a personal message to Brittanie  Email Brittanie Goto the website of Brittanie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 11:35 am   Permalink

Poop, I'll be out of town

OK, in San Diego for Oasis, singing with Drasnin, but I can still be disappointed that I can't eat my cake and have it too!!!

The weekend before is Hot Rod Hula Hop with the FOM in Columbus, OH, so I can't beg to move it then.

But there's nothing going on in late July.......
Formikahini

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 09:18 am   Permalink

Alright Hulacat and crew! Tropical Icebergs! Can't wait to see you guys again! Brittanie, it was great meeting ya'll at Hukilau. What a fun couple! Thank you for sharing your table with all of us. Janet, I looked for you at the swap to see if you were going to Hukilau.

We will for sure have this shindig at my place. My pool area is perfect for big parties and Crash has offered to help me tiki it up even more. Kenike and I were talking about the date though. I didn't realize we had chosen the Oasis weekend. I was thinking about moving it- maybe to September. Also thinking of how damn hot it's been here this suumer and maybe September would be slightly more tolerable in my yard. Alice, we'd love for you to be able to come if possible. So here's the question: Alice, and everyone- if we still have the party on a Saturday, does moving it into the school year mess things up? Like maybe the weekend of Sept. 13th? It's all flexible, just don't want to overlap Oasis.

BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 3:30 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a blast. There is a big home game against Arkiesaw on 9/13 at 2:30. That shouldn't be a problem, except that the Horns haven't played very well against the Hogs under Mack Brown. So, certain insane people whose emotional states of mind are inextricably bound up with the weekly athletic performance of 22 college kids might be in a sour mood come party time. But nothing cures the football blues like ingesting an unhealthy number of mai tais.

View Profile of BrickHorn Send a personal message to BrickHorn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 7:07 pm   Permalink

I would love to make it, but 9/13 is my daughter's b-day. Is that date set in stone?

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation