FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-04 8:23 pm   Permalink

Hi All!

Just a reminder that the Vicar and I will be teaching at Tiki Oasis the class Zombie Makeup 101: A killer combination of beauty and BRAAAAIIINS!!!

Be sure to join us on Saturday the 16th of August for Zombie Makeup 101! The class will teach the basics of zombie makeup for beginners. Theatrical-grade makeup will be provided during the seminar for participants to transform into their own reanimated creations.

IMPORTANT: Class size is limited to 20 people. A $25 pre-registration fee is required in advance. In order to ensure that we have adequate makeup supplies for the class, please note that CLASS PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, AUGUST 10th!

So come and learn how to transform from a Polynesian Pollyanna into a Ravishing Revenant! Come prettify and putrefy as we reveal secret necrosmetology tips for all you glamour ghouls and pretty-(zom)boys!

For more information on the class, and to register, please click on the link below:

http://www.tikioasis.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=5

Additional information, the class size is only 20 people not 25 as the TO website states and we decided not to make available take home kits.

If you are having problems signing up for the class please PM me your e-mail address and how many tickets you want and I will start making a list so that we can let you know when the registration link is fixed.

[ This Message was edited by: retrodiva 2008-08-05 08:29 ]

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilands
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:05 pm   Permalink

I am encountering a problem when I am trying to checkout to purchase two tickets for the Zombie event. It keeps directing me to Page cannnot be displayed. Anyone else having this problem?

View Profile of tikilands Send a personal message to tikilands  Email tikilands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:09 pm   Permalink

Melissa's post reminds me that I have been remiss in flogging my own event at Oasis. I have been working like crazy to make this something special that I hope you will all enjoy, so I will look forward to your company at my cocktail seminar as we discuss:

The Undead Cocktail: Understanding the Zombie and Why Three Rums are Better Than One.

Go deep inside the mind of Don The Beachcomber to discover why the Zombie is such a great drink, and learn the secrets to making exotic cocktails at home. Discover the balance of ingredients & techniques that will make your drinks stand out at your next Zombie party- your guests can't live on brains alone! And learn how to balance diverse rums to create exciting new taste profiles that will make your original creations the talk of the graveyard. Plus, tastings, hands-on fun, and lots of surprises*. Don't miss it!

Tickets and more:
http://www.tikioasis.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=4

*seriously!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-08-04 22:09 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-04 11:23 pm   Permalink

I can't checkout either. Same result. I emailed Otto to let him know.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 03:25 am   Permalink

So in all this chatter of Tiki Oasis, and room reservations, and room parties, and cool vending schtuff, I have NOT heard one word about the zombies! And I don't mean as in the libation. I mean the chase you down, eat your brain zombies! What will be in store for us as we immerse ourselves in a Voodoo Vacation on Zombie Island? Will there be slow moving zombies? Or fast moving zombies? Are slow moving zombies so slow moving because they are old farts? Are fast moving zombies just a bunch of bratty KoolKids? Is there a rivalry amongst the two tribes, like The Sharks vs. The Jets?

I may be confused about zombies, but I do know one thing:
They are coming to get you, Barbara!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-05 05:20 am   Permalink

They are even DownUnder.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-05 06:41 am   Permalink

The Zombies have been busy packing their suitcases for their vacation on VooDoo Island

(In the event that our room number changes, no-one will be notified! Just follow the smell of Fresh Brains and Zombie Punch!)

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 07:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-02 08:47, Tikirose wrote:
Will there be a shuttle bus from the hotel to the Bali Hai on Thursday night? If so, how does it work? Just hop on or do you need to buy a spot in advance?

Generally, you stagger out from the depths of the Bali Hai to find a bus waiting outside. You can then plop your alcohol-saturated carcass anywhere on the bus that has an empty seat and they will get you safely back to the hotel.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-05 08:20 am   Permalink

There will be ZOMBIES, oh yes there will!

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 08:39 am   Permalink

www.ifyouwereazombie.com

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 08:42 am   Permalink

I like turtles

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 08:48 am   Permalink

Get your I like turtles shirts here

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-05 11:07 am   Permalink

Do Zombies Like Turtles? and what the hail is Ghouligan's Hut???

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-05 03:25, Mai Tai wrote:
So in all this chatter of Tiki Oasis, and room reservations, and room parties, and cool vending schtuff, I have NOT heard one word about the zombies! And I don't mean as in the libation. I mean the chase you down, eat your brain zombies! What will be in store for us as we immerse ourselves in a Voodoo Vacation on Zombie Island? Will there be slow moving zombies? Or fast moving zombies? Are slow moving zombies so slow moving because they are old farts? Are fast moving zombies just a bunch of bratty KoolKids? Is there a rivalry amongst the two tribes, like The Sharks vs. The Jets?

I may be confused about zombies, but I do know one thing: They are coming to get you, Barbara!

Very interesting questions ya got there Bill!

I'd imagine the Zombies that are fast moving are the ones that bit and ate the brains of crackheads, while the slow moving zombies....well......the old farts theory is pretty good, unless someone else can bring up a good point?

Rivalry tho? Hmmmmm.....

"You're ignorant!" - Barbara
that movie is a riot!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 7:24 pm   Permalink

I've seen many REAL Zombies and I absolutely expect to see more at Oasis.

Contrary to popular belief, zombies do not come out at night. They can usually be seen stumbling around shortly after the sun comes up. Wandering around with glazed looks in their eyes not looking for fresh brains, instead moaning for something called "cof-E". I suggest avoiding them - its easy to get rid of them - they do not like bright light and loud noises. Most seem to wander off by mid morning but occasionally you will see one around noon or later. Luckily there is a cure - its a concoction who's main ingredient is "the hair of the dog". Other cures have been tested but HOD is the most effective. If you see a zombie - and they can be quite horrifying - point them quickly towards the bar and let the infection start all over!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation