FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » 2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-13 6:47 pm   Permalink

I took Friday off from work, so I will have plenty of time to get to Danvers. Weeee!
I can always bring some food for people to snack on as well.

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 11:33 pm   Permalink

5 Days & Counting!

Anyone else coming in from the DC/Baltimore area?

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 09:37 am   Permalink

Just a reminder to bring something warm to wear to the NETT.

Friday night is predominantly outdoors, and the weathermen are predicting a bit of a cold snap coming down from Canada.

Also, bring cash. Lots of cash. Its easier to leave each stop if its just cash...no waiting on credit card machines, etc....and the bars like having a register full of cash when we leave, and they want us back!

oh, and buy raffle tickets!!!

Check out the stuff we've got!! (and this isnt even all of it!!)

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/raffle.htm

Again, HUGE thanks to the Friends of the Tour for their generous donations!

Go buy stuff from these people!!!!

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/friends.htm

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 5:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-15 09:37, Bargoyle wrote:
Just a reminder to bring something warm to wear to the NETT.

Friday night is predominantly outdoors, and the weathermen are predicting a bit of a cold snap coming down from Canada.

Thanks Mom it's nice that you worry about us! I don't know about everybody else but I was planning on a 90 degree day...

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 07:06 am   Permalink

Final Schedule for NETT II : Electric Boogaloo

Friday, 9/19.

I'll be at the Knights Inn all day setting up, and in a general state of panic.

4pm Registration begins! Pick up your badges and buy some raffle tickets.

Also Primo is going to roll out some Mai Tais. This is the communal drink for the evening, above & beyond the room crawl drinks (he will not have a room, but will pour you one if you ask nice) Feel free to go get something of substance to eat at this time. We're not serving any sort of diner or anything.

6pm Room Crawl begins. First rooms open

7pm. 9th Wave hits the stage & tears it up. Second set of crawl rooms open

8pm Third set of crawl rooms open, 1st rooms close (or not...up to the hosts)

8.15pm Bamboo Saxotica hits the stage for your drinking & dancing pleasure.

9pm second wave of crawl rooms close (or not...up to the hosts)

9.30pm Waitiki hits the stage and Exotica madness overtakes you!

10pm Final wave of rooms close. Anyone wishing to re-open a room is welcome to.

11pm Waitiki finishes, and organized festivities are done.

11.01pm Bargoyle collapses to get the beauty rest he needs for the bus trip on Sat. Everyone else parties into the wee hours of the night.

Sat.

9.00am Badge pick up for those who didn’t join us Friday (shame on you!)

11.00am Buses load

11.15am Bus #1 departs

11.30am Bus #2 departs

Note, the buses run separate of each other for the first couple of stops. Get enough to sleep to be on the bus at your scheduled time!! You don’t want to be the guy/gal who makes us late.

4.45pm(aprx) The two buses finally meet back up, and then entire Tour crew devastates the last three stops.

11.10pm arrive back at the Knights Inn. Party continues to the wee hours.....or everyone is so shelled that we all pass out en masse.

Sunday.

11am check out & head to Salem for brunch at Brother's Deli (directions will be provided)

1pm Peabody Essex Museum tour

3pm We all part ways until next time.

We'll see you all in a few days.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 10:05 am   Permalink

also.... friday night..., under the stars..., with the bands, the carvers, the room crawl, and the cocktails....ohhh, thos wonderful marvelous cocktails, a little extra eye candy for you to wander by and glance at!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 10:09 am   Permalink

I moved to the DC area almost 17 years ago, but wasn't there a drive-in in Lowell area which had 3 or 4 screens to choose from.

Really do miss the golden age of the drive-in.

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 6:50 pm   Permalink

Oh yes, the Lowell area had a few actually. All gone now though.

There was the Wamaset Drive-In in Tewksbury, which I believe had 3 or 4 screens, the Chelmsford Twin Drive-In which had two, and the Lowell Drive-In which showed "adult" films (although I think I saw a Disney Double Feature there when I was very young.

We still have the Milford Drive-In in Milford New Hampshire though.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 8:14 pm   Permalink

I'm feeling hungover all ready

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 05:41 am   Permalink

Any suggestions from the ohana local to the Danvers area for dinner on Friday?

Gotta eat something before all that tiki booze sets in...

Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-17 06:39 am   Permalink

We have a drive-in in Mansfield CT, with 3 screens. Been meaning to head over in my 63 Falcon all summer...

But I digress. Grab some pre-crawl dinner, but be sure to save room for post-crawl pineapple upside-down cake! I'll have 2 or 3 in lieu of drinks.

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 09:16 am   Permalink

Lots of good places on rte 1.

I'd stay away from Asian foods... you're gonna have enough of that on saturday.

I;d suggest Kelly's Roast Beef....down rte 1 in saugus.

Great sandwiches (they claim to have invented the roast beef sandwich) a HUGE salt water aquarium in the dining area, and the most EVIL clown head you;ve ever seen watches over you as you order.

Its a *must* of rte 1. There used to be alot more places like that, but slowly all the cool googie stuff & kitschy stores shaped like stuff are being bulldozed to make way for mini-malls. Enjoy some of the kitsch of rte 1 while its still around...there's less & less each year.

Also, I hit that drive in a few times a year paige. Its like 15 mins from teh Lono. a thermos full of Mai tais & a lawn chair... LOVE the drive in!!!

Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 09:21 am   Permalink

Oh yes, I remember Kelly's (in Boston) very well. Great suggestion.
I can bring one back for you, bargoyle, if you like!

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 09:32 am   Permalink

There's also a Rumor that the Grand Opening of Hooters located directly across from the Kowloon is Friday night? Maybe some wings, with some breasts and thighs?

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 09:37 am   Permalink

You are a mischief maker...

I hope there are a least a dozen more with your spirit this weekend.

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2008-09-17 09:40 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation