FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tikiana Art by BigToe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tikiana Art by BigToe
tok-tok
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 5:57 pm   Permalink

AHA. So I guess I have to buy that issue now. That is going to bee easy.
Congrats, Tom.

View Profile of tok-tok Send a personal message to tok-tok      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 6:19 pm   Permalink

Let's see what happens when we ask Uncle Toesy to deface some innocent thrift store paint-by-number piece for Pappy Haggler's.

Sorry I don't have a before shot but trust me, it wasn't ANYTHING like this molested version. Not for sale. I bought it!!!!

Thanks Mr Toe!!!!!!!!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-23 8:44 pm   Permalink

Dude that thing is beyond F'ed up. Look at a the pigs face!!!! I am so jelous!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-23 9:00 pm   Permalink

hes got to left feet..ha!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 09:38 am   Permalink

This painting is f'kin classic, man!

I laughed out loud when I saw this up-close in-person at TO.

I told Dave how jealous I was that HE had it in his possession.

I expressed to BigT that he captured (in my mind) the essence of my favorite goony art of my 60s childhood.

A future holy-grail after we're all dead and buried. God Bless all artists!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-24 10:00 am   Permalink

thanks boys!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 10:03 am   Permalink

Saw some art on the new Media Cove video with the double headed Moai Kava Man. Nice. Either you didn't post that one, its not yours, or I missed it with it was posted.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-24 10:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-24 10:03, teaKEY wrote:
Saw some art on the new Media Cove video with the double headed Moai Kava Man. Nice. Either you didn't post that one, its not yours, or I missed it with it was posted.

thanks for the prompt. Here it is..."Last Rezort". can u think of a better name...anyone???

Beuler???

Finally shot it last night, Anyway, it's a "companion" (bookend?) painting to my "Ruby's Dilemma" painting...

[ This Message was edited by: 2009-08-24 12:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bigtoe 2009-08-24 14:25 ]

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 10:17 am   Permalink

Really SMOKIN Art goin on here!!! Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 6:53 pm   Permalink

I think "Last Rezort" does the job just fine. I was thinking of, "The Perils of Bar Food", but that's not so good.

Very nice piece, I dig the eyes over the sign.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabemaita

Posted: 2009-08-24 7:10 pm   Permalink

love your stuff. and great art on the word search in TIKI MAG

View Profile of gabemaita Send a personal message to gabemaita  Email gabemaita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-24 8:24 pm   Permalink

For anyone interested, here's the story behind the painting:

This work was inspired by the Moai Kava Kava that we all saw at the forest lawn tiki art show. Our scene opens with our protagonist(s?) tending bar at the very exclusive (and perhaps elusive) Last Rezort Tiki Bar. And as you can see the 2 heads are at odds with each other tonight.

Kava-one casts an irascible eye towards his jovial janus as he earnestly prepares a secret cocktail for a contentedly inebriated fruit bat (and is he pouring into a Bigtoe Leno tiki mug that may be purchased at tikifarm.com?). It seems Kava-one is expecting Kava-two to add a splash from that mysterious red crucible.

Meanwhile, Kava-two is driven to distraction by the opportunity to tease a pretty (and thankfully scantily-clad) hula girl with the shrunken (but seemly occular?) head of a recently-deceased associate.

How will this little drama play out?

You and your guests can spend many an entertaining idle contemplating the outcome in your very own den of iniquity! Will the evening end in fisticuffs? an amorous 3-way tryst? Perhaps even a more violent end at the hand (or ragged claw) of indiscernible jungle denizens with paley-glowing eyes.

TC price is $2000.

Finally shot it last night. this shot is a bit too 'warm' (orange) if you are seriously interested and would like to see a better shot, please PM me.

MAhalos for looking!

Uncle Toesy

javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 4:14 pm   Permalink

If you haven't heard, we have an exclusive interview with the one-and-only BigToe in the upcoming issue of Bachelor Pad Magazine. (It's at the printers now and should be out in a couple of weeks.) You can get the new issue here: http://www.bachelorpadmagazineonline.com/

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-25 4:43 pm   Permalink

OH DAMN!
Last resort is fantatic! Yoiu keep painting the things I wish I would have thought up!
Great work bigToe!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 4:50 pm   Permalink

Love the Two Headed Kava Kava Man!! Rock On Mr. Toe!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation