FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:23 pm   Permalink

"Has the schedule for the symposiums been listed yet?"

Otto's asked me to help arrange the symposiums this year, and yes there is no schedule yet. Don't worry, Cheeky, I personally triple-deluxe assure you that there will be lots of time to plan your party.

Otto is locking down all the speakers and times and doesn't want to release the info until it's all rockin'-solid. Which is hard cause we're talking August here! I know about a few of the speakers and they're gonna be superb-yoola.

When Otto has the schedule, he'll put it on the website and I'll post it here too.

Lots of time for CheekyTikiGreenZombie cocktails!

See ya soon.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 5:43 pm   Permalink

Cool beans!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 7:20 pm   Permalink

We are very excited about TO8. The entertainment looks to be top notch!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 8:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-30 19:50, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
Has anyone seen this? Voodoo Doughnuts!
http://voodoodoughnut.com/
Anyone from Portland been there?

I have been to Voodoo Donut in Portland, and let me tell you it is spectacular! My friend and I were trying to work out how we could get them down here to SF cause I think it would be a huge success!! I got two donuts when I was there: a Memphis Mafia which is this ginormous thing with peanut butter and chocolate and lord knows what else, and some other messy thing with Butterfinger pieces, etc. They were SO good but so huge and sweet and it took me about a week to eat them both!

oh yeah - you can get married there!

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikefx
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 10:53 pm   Permalink

WOW, I cant wait! This is going to be so much fun. I'm really looking forward to the music and movies they are having this year. This is going to be SWANGULO DESIGNS second time attending (vending) here and we had such a great time last year. I cant believe we did not know about this years before. I remember running into Otto last year the day after the event at the hotel with my family and he hinted about the theme and I told him he should get THE CRAMPS to play and he liked the idea but I think he did a great job with the line up. I am carrying on here but I'm exited about this. I just think people should be more pumped up about this event. Cant wait to see everyone...Later.

"Remember me...?"Slumped on a park bench, at the bottom of the social heap, the drunken derelict turns his eyes to the heavens as the first flakes of snow begin to fall. "Remember me? I ordered the blonde,the firebird,the alligator shoes... Sombody's made a terrible mistake.-Tom Waits

[ This Message was edited by: mikefx 2008-06-05 22:56 ]

View Profile of mikefx Send a personal message to mikefx  Email mikefx Goto the website of mikefx     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 09:31 am   Permalink

This is my Bible!

The Zombie Survival Guide is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be
stalking you right now. Fully illustrated and exhaustively comprehensive, this book covers
everything you need to know, including how to understand zombie physiology and behavior, the
most effective defense tactics and weaponry, ways to outfit your home for a long siege, and how
to survive and adapt in any territory or terrain.

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don’t need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Don’t be carefree and foolish with your most precious asset——life. This book is your key to
survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now without your even
knowing it. The Zombie Survival Guide offers complete protection through trusted, proven tips
for safeguarding yourself and your loved ones against the living dead. It is a book that can save
your life.

WITH A SURVIVAL RATE OF 76% TO 86% -- ZOMBIES BRING IT ON!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BonzoGal

Posted: 2008-06-06 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-06 09:31, CheekyGirl wrote:
WITH A SURVIVAL RATE OF 76% TO 86% -- ZOMBIES BRING IT ON!

This is so sad- why must there be such prejudice against the differently-alive? Perhaps we could enlighten people with a seminar on "Zombies- They're Just Like You, Only A Bit More Green."

UNDEAD PRIDE!

View Profile of BonzoGal Send a personal message to BonzoGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BonzoGal

Posted: 2008-06-06 09:44 am   Permalink

This will be my first Tiki Oasis. Got the tix, got the rooms- so what should I bring? I've seen helpful guides on how to "survive" events like Comic Con and Burning Man, including lists of helpful items to pack, wear, etc.

Any veterans got suggestions? What's the food situation around there? Should I bring my own likker, glasses, limes?

Thanks!

View Profile of BonzoGal Send a personal message to BonzoGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 10:35 am   Permalink

BGal - Zombies aside (and I mean no disrespect to the life-challenged), here's what I'd keep in mind -

1. It's gonna be HOT. Dress light. Bathing suits with a light shirt/dress over top are your best bet.

2. Bring water bottles.

3. Bring an ice chest.

4. Think FUN. Bring something to share with everybody else. Waterguns, shark heads, zombie masks, water balloons, pool floats, custom drinks, strange beers from your neck of the woods, CDs, anything!

5. Bring a digital camera, and a cheapo disposable one for daytime outdoor shots.

6. Hats. Don't get fried.

7. Nighttime wear. Everybody showers and changes for the pm activities.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-06 10:39 am   Permalink

8. Bring money. Lots of awesome vendors with plenty of awesome stuff.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 11:41 am   Permalink

9. DON'T PEE IN THE FREAKIN POOL!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-06 11:46 am   Permalink

10. Buy a new friend a drink.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 11:47 am   Permalink

11. Also no disemboweling or brain eating in the pool.

[ This Message was edited by: Rob Roy 2008-06-06 11:47 ]

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 12:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

3. Bring an ice chest.

And if possible, stop and fill it with ice BEFORE getting to the hotel. The poor ice machines don't stand a chance during the weekend.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-06 12:47 pm   Permalink

12) Don't forget to bring your Bodyguards

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation