FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 06:10 am   Permalink

Well, the Knights IS an old-school motor lodge. Its got charm, but its no Ritz-Carlton. From the rooms I saw (and the grounds) it was, however, VERY clean. The staff was really friendly and they dont mind us doing the Round Robin thing on Friday, with TWO live bands!!!

Its DEFINATELY better than the Super8 from last year if that helps... It averaged 3.5 (of 5) on tripadvisor.

Here's some pics!! Be sure to book for friday night too!!

pool area...

A double room...

We'll see ya on the bus!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2008-05-12 06:15 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 08:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

Its DEFINATELY better than the Super8 from last year if that helps...

And the Super 8 last year wasn't bad. I've stayed in WAY worse!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:16 am   Permalink

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback. I will be booking for Friday and Saturday night. I know the rates on their website were between $79 + $89.

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:39 am   Permalink

Mention the TIKI TOUR!!

We've got a discounted rate set up for everyone! $65 single, $75 double.

More info here:
http://www.northeasttikitour.com/news.htm

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 08:12 am   Permalink

Hey folks!!

We've finally nailed down Sunday's part of the NETT.

I've spoken with the Essex Peabody Museum in Salem (about 15 minutes away from our hotel) and they are going to run a pair of customized tours for us.

One featuring their Oceanic art collection, and the second on Maori tattoos (an exhibit that happens to be there at the time of our tour).

We'll have to split into two groups, but each group will do BOTH tours in opposite order.

The Tours start at 1pm sharp!!! And there is NO SUPPLIED TRANSPORTATION.

Transportation is on you guys. There will be NO BUS. You'll have to drive, or carpool, hitch-hike, walk, skateboard....just get there somehow, cause its gonna be cool!!

Also, the admission for the Peabody is $15/ea.

now, since checkout is 11am, we're also working on a place (or two) to meet up for hangover brunch on the way to Salem. More to come on that front soon.

If you're interested in the Museum side trip, please PM or email me. I'd like to give them a tenative headcount.

Still more surprises to come...

We'll see ya on the bus.

lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-14 2:56 pm   Permalink

I don't believe I will do the Sunday tour, but I am definitely on for Friday and Saturday. Yippeee!!!

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 7:18 pm   Permalink

noooooooo sunday...................uggghhhh! not me.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 07:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-14 19:18, jpmartdog wrote:
noooooooo sunday...................uggghhhh! not me.

It's OK JP, Sunday's about greasy breakfast and culcha. Lots of fancy culcha.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 08:56 am   Permalink

We're definitely up for greasy breakfast on Sunday. Not sure about the culcha yet, considering CaptainQ's rapidly dwindling vacation days. We might just need to hightail it home, but we'll see.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 11:27 am   Permalink

If it helps anyone plan, the tours are only about 45 mins each...add a little time to peruse on your own...you'll be out by 3pm.

If you havent been to the PEM, this is a great opportunity to see some amazing Oceanic art, and hear some people who really know their stuff speak about it.

They're throwing us all out of the hotel at 11....what else are you gonna do? Me? Im gonna get educated....and full of greasy hangover food.

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 11:32 am   Permalink

Can't wait!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-15 11:27, Bargoyle wrote:
If it helps anyone plan, the tours are only about 45 mins each...add a little time to peruse on your own...you'll be out by 3pm.

Okay, that's different! I'll confer with the Captain, but this sounds doable!

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-01 9:15 pm   Permalink

just thought I'd bring the thread back up - really looking forward to it

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 09:13 am   Permalink

Me too!!! I'm having my iron stomach installed in August just for the NETT.

Jon - leave that cop attracting Aloha shirt at home this time. I don't want to get pulled over again!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 11:24 am   Permalink

Ohhhhh Great!!!!! and who's the one that said "Maybe we should cab it over!" LOL

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation