FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 12:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-28 16:21, Cammo wrote:
The San Diego Tiki Choppers are gonna be out... I'm thinking of having a Chop-A-Thon contest where everybody (and I mean ANYBODY who wants to) gets a log and the starting gun goes off and BAM you have exactly 1 hour (or 2 hours with a 10-minute break in the middle?) to carve a Tiki...

I must admit, at first I thought an inebriated high speed razor sharp tool contest was a terrible idea, and I mean terrible like right up there with filling Zeppelins with Hydrogen, but, heh heh, that Cam's just too dang charming. Besides, the first accidental teenage evisceration could win a flexcut band-aid and the phone number of Cammo's lawyer (maybe both)... heck, I dunno you can always work out the minor wrinkles later, but I say full speed ahead!

BTW, Is it true that The Carvers Front of San Diego and The San Diego Carvers Front will both be in attendance? Should Otto also vocally discourage the wearing of carver gang colors?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikefx
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-16 10:21 am   Permalink

I heard an ugly rumor that the last day of the event was "not" going to be open to the public. Is this true? Isnt this the whole point of getting new TikiPhiles involved? Not to mention, help the vendors get there "stuff" sold? Please advise...somebody...anybody

View Profile of mikefx Send a personal message to mikefx  Email mikefx Goto the website of mikefx     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 10:39 am   Permalink

Wow, that IS an ugly rumor, and I believe it's a false one. You should PM your question to Otto. He is the organizer of the event and can give you the most accurate answer.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-16 10:21, mikefx wrote:
I heard an ugly rumor that the last day of the event was "not" going to be open to the public. Is this true? Isnt this the whole point of getting new TikiPhiles involved? Not to mention, help the vendors get there "stuff" sold? Please advise...somebody...anybody

Remain calm. All is well.

Thursday's seven to midnight meet & greet @ Bali Hai is Free & open to the public. This is always a blast and has a slightly different energy than the Hanalei events.

Not to be missed.

Sunday is also open to the public from ten to four. From eleven to one thirty there are back to back symposiums by Bosko and Otto respectively with chopping, shopping, bopping and general shenanigans all day.

Also not to be missed, and I personally promise more than enough Aloha Spirit Total Immersion to turn you into a raging tikiphile till death, or longer. -Hodaddy

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss-Darko

Posted: 2008-05-17 03:51 am   Permalink

Woo hoo!
I have now bought a Tiki Oasis Deluxe Pass Ticket and a Fri and Sat night stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Can someone please let me know when and where the check in registration would be in order to get the Tiki Oasis Wristband,
would it be the Crowne Plaza on Fri or the Bali Hai on Thurs (which I am not 100% I can attend)?

Miss Darko
=x=

View Profile of Miss-Darko Send a personal message to Miss-Darko  Email Miss-Darko Goto the website of Miss-Darko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-20 12:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-17 03:51, Miss-Darko wrote:
Woo hoo!
I have now bought a Tiki Oasis Deluxe Pass Ticket and a Fri and Sat night stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Can someone please let me know when and where the check in registration would be in order to get the Tiki Oasis Wristband,
would it be the Crowne Plaza on Fri or the Bali Hai on Thurs (which I am not 100% I can attend)?

Miss Darko
=x=

Registration is both at the Bali Hai on thursday as well as at the Hanalei (aka Crowne Plaza) on Fri and Sat

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 09:52 am   Permalink

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this,
I hope the bad economy isn't going to keep people away.
I think its gonna be one of the best years yet.

of course I could be biased with all the great band that Otto had booked.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-29 09:52, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this,

It's 77 days away, maybe when it's 70 days away people will start talking about it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:23 am   Permalink

the BUZZ will get louder after Hukilau......
take a nap and come back later....

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 7:50 pm   Permalink

Has anyone seen this? Voodoo Doughnuts!
http://voodoodoughnut.com/
Anyone from Portland been there?

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 11:00 pm   Permalink

I've seen a show about that place on Food Network or Travel Channel,
somebody needs to tell them to get their asses down to TO to cash in on the weekend,

going to take a nap now, cause Kinny told me too.....
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 2:49 pm   Permalink

Okay, I feel like a dork here. Has the schedule for the symposiums been listed yet?
I'm going to be a Host for the Drink Crawl, I haven't picked a time as I don't want to miss a few of the symposiums. Otto? Anyone?

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RedPatti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-04 5:15 pm   Permalink

Count on 3 for room crawls. Look forward to see everyone again this year.

View Profile of RedPatti Send a personal message to RedPatti  Email RedPatti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-04 17:15, RedPatti wrote:
Count on 3 for room crawls. Look forward to see everyone again this year.

You should probably post that in the
Room Crawl thread if you expect to find yourself on the appropriate list.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 8:30 pm   Permalink

yeah a list of symposiums would be nice.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation