FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-26 10:22 am   Permalink

Wow, those are beautiful, I must of missed them at the party. She really is a great artist.

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 8:04 pm   Permalink

Finally got the scoop on the "tiki" bar on 6th St. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

It's called Malaia. We didn't stay long, just looked, so this is my 5 minute impression. It's very similar to Pangaea, melding a sort of bamboo/tropical/exotic/African/tribal thing with a sort of ultra-modern thing. It's worth a look to check it out, but definitely not tiki in our sense of a tiki bar. It's a dance club with several floors. Walls are covered in bamboo and the DJ booth in matting. Several framed tiki masks right when you walk in. HUGE black mask over the bar with glowing red eyes and stick hair. Elephant head sconces with orange flicker bulbs. Bar front faced with modern sculptural ivory colored panels. Techno music pumping loudly. So there you have it.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 8:07 pm   Permalink

that's a pretty awesome sunset on the previous page!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-26 20:07, RevBambooBen wrote:
that's a pretty awesome sunset on the previous page!

Thanks Ben! We get quite a few of those. The neighbors even call me with sunset alerts to make sure I don't miss one. If you like that one, here are a few more of my faves from the balcony.

For the Austinites reading this: Please support your local musicians on Oct.7 during HAAM Benefit Day!
http://www.healthallianceforaustinmusicians.org/innerpage.php?pageid=173
HAAM provides financial assistance with medical and dental needs for uninsured local musicians. Sponsors donate 5% to HAAM on Oct. 7. Check website for list of sponsors and show schedule. It's a great cause!
I am working this event. If anyone would like to meet up for drinks and/or more music at the end of my shifts that evening, PM me if you're interested. Right now it looks like my last band might be changing, but I'll have more complete info later.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-01 12:51 pm   Permalink

What a great party, wonderful setting at your beautiful home! The lagoon pool = unbelievable! Can't wait for the 2009 luau party. Thank you Koitiki and Dane.

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 4:15 pm   Permalink

...speaking of which, here's the link back to the 2009
2nd Annual Texas Tiki Round-up thread.
See ya'll there, Dobrolic!

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-27 12:07 pm   Permalink

We are in count-down mode now ....!!!!!! Can't wait until Saturday for the 2009 luau party!

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation