FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 6:27 pm   Permalink

...what time can we start showing up at the hotel on Friday?

The party starts 6:45am Friday morning in Room 3974374-B. Bring swim flippers, 120 proof rum, peanut butter and earplugs.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-08 12:46 am   Permalink

Hi All!

Just another plug for the Zombie Makeup 101 seminar. The checkout links are working now and we are already over half full. There is still 3 days left to sign up for the class. Don't be the only zombieless kid on your block.

Melissa aka Miss Char

http://www.zombiepinups.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=39&page=1

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 04:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-07 16:52, weirduncletiki wrote:
Great photo, Crazy Al! Yoo Doo The VooDoo!

As for our little combo...

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa (aka the innocent victims stranded on Voodoo Zombie Island) will be performing our zippy, lovely, romantic, lively and fun brand of hapa haole Hawaiian tunes on Saturday, August 16 at Tiki Oasis.

2:00-3:00pm We'll be poolside at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Pull up a chaise lounge and slather on the tanning butter as you bask in our hot 'n sunny melodious melange.

6:00pm Join us as we take to the mainstage with a set of sweet as well as creepy new tunes, some of which which will appear on our upcoming new recording! Be the first to experience what we're cooking up (it's more than fish & poi!).

Be on the lookout for us at the various room parties, too. In fact, if you're hosting a room party, we'd love to play for you. Drop an e-mail or private message and let's make it happen!

Aloha and mahalo.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: weirduncletiki 2008-08-07 16:53 ]

Sounds great!
Judd, stop by the Finkniks booth. I have something for you.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Schooner or later

Posted: 2008-08-08 06:18 am   Permalink

Aloha.... We are again doing our fun shuttle
on Thursday Aug 14th from the hotel to the Bali Hai

SAVE $ AND BE SAFE
THE $16 ROUNDTRIP IS LESS THAN A TAXI TO SHELTER ISLAND

EMAIL us for a rundown on times (it runs back and forth all
beginning at 4:30pm)

The 4:30 pm will make stops at 2 colorful tiki shops and we will also include a fruitful drink at one of the stops.

Look for us in the Hotel Lobby Thursday from 4pm - 615pm
The fun button on
www.wheretours.com has more info

Have some fun out there!

View Profile of Schooner or later Send a personal message to Schooner or later  Goto the website of Schooner or later     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-08 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-07 16:52, weirduncletiki wrote:
Great photo, Crazy Al! Yoo Doo The VooDoo!

As for our little combo...

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa (aka the innocent victims stranded on Voodoo Zombie Island) will be performing our zippy, lovely, romantic, lively and fun brand of hapa haole Hawaiian tunes on Saturday, August 16 at Tiki Oasis.

2:00-3:00pm We'll be poolside at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Pull up a chaise lounge and slather on the tanning butter as you bask in our hot 'n sunny melodious melange.

6:00pm Join us as we take to the mainstage with a set of sweet as well as creepy new tunes, some of which which will appear on our upcoming new recording! Be the first to experience what we're cooking up (it's more than fish & poi!).

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: weirduncletiki 2008-08-07 16:53 ]

How bout a plug for the Uke Jam on sunday!?!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 11:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-07 18:27, Cammo wrote:
...what time can we start showing up at the hotel on Friday?

The party starts 6:45am Friday morning in Room 3974374-B. Bring swim flippers, 120 proof rum, peanut butter and earplugs.

Hey Cam, what's the peanut butter for? You bringing a little dog?

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 06:37 am   Permalink

ALOHA FRIENDS,
shake off that nasty hangover from saturday night and come have a cocktail poolside with the martini kings from noon sharp til 1 pm.
special guest dancer and more suprises!
see ya there!!!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 07:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-08 17:44, Otto wrote:

How bout a plug for the Uke Jam on sunday!?!

Well, I didn't want to overwhelm everyone with all the wonderfulness at once! So, here goes...

Come on out for the annual session of Iuka Grogg's Ukulele Fantasy Camp! Wether you've never strummed or are a virtuoso, there's much fun to be had from 2-3pm in the atrium at the Crowne Plaza. It's free and all you need is a ukulele! Celebrity camp counselors, too! Many smiles, many smiles. Enjoy!

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Schooner or later

Posted: 2008-08-09 08:16 am   Permalink

For the Thursday shuttle to the Bali Hai,
you can buy your tix ahead of time with a credit
card on line at

http://www.sandiegoperforms.com/ARTSTIX/onsale_today.html

scroll all the way down past the list of plays to get to the
Aug 14th Shuttle Listing.

We will also be in the Crowne Plaza lobby from 4pm to 6pm
and you will be able to get the tix when boarding the bus,
if available. Mahalo!

View Profile of Schooner or later Send a personal message to Schooner or later  Goto the website of Schooner or later     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-09 12:36 pm   Permalink

I could see myself speedswimming over the Atlantic and running across America to be able to join, buuuuuuut, it might be easier with an air-o-plane……!

– el Stingray –

View Profile of el Stingray Send a personal message to el Stingray  Goto the website of el Stingray     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 1:59 pm   Permalink

I hope I set this up correct! It would be cool to have everyone link their photos on Flickr so after the event we can easily check out eachothers cool shots!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/tikioasis/

Look forward to the fun times!

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 2:07 pm   Permalink

Is there anyone coming from the HOLLYWOOD/LA area on Wednesday night to Tiki Oasis? We need something picked up from our goodie bag in this area (one mediums sized box) BUT to get it in the goodie bag we need it by Thursday morning in San Diego.

If you can do it e-mail me at:
babydoe@babydoe.net

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 10:09 pm   Permalink

I may have space in my car if someone wants to carpool to San Diego....I'm going to leave on Thursday late morning early afternoon (from Burbank) once I get up from sleeping in cuz Wednesday night is my Bigfoot Lodge gig...I also may be looking for someone to share my room. Contact me here: lee@dionysusrecords.com

ALSO - I'm bringing a lot of CDs and 12"/7" vinyl to sell...surf and exotica stuff from Dionysus, Bacchus and a few Double Crown items. I'll also have the Robert Drasnin 7" picture disc (see Tiki Marketplace.)

My DJ set is on Saturday 3 pm - 6 pm.

Looking forward to this event and hanging with old and new pals....creating more amazing memories...blurry as they may be!!

L
www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 11:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-07 10:33, squid wrote:

Stop by and say "Howdy-loha"!

Baï and I have 2 nifty limited edition prints done up special for Tiki Oasis. Smaller format open edition prints will be available as well. Published by the kindly folk at thorstor.com.

And I'll have 3 spiffy new pendants and maybe a surprise or two!

Yer pal,
squid

Hey Dave can we get a little peek at the new stuff?

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 08:57 am   Permalink

So I promised a sneak peak at the trophies.

I won't show them in their full glory until Oasis,

But,

Here is a glimpse of what went into making them...

It started with a small mountain of hand carved and painted Bones...

Add in fragments of Coffins pushed up out of the dirt by the living dead...

and who could resist a few shrunken heads...

ahh, yes, and a Voodoo doll or two...

topped off by a bit of humorous art..

Good luck to all who enter the contests!

Cheers!

Tiki King

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki King 2008-08-11 09:42 ]

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation