FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 08:45 am   Permalink

The first snow. Before and After.

I'm going to turn the heat up, mix a rum drink, and look forward to the NETT.
(and call my brother to help me tear down the Gazebo for the Winter)

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-11-20 08:46 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-20 08:45, The Granite Tiki wrote:

I'm going to turn the heat up, mix a rum drink, and look forward to the NETT.
(and call my brother to help me tear down the Gazebo for the Winter)

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-11-20 08:46 ]

I feel your pain. It's too cold to be in our tiki room now for more than a few minutes, too.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-20 11:39 am   Permalink

Glad I put those base board heaters in and insullated the ceiling in my tiki room last summer.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 2:17 pm   Permalink

You rock Pappy! Thanks for posting the pic!

Quote:

On 2007-11-20 07:30, pappythesailor wrote:
Here you go, Johnman (and anybody). Just Photoshop yourself right in there:

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 06:50 am   Permalink

Looks like I'm going to have to leave the island and head up north for this!

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 08:29 am   Permalink

Given the number of commuters, would it be wrong if the NJ/NY ohana thought about a bus to take us to the bus? Sort of a tiki commuter connection?

I'm just sayin'.

a tour to the tour? I guess no good could come from that...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BostonBum

Posted: 2007-11-26 12:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys/girls/others..... Why wait till summer to have a Tiki tour?????? Why not do something in Feb or March. Kinda like a Christmas in July thing???? Just a thought (and a good one at that)

Bostonbum

View Profile of BostonBum Send a personal message to BostonBum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-26 1:07 pm   Permalink

If we get a bus for the NY/NJ/PA ohana then it should certainly be of the short yellow variety!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-28 17:37, Tikisgrl wrote:
Have a great time! Sounds like a lot of fun & maybe you'll find a future tiki tour stop? How about the one place I have still not made it to in Quincy if you get some extra ambition? Cathay Pacific. map! & a teaser!

Tikisgrl

No one is brave enough to investigate this place? Someone has to live near Weymouth?

Just a thought... Is it NETT II time yet

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 1:14 pm   Permalink

I love the idea of doing something in the dead of winter, since it's such a depressing time as far as I'm concerned, but I'm guessing it would have to be fairly cancel-able in the event of inclement weather (said the girl whose February birthday celebrations are routinely disrupted by blizzards!).

Can you tell I'm not originally from the Northeast?

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 1:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-26 13:14, velveteenlounge wrote:
I love the idea of doing something in the dead of winter, since it's such a depressing time as far as I'm concerned, but I'm guessing it would have to be fairly cancel-able in the event of inclement weather (said the girl whose February birthday celebrations are routinely disrupted by blizzards!).

Can you tell I'm not originally from the Northeast?

Such a pessimist didn't we get the last 90 degree day of the year for out first NETT? What makes you think we would have a blizzard?

I'm all for a preview party just as long as there is someplace to sleep and it's not on a work night!

Pho's looked pretty cool in the Beachbum thread?

Beth

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-26 13:21, Tikisgrl wrote:

Such a pessimist didn't we get the last 90 degree day of the year for out first NETT? What makes you think we would have a blizzard?

Just don't have it anytime around my birthday! I'm cursed with bad weather!

Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 2:54 pm   Permalink

i might try to pull off something in the winter like my pity party last year.
perhaps something related to Fat Tuesday.

but on the weekend.

since I was unable to pull off a "staying here" party, I still owe people something.

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 2:59 pm   Permalink

I'm up for anything, really. I'm dying here. Tiki-withdrawal... Though the Pho had the music, the cocktails, and some folks, it just wasn't tiki enough.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 5:51 pm   Permalink

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Waitiki
Beach Bum Berry
Humuhumu
Bargoyle
Johnman
Pappy
vintage tiki slideshow
Navy Grogs, the way they should be...............
gar -- nish -- es to die for.....
'heavy sigh'

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2007-11-26 17:52 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation