FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tikiana Art by BigToe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tikiana Art by BigToe
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 5:31 pm   Permalink

Hey I was just able to read the article and its a great one. Congrats again on the exposure (which would mean something totally different if it had the title I originally thought it was!)

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-10 6:33 pm   Permalink

bigtoe stroke instead of bigtoe stoke??? tee hee

[ This Message was edited by: BigToe 2009-09-10 18:33 ]

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 8:09 pm   Permalink

big toe slalom fri nite! rip city! be there!! blaaaackout punch time!

Slalom
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To slalom is to zigzag between obstacles

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:12 pm   Permalink

Congrats BigToe!! Your art is just smokin! Thanks for sharin,Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:07 pm   Permalink

thanks all,
OK this is only tangentially about my 'craft', but last night we held and impromptu art circle meeting at THE RUZIC's studio with East-Coast Caroline, Kiki, The Ruzic, Squid and your humble raconteur.

we discussed the upcoming OHANA tiki event that Caroline is helping out with in NY state. looks like a hoot and 3/4.

we discussed Squid's attendance there as something of a CELEBU-TARD! Will he bring his drumming utencils???????

we discussed Kiki's new venture, dress patterns sized for today's woman (so crazy, it just might work!), and she also measured me for my very own KUSTOM Hawaiian Paniolo shirt (joy!). I will post pics when i get em.

and ofcourse, we discussed THE RUZIC's new squid paintings and the inspiration thereof (which apparently has something to do with the ancient Mediterranean Manoan culture...who knew!

anyhoo, here's some pics:

somber mood of artistic discourse

more light-hearted mood of (sic) tom-foolery

yikes, i have a bit of SQUID protruding from my ear.

thanks for stopping by!

Uncle Toesy

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-12 11:02 am   Permalink

Wheee! That was fun, Uncle Toesy! So good to see you and meet Caroline! I'll be jammin on your shirt next week, and vintage reproduction patterns too. No rest for the wicked.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-12 8:54 pm   Permalink

Such a FUN evening hanging out with you all!!!!!!
I looked at the clock when I got back to my hotel - how did f*** it get THAT late!?!?!? I had no idea!!!!

All that FUN......and an EAR SQUID to boot!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-13 09:41 am   Permalink

Yay, Toe!

You realise that ear mollusks are a very treatable condition. Rum tends to be applied liberally, a few times a day.

Oh, and thanks again to you & ken!
(poetry!)

Visit Zerotiki!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-09-13 09:45 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-21 6:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-12 18:07, BigToe wrote:
it is with the utmost humility and reverence that i offer for your consideration my new project called "Suck it, Bowana".

It's been 9 months.
How 'bout it. tough guy?!

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 08:29 am   Permalink

qwit yer bellyachin,Bowie!
FIST-I-CUFFS!
FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!
i wanna see a throwdown!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-05 2:21 pm   Permalink

dang, i really DO need to get to my Moai, but i n the meantime, here are the 3 new paintings i showed at the Tonga Hut 51st anniv car show shindig.
Big Mahalo to Atomic Kitty for putting the show together...free rum good..

"Eye Spy", 14 X 14", acrylic on Canvas. this first one was a little sumthin for the hotrod fans, part of a set of paintings done in the method of one of my favorite artists, Damian Fulton.

"Seafood", 12 X 12", acrylic on Canvas. Another Damian Fulton style. the composition is from a a painting by comic super-star Frank Cho. i was inspired to do a squid by Dave Lozeau and "The Ruzic".

finally, the only TIKI! "Da Hui", 12 X 12", acrylic on Canvas. Another Damian Fulton style.

They are all still available. PM for TC discount price. First come, first served and so forth.

Mahalos for checking them out.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 10:45 pm   Permalink

Sweet Master Toes!! Eye Spy is my favorite...looks like a different eye painted under the iris...cool.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-06 09:13 am   Permalink

Lovin the "Seafood"!
Green Butts and Octopi!
You nailed those tentaclees!

Rockin Batch!
Go Orange ground!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 11:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-06 09:13, little lost tiki wrote:

Green Butts and Octopi!

Sounds like a forgotten Dr. Suess classic!

Great seeing you at Tonga Hut! Dig the new works.
And we love our sticker too! Rock on Toesy!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 4:41 pm   Permalink

I love "Eye Spy" too! Nothing like an excreting eyeball flying over the township in a creamy yellow sky, I say! Tres cool. And I really like how you've shaded out the edges and painted 'round the sides, so we get a spectacular wraparound. I <3 my wolf sticker too! Aahhhhh-oooOOOHHHHHhhhhhh!!!

Retro Modern Wahine ~ blog, etsy link, and more!

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-10-15 16:45 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation