FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 9:42 pm   Permalink

here's a nice photo of you and grog. i think it was saturday night in 1849.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 9:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 21:35, Formikahini wrote:
AND I enjoyed meeting (almost) all the people I met this time...except the goobs who ruined our illicit Saturday night hottubbing with their cannonballs.
Get a clue, guys.

Hear, hear! Man, what fun is sneaking around if you're going to announce your presence with the aquatic version of an air horn? Those people are totally un-invited from my next caper.

Glad to hear your bag made it... my bag gave me a scare, too, but it turned out it'd just hopped an earlier flight back. It was much more eager to get home than I was.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Great time for the short time I was there.
Martin, your seminar rocked!
Grog, you know I love ya, but I'm gonna have to Photochop you from this photo. D) (nice pic pdrake)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 21:42, pdrake wrote:
here's a nice photo of you and grog. i think it was saturday night in 1849.

Great shot from the FOM room - 1649 - on Saturday night!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 22:25, croe67 wrote:

I think this one is too ~

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:35 pm   Permalink

this oasis was a blast compared to last years, then i didnt know anyone and i quietly carved my log in the parking lot, but this year it was rad hanging out with everyone and crawlin. A ton of thanks many times over to billy and grace for letting me stash my tikis and art in their room, and everything else. it was nice meeting abunch of new people, tiki lee thanks for the help trying to sell my stuff. mieko thanks for the musubi! thanks to everyone that bought a tiki or some art, thanks to monsters from mars, zombie surf camp, the creepy creeps, and the ghastlyones for playing (some of my favprite surf/garage bands) thanks cammo for the oki doki mug, buzzy thanks for the chippin males pic, im still laughing at how you signed it. im uploading pics right now, ill post those and more thank yous when i think of em!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:39 pm   Permalink

Between Hukilau, the Kona/ Hidden Village gig and this past weekend, I can honestly say that this has been one amazing Summer.

Why I've been sitting on the sidelines and not checking out Oasis all these years is beyond me, but I regret it now, after this weekend. Now, NO MORE missing Oasis for me!

Met lots of great peeps from TC....too many to mention, but big Mahalos to Jon Paul and Marie for introducing to everyone...man those 2 know EVERYBODY.

Music was great...especially touching was Robert Drasnin thanking everyone for making his later years exciting....He's one of the originals, and it was amazing to have an Exotica legend still around and willing to perform for us.
Waitiki and the other muzos did a great job bringing the Voodoo albums to life, even tho' the soundman missed alot of the cues.

Ghastly Ones - AWESOME !

King Kukulele was hilarious as usual.

Martini Kings...as always...awesome.

Bosko - symposium was great....Lots of info, and hearing the hostile tone in your voice when talking about today's lame-ass architecture really made your passion for the great design of the 50's and 60's even more apparent. Keep fighting the good fight Cuz !

Jeff Chenault - Really enjoyed the Exotica syposium...one question....Why NO mention of Esquivel ? I know he's more Space Age bachelor pad more than Exotica, but I think he warrants a mention.

I bought me some great stuff too....Gecko, Bosko, Buzzy, Hana Tiki...all good stuff.

Most memorable moment for me was getting into the elevator, seeing the doors close, and hearing the Mai Kai gents playing Blue Suede Shoes with a crowd of a dozen or so people singing along. If you would have told me 20 years ago that I would be in a lounge band, and Rock n' Roll would become elevator music I would've thought you were NUTS....oh the irony.

The room parties and all around drunken debauchery were a hoot to watch, and the Hanalei (I refuse to call it Crown Plaza) is a very nice place to spend a weekend of Tiki.

Great time, and I l can't wait to play next year's Oasis with the Orchestra.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-08-18 22:41 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 22:30, Bora Boris wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-18 22:25, croe67 wrote:

I think this one is too ~

GREAT shot

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slingerland61

Posted: 2008-08-18 11:35 pm   Permalink

My first year ...and my first post!
Wow! Whatta party!

[ This Message was edited by: Slingerland61 2008-08-18 23:37 ]

View Profile of Slingerland61 Send a personal message to Slingerland61  Goto the website of Slingerland61     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 22:35, tikithomas08 wrote:
this oasis was a blast compared to last years, then i didnt know anyone and i quietly carved my log in the parking lot, but this year it was rad hanging out with everyone and crawlin. A ton of thanks many times over to billy and grace for letting me stash my tikis and art in their room, and everything else. it was nice meeting abunch of new people, tiki lee thanks for the help trying to sell my stuff. mieko thanks for the musubi! thanks to everyone that bought a tiki or some art, thanks to monsters from mars, zombie surf camp, the creepy creeps, and the ghastlyones for playing (some of my favprite surf/garage bands) thanks cammo for the oki doki mug, buzzy thanks for the chippin males pic, im still laughing at how you signed it. im uploading pics right now, ill post those and more thank yous when i think of em!

Thomas, I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of your work and attitude towards everything. It was an honor to have you with us at the booth and we look forward to more events with you. All the pics are up on the carving page:

400 and something Oasis pics are here
http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers and I
will post some here when I can see straight. I have a HUGE thank-you memo to type up.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:03 am   Permalink

what a bash!!!
I have had many great Tiki Oasis years.
but this one is by far the best one for me.
and I didn't over do it, and go to the bad place.
Like "some did"
there seemed to be many people that were on a mission to not just get drunk,
but to really become Zombies by drinking way too much Rum/booze, and they succeeded.

All the Music was killer, Cudos to Otto for pushing the Limits.
I know there was a few older tiki peeps that thought it was a big too much.
but I think over all the music was a good match for the theme.

thanks to the Nor. Cal. guys for letting me crash in the room,
and djing your pre and after party,Sat.
and The Rum tasting event was really cool idea..

Thanks to Ran for the Many "Undead" drinks, truely awesome man.
and thanks to JonPaul and Marie for letting him use your room to serve in.

Thanks to all that came up and gave Kristena(tiki tena) and I the kind words on our DJ set on Sun. by the pool.
Its always nice to get Props for doing what you love.

I seriously Can't wait for Next years Tiki Oasis. I think I might just blow a gasket, and die.

Cheers to Otto and all that put this great event together, you made my weekend.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:13 am   Permalink

i knew i forgot a thank you. thanks jeff and tiki tena for dj'ing! from where i was i couldent hear too well from my booth, but for the most part i could hear your sets and they were killer. i forget who i was talking to at my booth but i stopped mid conversation, and said "hey this is the tiki tones! good song!"

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:18 am   Permalink

Thomas,
great seeing you again man,
your a cool dude.

I hope to see ya at many more tiki events and surf shows.

shoot me a e-mail at
bigtikidude@yahoo.com and I will keep ya filled in on whats doin surf show wise.

cheers
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:41 am   Permalink

dito, radd thanks dood!

and my oasis pictures are up on my myspace, you can check em out here

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=76937253&albumId=2230430

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-08-19 00:45 ]

Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:49 am   Permalink

Oh

My

GOD!

I just returned home from the Oasis tonite and it's 12:49 am and I can't sleep cause I've been up til like 3:00 am the past 4 nites! and I can't stop looking at all my pictures!

This was my first Oasis and I had THE best time.....my two girlfriends and I (who were also Oasis virgins) were a tad apprehensive cause we don't know a ton of tiki people (though we frequent FI fairly often) but everyone was super great and hospitable and we made several new friends. thank you to all the fabulous room hosts - that was definitely the highlight of the weekend for me (though I was never able to obtain a room card), especially stumbling into the afterparty in....16? with the Swank Bastards and Hula girl! the spontaneous elevator jam sessions.... the illicit pool hijinx on Friday.....

I took an assload of pics and will post the link to my Flickr page either tomorrow or Wednesday......

Back to reality.....(and no more rum for a LONG while....)

cheers everyone!

Dina

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation