FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 6:03 pm   Permalink

I'll heed your advice next time. Good thing "the man" didn't see the wahine in the back with a bundle of that fresh green herb. I love mint!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-15 11:27, Bargoyle wrote:
If it helps anyone plan, the tours are only about 45 mins each...add a little time to peruse on your own...you'll be out by 3pm.

If you havent been to the PEM, this is a great opportunity to see some amazing Oceanic art, and hear some people who really know their stuff speak about it.

They're throwing us all out of the hotel at 11....what else are you gonna do? Me? Im gonna get educated....and full of greasy hangover food.

Let me vouch for the museum. I have had many occasions to visit, and the Oceanic Arts section is growing and very impressive. Plus, there are many other fascinating things, like an entire 2-story Chinese house, that was dismantled in the countryside of some small province, brought over, and reassembled in its own courtyard in its entirety. And you can walk through the whole thing!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:03 pm   Permalink

The mayor is correct. There's alot of cool stuff there to check out.

I believe to take the tour of the china house requires a separate ticket. Just a couple of bucks, but in the interest of full disclosure, I figured I'd mention it.

Only a few months away now!!! Get ready to start seeing raffle items, and if you're on the fence about hosting a room you sould take the leap.

Its a great way to meet a bunch of fantastic people (with 100 on this tour, I guarantee there's at least a dozen you dont know, no matter how connected in the tiki community you are) and a great way to show off your mixing/host/hostess skills.

Plus, we'll probably have a little something for the room hosters as a token of our appreciation.

Pm me if you need more info, and we'll see you on the bus!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 9:06 pm   Permalink

I'll be hosting a room
prepare for.............EXOTIC ISLAND.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 9:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Sully,

Pencil me in for hosting a room. Being a former chef, my mind has been racing on what to make and bring.. Looking forward to it..

Cheers!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 05:18 am   Permalink

Is this the round robin? I think yes - Birdgirl and I are happy to have folks over again - count us in!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-06 06:48 am   Permalink

Rev_thumper and I are co-hosting a room with Velveteen Lounge and Captain Quad... which I think you already know, but I figured I'd mention anyway.

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 5:52 pm   Permalink

I was thinking about hosting a room for the crawl, but there's going to be so many people making cocktails that I figure nobody will be interested in plain rum. Why drink Zacapa when you can have a Mai Tai?

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 08:10 am   Permalink

Oh scottes, ye of little faith.

I drained a bottle of Zapacapa in just over a day (I was sharing, not ALL to myself) at Hukilau. That was my "go to" in the hip flask.

If you pour it, they will come.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 08:52 am   Permalink

Hey, tell ya what, Scottes, I'll get with the Professah, and we'll co-host the room next door, and serve Urinal Cakes and Pernod Mou Tais. Your room will get plenty of visits!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-18 09:57 am   Permalink

Jill & I are lightweights/lousy mixologists, so I think we'll host the Tiki Tour Enjoyment Insurance Room.

We'll have plenty of cupcakes, Advil and water. And who knows, we might even create a mystical Voodoo hangover tonic.

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 11:40 am   Permalink

I don't know how that compete with the Mayor's Urinal Cakes but go for it.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-18 11:44 am   Permalink

As long as no one mixes up the urinal cakes and cupcakes we should be OK.

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

Nevermind the Urinal Cakes, I TRIPPLE-DOG DARE anyone to try the Pernod Mou Tai.

Please do so outdoors, and dont yak on my car or on the raffle table.

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 4:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-18 08:10, Bargoyle wrote:
If you pour it, they will come.

OK, put me down for hosting a room.

I'll bring, say, 24 - an even 2 dozen - rums.

I may even make you up a My Tai. Yes, I said My Tai. (A long story involving an OCD compulsion and numerous variation of the Bum's $100 Mai Tai recipe.)

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation