FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tikiana Art by BigToe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tikiana Art by BigToe
artosaurus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-24 7:44 pm   Permalink

This is terrific stuff!

"Tiki Runner" is a winner. His expression is priceless. The textures are excellent. It looks like it was painted on a wood panel instead of on canvas. The red-orange shape in the bkgd is cool and really helps pop the board and figure.

"Ruby's Dilemma" is hilarious. The tongue on the stool and the droopy eye are great touches. I love Ruby's 'Betty Boop' eyes.

View Profile of artosaurus Send a personal message to artosaurus  Email artosaurus Goto the website of artosaurus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-07 3:11 pm   Permalink

thanks for the kind words bruddas!

here is a sneak peek at a top secret progect:

Just between u, me and the tikis, my old pal Holden down at Tiki Farm has clearly lost his mind and is developing BigToe designed Tiki "shot mugs" (Does "Mug Shots" seem more appropriate for a ne'er-do-well like me?)

here are the "first sculpts" of the first 2 of 3. the detail is amazing to me considering these are 5mm wide!

I will post progress on the mysterious Big Niho whenever those come thru for review...

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 3:34 pm   Permalink

man, they'll let anybody make a mug these days......you may even get into the next bali hai show....maybe.

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-07 11:32 pm   Permalink

Hey BigToe, those pics are too sweet. Fun, drunk and pushing the boundry. More please!

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-04 08:48 am   Permalink

OK so i guess we can officially announce the first set of BigToe Tiki Mugs, or as i like to call them MUG-SHOTS...or shot-size tiki mugs for those of you less abstract thinkers.
these little babies area all around 5 cm wide. the sculpts are amazing with detail and Holden pinky-swears that they will be available from Tiki Farm early to Mid-April.

stay tuned for the full-size mugs which will include a MAI TAI BUCKET size Leno!

Alohas, tom

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 09:16 am   Permalink

Very cool mugs BigToe!thanks for sharin,Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 11:42 am   Permalink

Very nice job on the mugs, love the leno, angled top is great and the hotrod eyes really pop.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 04:27 am   Permalink

Great looking mug designs

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-07 15:34, Clysdalle wrote:
man, they'll let anybody make a mug these days......you may even get into the next bali hai show....maybe.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Spoken like a bitter man who has to make his own mugs at home!
great Job Tom!
With Holden's eye for great artists and mug designs
and your Crazy......brain and eyes; these turned out ARR-SOME!
Bravo Buddy!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 5:04 pm   Permalink

I was flipping through a Rodz mag. and it was crazy to see a familar face. Congratz

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-23 2:03 pm   Permalink

OK so here is a new painting i am doing that is inspired by the San Diego Tiki Oasis 08 event theme "Vacation on Zombie Island".

The new joint is called "Zombie Tiki", acrylic on canvas (thanks Claudio!), 30 X 48". check back for periodic WIP updates:

1. I have done about 6 sketchbook studies, so i am ready to hack away at the canvas. I don't transfer any of the art, i work from scratch here. I have a hand-full of pencils, and i just sketch and erase, sketch and erase. For me, the art has much more life this way.
I am referencing my sketches for the tiki, some photos from hawaii for the foliage and lots and lots of pinup photos for the girls.

2. So now i have begun to rough in the main value blocks with a muddy combo of winsor and permanent green, burnt sienna and umbar and some black for the deep shadows...yes, kids, dutch masters school technique all the way!! i can never resist sneaking in a bit of work on my favorite parts, the girls eyes. a little sloppier than i like because I need new brushes.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:01 pm   Permalink

TOM!
Go Buy some brushes!!!!
Art Supply Warehouse has em on Sale 50 weeks out of the year!
This new One is lookin SMOKIN!
Stoked how you're doing it up Old master's style...
TikiShark has nailed that look and let me tell ya..it ain't easy!
There is something immediate and magical about freehandin something onto the canvas....
that way it's a little more exciting for you too because
you've been thru the drills and possibilites with the sketches...
and now it's SHOWTIME!
Eagerly awaiting your progress....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 5:12 pm   Permalink

Looks set to be a great piece. Cant wait to see it progress

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-23 10:14 pm   Permalink

Holy CRAP! Your art is freaking GREAT! I so dig the expressiveness of your Tikis!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cosmictiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-29 10:56 am   Permalink

MAN! I love your stuff your tiki art is over the top and I love that retro twisted guy. Tons of personality to it. Keep up the Great work. Aloha Dennis Mathewson

View Profile of cosmictiki Send a personal message to cosmictiki  Email cosmictiki Goto the website of cosmictiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation