FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 3:07 pm   Permalink

Hadn't thought about the Crazy Al resemblance. Must relate voodoo and Al in my sub-conscious or something.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SciFiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-14 08:36 am   Permalink

As a first-time Tiki Oasis attendee, I have a quick question: I'll be attending both the Friday and Saturday night events, but won't be staying at the hotel (I'm fortunate enough to live near the venue). I see the evening festivities start at 6 PM. Is food served at the shows, or should I eat dinner beforehand? I assume there will be drinks, but definitely don't want to imbibe on an empty stomach.

Thanks - very much looking forward to celebrating with everyone!

Jeff

View Profile of SciFiGuy Send a personal message to SciFiGuy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 09:36 am   Permalink

There's a restaurant at the hotel and sometimes they have grills set up outside as well.
Still it may be a good idea to eat something first. Depending on how much you intend to drink there may not be ENOUGH food.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 09:40 am   Permalink

I am a local too but I am staying at the hotel for the fun of it. I suggest eating prior to showing up. I am actually going to run home in the afternoon and load up on snacks. We ate once at the hotel last year and were not all that impressed.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:16 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! The SoccerTiki Mobile is packed (to the Max) and ready to go. Viva Tiki Oasis 8!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:25 pm   Permalink

Oh good , Soccertiki brought his vanity makeup mirror . Remember last year when he forgot it and sat the whole weekend in his room pouting .
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SciFiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-14 1:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the advice re: eating beforehand. We'll make sure to do so. Looking forward to the festivities!

Jeff

View Profile of SciFiGuy Send a personal message to SciFiGuy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 1:46 pm   Permalink

I'm bringing all of my food this year. Too much time was wasted, waiting to sit and be served and it really cut into my drinking and being an asshole time.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-14 1:56 pm   Permalink

Here's the page with some mugs for Oasis!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29476&forum=12&0

Can't wait!!!!! See you all there!

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 2:22 pm   Permalink

Here is a sample of some of my ceramics I will be selling on Saturday.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-14 3:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 14:22, johnnievelour wrote:
Here is a sample of some of my ceramics I will be selling on Saturday.

JohnnieVelour=surprise special guest vendor? Think I need another blood bowl!!

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 4:58 pm   Permalink

YES!... It turns me on to see all of this killa "hand built", and "thrown" clay work... There's just nothing like the feel of a hand built mug...bravo Tony and Johnnie!

Saw a great little article in the San Diego Weekly Reader today...here is the same article online...

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2008/aug/13/hilite/

See all you kiddies there!

Peace

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-08-14 17:07 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-14 11:52 pm   Permalink

Johnnievelour's the one that got me loving the Tiki bowls. I own two of his bests.... although that new stuff looks pretty sweet! Can't wait to see it in person

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 3:38 pm   Permalink

just got home from checking in and setting up my room. I got 8th floor above the stage, woohoo! If you see the balcony with the 4 Hawaiian sarongs on it and a few drunk girlies one is probably me. Heading back down to the hotel when my hubby gets home this evening.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 13:46, Billy the Crud wrote:
I'm bringing all of my food this year. Too much time was wasted, waiting to sit and be served and it really cut into my drinking and being an asshole time.

you dont need extra time being an asshole billy it comes natually ha-ha. on a serious note me and the mrs will be there sat we got to meet up sometime and do some seriouys drinking

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation