FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » 2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 6:23 pm   Permalink

MMM, I can taste the Urinal Cake already...

Scottes you may want to keep guys with flasks out of your room man. I've seen them fill and empty in record time and your rum collection is much to nice to disappear in just one evening.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 7:34 pm   Permalink

I said I'd bring 24 bottles.

That still leaves about 120 at home....

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 09:32 am   Permalink

Brendan and I will surely host a room, Drink Bong will be in effect!!

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 11:58 am   Permalink

Uh oh. Those drinks spell trouble... I knew there was a reason I liked New England.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 12:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-18 18:23, johnman wrote:
MMM, I can taste the Urinal Cake already...

I don't have anything to say, I just think this is funny all by itself.

...especially when its out of context!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 11:52 am   Permalink

Ok, the tour is currently SOLD OUT.

If you didnt sign up but really want to go, pm or email me and we'll add you to the waiting list.

If you havent paid, hurry up, or your seat will given up to someone on the waiting list!!!

See ya on the bus!!!

www.northeasttikitour.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 12:00 pm   Permalink

Its been so long , I cant remember if I paid or not. Did you send out bills via paypal. Seriously I dont have a clue. aye carumba

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 12:03 pm   Permalink

You paid jon. I think you were the first actually!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 1:15 pm   Permalink

As a reminder, there are only a few rooms left at the Knights Inn.

If you have not reserved a room, call em up & do so now!!!

more info on the webpage:

www.northeasttikitour.com

We'll see ya on the bus.

Oh, and one other thing....you know how its impossible to get BIG Tikis up here in the Northeast? 'Cause you can't put em in your luggage coming back from Hukilau, and they cost a friggin' fortune to ship.

Well, save your pennies cats & kittens..... They may very well be coming to you at the NETT.

More info to come as it pans out.

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 10:37 am   Permalink

Also, PAY UP SUCKAS!!!! lol

I'm sending reminders to those who havent paid yet.

Your seat is not fully reserved until you've paid for it, and there are hungry tiki freaks on the waiting list hoping that you dont.

As always, we'll see you on the bus!!

lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-05 6:49 pm   Permalink

Although I don't want to rush the summer, I cannot wait for this!!!

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:47 pm   Permalink

Did someone say "Drink Bong"? I've gotta check that out!

I'm still working out my cocktail for this years Friday night room crawl... You never know what I'll come up with.

Someone kick the summer into high gear please.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-14 5:41 pm   Permalink

Ahoy, Sully:

Please confirm that you've received my payment. It was sent to you around May 1st.

T'anks a bunch!
~Ramona

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 06:53 am   Permalink

Got it. You're all set.

I'm sorry if the email I sent last week confused anyone. It got sent to ALL attendees, and I included a reminder for those who hadn't paid.

I just wanted to get word out about Tiki Hana, & the hotel, & get a headcount for the PEM.

Its all good. Things are coming together nicely.

A copy of email follows (in case someone didn't get it)....and if you've paid me, ignore the part about "For those who haven't paid yet..." Sorry for any confusion:

Alooooooooha!!!!!!!

I hope summer is treating everyone well and I have just a few quick announcements to make.

If you haven’t reserved a room at the Knights Inn yet, please do so IMMEDITAELY. They are releasing the block of rooms I had saved next week. We want to hang with everyone all weekend, so book now!! Knights Inn-Danvers Mass - (978) 774-6500.

Also, if you haven’t seen the NEWS section of the website recently, we have convinced tiki carver Tiki Hana to join us on the tour. He’ll be filling his truck with BIG carved tikis for sale (and some small ones too), so if you’ve ever wanted a nice big carving, but couldn’t fit it in your carry-on on the way home from Hukilau, or shipping it was too expensive/damage prone, NOW is your chance!! Save your pennies!!

In fact, we may have a few vendors at this years event, so save LOTS of pennies….just don’t let it cut into your raffle ticket purchases!! Lol

Also, for those who haven’t paid for their seat yet, please do so in the next week. If I don’t receive payments by then, I’ll have to release the seats to people on the waiting list, so they have enough time to make plans for the weekend.

Last, I need to hear from those who are interested in the Peabody Museum’s South Seas Art exhibit. This is a great opportunity for a personal tour of some fantastic tiki carvings & artwork. Don’t let it pass you by! I need a headcount ASAP to let the Peabody know. Email me back if you’re interested.

As always, HUGE mahalos for your support, and we’ll see you on the bus!

Bargoyle

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2008-07-16 06:58 ]

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 3:29 pm   Permalink

Sent this off in an email blast today. Please feel free to discuss.

Aloha Tiki Tourees!!!!

I come today with good and bad news.

The bad news is that the way we set up the reservation and payments for the buses left us open to a fuel surcharge and it is substantial. Diesel fuel IS nearly $5/gallon, so I completely understand, but it has put the NETT into a hole that it will not recover from. After speaking with a few past attendees, and friends, they convinced me I needed to write this letter.

I hate to do it. I’m a “my word is my bond” kind of guy, but I need to increase the cost of this years ticket by $5. That’ll make it an even $50.

Rather than re-send invoices, and deal with paypal & checks, I’d ask that you please pay the additional $5 when you pick up your badges.

If anyone has a problem with this, please email/pm me immediately. Once again, I’m sorry to have to do it, and I appreciate your understanding.

Now onto some good news!!

Our very own Granite Tiki has donated the services of his band for the Friday night party. They’ll be playing their unique style of Hapa Haole, Hawaiian, & all around party music in the middle slot during Friday’s festivities.

I can’t thank them enough for the generous offer, and as they’re doing it for free, be sure to buy these guys some drinks!!

Also, James (Primo Kimo) is spearheading the room crawl effort again this year, and it stands to be fantastic (MAHALO to Primo!!). For those of you who have committed to a room (thanks!!) PK will be in contact with you shortly.

For those who were “maybe” or “no”, its not too late to reconsider. Email me if you want in on what should be one of the best parts of the weekend!

Once again, thanks to everyone for their support, and we’ll see you on the bus!

Bargoyle

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation