FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 10:55 am   Permalink

Thanks for a WONDERFUL time, Koitiki! Your home is beautiful, and the Enchanted Lagoon was paradise! It was so great to meet so many local TCers.

I'd love to see some pictures because regrettably I didn't take any.

But, as promised, I have uploaded the songs and the cover design for the 1st Annual Texas Tiki Roundup, and you can get it here!

http://rapidshare.com/files/134830379/texas_tiki_roundup_2008.zip

(***NOTE: this link wasn't working earlier, but has now been fixed)

Enjoy! And Koitki, mucho mahalo to you and your husband for one of the best evenings I've enjoyed since the Hukilau!

[ This Message was edited by: heelgrinder 2008-08-04 12:12 ]

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Austin_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-03 2:17 pm   Permalink

A big thanks to Koitiki for hosting such a fun evening. It was great meeting y'all and I look forward to more get-togethers in the future.

View Profile of Austin_Tiki Send a personal message to Austin_Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 7:23 pm   Permalink

Lovely LOVELY time, Koitiki and Dane!

Mucho fun meeting the newer Texas Tikiphiles, and even better getting to see Chez Koitiki! I'm feeling especially lucky, because I got to swim in that gorgeous pool both last night and this morning.

Folks, it was even better in the hot sun.

I'm so glad so many came from Austin, and even happier that so many made the 3 and 4 hour drives from their various cities in the Lone Star State (even Heelgrinder and Scott, whose hour drive from San Antonio turned into a 4 traffic hour nightmare - Yikes!). I LOVE TEXAS TIKI FOLK! We got some real goodies! Thanks to everyone for making this such a success.

Now we gotta get this kind of turnout (especially from Dallas folks) at the next Dallas Trader Vic's gathering!!

F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hulacat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

Koitiki - Many Maholos for the wonderful party! Your home and the enchanted lagoon earn a double Me-wow. We had a great time meeting everyone we hadn't met at the Dallas TV gatherings. Loved seeing ya'll in your finest tiki-inspired threads too. Thank you also to Crash and Lars for the cool door prizes. Looking forward to the next event....perhaps in San Antonio...there are rumors.
Hulacat

View Profile of Hulacat Send a personal message to Hulacat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 08:24 am   Permalink

Monica and I want to add our thanks to Koitiki and Dane for the hard work of putting this event together, and for allowing us to spend a few hours in another world - their appropriately named Enchanted Lagoon. It's the backyard space we all dream of. Also, thanks to all those who helped with door prize donations, food, booze and drink mixing, etc. It was a wonderful, memorable party and experience, in so many different ways.
What a great turn-out! We saw several familiar faces from the Dallas TV's meet-ups, met several new folks, and are looking forward to the next Texas event, whatever and wherever it might be.
I know Kenike will have some good pictures posted soon, but here's a few 'cheap camera' pictures, to tide us over.

Door Prize Table - paintings by Crash, Lars, and items donated by Formikahini:

The beautiful salt water hot tub and pool (no chlorine odor, but beware of sharks!) were soon filled with partiers:

Koitiki and Kenike - the Austin/Dallas Tiki Axis:

Lars (SwampCreature) and Monica:

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-07-30 09:42 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:33 am   Permalink

Great pics! That last one must have been right before I did the face-plant into the table. Many thanks to Julie for such a wonderful evening, it really was a blast! It was a real pleasure to meet everyone, and I look forward to meeting up again. But I think I'll stay away from the painkillers next time.

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:44 am   Permalink

Definitely was a magical evening…

Huge Mahalos to Koitiki and family for inviting us to your beautiful home, Crash and SwampCreature for donating some of their artwork, and everyone involved in the preparation (and cleanup) for such a fantastic event.

I have to say the mood was perfect…sipping tropical drinks poolside listening to Martin Denny at sunset…It doesn’t get any better than that (at least not in TX). The drinks, food, music…all perfect. Koitiki lives far enough away from the city so that city lights didn’t lessen the view of a perfect night sky. It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen the constellations so vividly, add to that the tropical setting of Koitiki’s Enchanted Lagoon…man oh man, almost too much to ask for.

I’m still editing the pictures I took but wanted to hurry and post a few now while it’s all still fresh in our minds. These are the “safe” ones…I managed to capture a few special moments with some drunken bikinis and someone pre-faceplant-into-the-table as mentioned in the previous post.

Pronounced keh-NEE-kay

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2008-08-04 12:41 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 12:13 pm   Permalink

The link in my post above is now working, for anyone who had trouble downloading the original CD. sorry 'bout that!

[url=http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=124][/ur

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-04 10:33, SwampCreature wrote:
That last one must have been right before I did the face-plant into the table... I think I'll stay away from the painkillers next time.

OK, but they were working, because you were definitely feeling no pain. Now, Sunday morning, you may have discovered a few boo-boos.
Since you brought it up, I'll admit that I've enjoyed Monica's detailed recounting of the incident. Such as,
"Somehow, his hand got stuck in my shoe (a strapped sandle) and I couldn't get it out. I was afraid he was going to hurt his fingers. I finally had to take my shoe off to get his hand untangled."
It goes on,... the stuff of tiki party legend.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-04 3:37 pm   Permalink

Oh man, that is funny as hell!! Yet another thing I don't remember from that night.

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-05 08:04 am   Permalink

Wow! It looks like y'all had a great time. Koitiki, congrats on your beautiful place too. All those Texas Roses too, gotta love 'em.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 8:32 pm   Permalink

I really wish we could have gone.
We'll try to shoot for next year!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 10:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks folks for all the kind words about the Enchanted Lagoon. We have put some work into it and it feels good to know you enjoy it as much as we do. I had a great time Saturday and was overwhelmed by the fact that so many made the trip here and by the generosity of the ohana. I got fantastic help from Crash, Formikahini, MartiniTiki, and Maholio. Crash was incredibly generous to donate three paintings for door prizes. Lars donated one too and loaned me a few tikis he had carved for added ambience. Formika brought a ton of fun things too. Heelgrinder- that CD was too cool, and I love the cover art. House of Koitiki. Yeah! Thanks to everyone who brought food and drinks to share. Highlights include Austin Tiki's Nui Nuis and Hulacat's Spring Rolls. I also must say I will be filled with shame to ever give anyone a set of scented soaps again after the lovely hostess gifts we received. We're going to have to have another party to drink all the booze we got! Anyway, I had a blast and my only regret is that I didn't get to talk more to each tikiphile.
Here's a few more pics:

The food stylings of Formikahini

And as the sun sets over the Enchanted Lagoon... Aloha til next time!

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blixathecat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-13 8:08 pm   Permalink

Wow.... this looked wonderful! Sorry I missed it. I'm catching up on all the Dallas/Texas notes and see if anything is happening in the coming months. I'm heading out to Traders again tomorrow...

Blixathecat (Sean)

Quote:

On 2008-08-03 19:23, Formikahini wrote:
Lovely LOVELY time, Koitiki and Dane!

I'm so glad so many came from Austin, and even happier that so many made the 3 and 4 hour drives from their various cities in the Lone Star State (even Heelgrinder and Scott, whose hour drive from San Antonio turned into a 4 traffic hour nightmare - Yikes!). I LOVE TEXAS TIKI FOLK! We got some real goodies! Thanks to everyone for making this such a success.

Now we gotta get this kind of turnout (especially from Dallas folks) at the next Dallas Trader Vic's gathering!!

F

View Profile of blixathecat Send a personal message to blixathecat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 9:04 pm   Permalink

In case anyone didn't get a look at the large paintings Crash brought to the party:

This one is going to live in my tiki room. Thanks Crash!

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation