FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Rumshaker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-11 4:23 pm   Permalink

WhooooHooooo!!!!!! Just booked the suite!!! Look out people, Rumshaker and my hubby are throwin' a party!! Lapu-Lapu's anyone?

View Profile of Rumshaker Send a personal message to Rumshaker  Email Rumshaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 4:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-11 13:53, tikiwinebear wrote:
Has anyone booked a suite (one or two room) yet? I see the regular rooms are $165 per night. What are suites going for?

I sent an email to Ashley to answer your question and here is her response:
Quote:

"The suites I have left are a one bedroom lanai which is on the first floor by the pool, it is at $400 plus tax per night. I also have one or two bedroom tower suites, which are on the higher floors facing the golf course those are at $450 for the one bedroom and $550 for the two bedroom. Also, we do charge one nights deposit for the suites."

So Myke, if you book a suite, I want the first drink you pour as my research fee.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mo-Eye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 5:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-11 13:53, tikiwinebear wrote:
Has anyone booked a suite (one or two room) yet? I see the regular rooms are $165 per night. What are suites going for?

I already booked our ground floor suite for vending. They are awesome for that purpose. Can't wait!!

View Profile of Mo-Eye Send a personal message to Mo-Eye  Goto the website of Mo-Eye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 6:35 pm   Permalink

Can't wait,
this is gonna be a great year Entertainment wise.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 8:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks, JenTiki! We were thinking about hosting in a suite this year, but maybe we will wait for the suite for next year. The first drink will still be on me, JT! Thanks for checking..

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-11 11:56 pm   Permalink

here is the post I sent to my email list. it contains some valuable hotel booking info so read the whole thing.

Tiki Oasis 8
Take a Voodoo Vacation on zombie Island*
is the theme for this year's Oasis weekender
thursday August 14 - sunday August 17
San Diego

As usual we are offering the top entertainment in the Tiki-Exotica-Lounge world
Voodoo night (aka Friday night) special appearance by none other than legendary "Voodoo" creator Robert Drasnin
http://www.myspace.com/drasnin

On Zombie Night (Saturday) right after the best dressed Zombie & Ghouls contest we will have a rare appearance of The Ghastly Ones
http://www.ghastlyones.com/

Of course we will also be offering a full house of high quality vendors and Exotica experts presenting educational symposiums. (Tickets for the symposiums are not available at this time. We will post then and announce them via this email list when they are ready).

Check the website for details. Site will be updated as additional information becomes available

The Tiki Oasis 8 site is a Flash website so may have to updated your Flash Player software
you can upgrade here:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Please keep in mind that all attendees, whether you are booked into the hotel or not, must have a ticket to attend Friday and Saturday nights events.

Hotel booking improvements
The standard room rate of $165/night is discounted over last year which was already a discount over regular summertime rates for the Crowne Plaza (and San Diego in general). Also, the hotel booking policy has been altered significantly to benefit you - the guest. The hotel does NOT charge your credit card upon booking, so book your room immediately. Like most standard hotel bookings, your credit card will only be charged after your stay (there will be a hold on the reservation amount upon check in). Even the cancellation fee period has been reduced to a two-week grace period:
Cancellations received after August 1, 2008 will be charged a cancellation fee of $330.00

The preferred method of booking is online but if all else fails you may call the hotel directly at 619-297-1101 or 800-882-0858 ask for in house group reservations, or Ashley.

(DO NOT call the general Crowne Plaza number listed on their website 800-496-7621)

The hotel has 8 suites - If you wish to book a suite please contact Ashley directly

Two (2) Night Minimum Stay required for rooms occupied on Friday & Saturday nights.

If you wish to book a specific room number you can make that request when you book online and it will be granted AS POSSIBLE but the only way to really secure that room is to book early and arrive early. If you are only staying Friday and Saturday then the earlier in the day on Friday that you arrive for check-in the more likely the chance you will be able to secure the room number you request. you can arrive at 8 am and check in even though you will not be able to get into the room until official check-in time of 4:00 pm. For guests arriving earlier than the check-in time or staying later than the check-out time, luggage storage will be offered. Check-out time is 12:00 pm.

Tiki Oasis is also seeking volunteers to help manage events. If you wish to volunteer please email me at: otto@tikinews.com

Hope to see you this summer!
Otto von Stroheim

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 03:19 am   Permalink

My room is booked! This is gonna be another fun year at Tiki Oasis!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RumMonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-14 08:53 am   Permalink

WHOOOOOOO....
I can't wait !!! <that smile is WAY bigger in person!

I'll be booking tomorrow at some point.

Mmmm....zombies!

*and this years mug is incredible!

View Profile of RumMonkey Send a personal message to RumMonkey  Email RumMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-16 11:51 pm   Permalink

Hanford will be there

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2008-03-17 12:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-16 23:51, Otto wrote:
Hanford will be there

Damn you beat me to it.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-17 12:54 am   Permalink

wow I booked..... amazing

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-17 1:22 pm   Permalink

Hi there,

So my 2 friends and I are attending Tiki Oasis this year for the first time, and we have some questions in regard to the tickets. Perhaps some wise T.O. veteran or Otto can provide some insight?

The $40 ticket gets you in to the Friday and Sat night events. We can attend the vending since we will be staying at the hotel. Any symposium we wish to attend will cost extra, yes?

The $110 is the same as the $40 ticket BUT you get a mug....right?

The $150 ticket gives you carte blanche to everything.

At this point I/we aren't sure if we want to attend ALL the symposiums (as they haven't all been posted yet obviously), or just want to pick a couple, or what. I'm afraid if I just get the $40 (or 110) ticket then I will miss out on some cool stuff, but if I splurge on the $150 and then don't end up attending it all I will feel guilty.

I'm sorry if these questions will be answered in the near future and I am in a hot hurry but I just want to get my tikis in a row, ya know?

Thank you, from a Tiki Oasis virgin

dina

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 1:35 pm   Permalink

Booked and ready to finally make it down for a TO...it's been years coming! Can't wait!!

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-18 12:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-17 13:22, Tiki Glam wrote:
At this point I/we aren't sure if we want to attend ALL the symposiums (as they haven't all been posted yet obviously), or just want to pick a couple, or what. I'm afraid if I just get the $40 (or 110) ticket then I will miss out on some cool stuff, but if I splurge on the $150 and then don't end up attending it all I will feel guilty.

Thank you, from a Tiki Oasis virgin :)

This is a somewhat difficult and personal decision. I highly recommend the mug, so the $110 ticket is a no-brainer. the mug is the best keepsake from the event and it is collectable and it is cool. Did you see the pix on tikiblog.com?

As for the symposiums, that is true, you may not want to go to all of them. BUT the VIP pass entitles you to fast track line that allows you to show up at the last minute, get in a short line, and still get a good seat!!

so what is THAT worth to you?

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-18 12:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-18 00:32, Otto wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-03-17 13:22, Tiki Glam wrote:

Thank you, from a Tiki Oasis virgin

This is a somewhat difficult and personal decision. I highly recommend the mug, so the $110 ticket is a no-brainer. the mug is the best keepsake from the event and it is collectable and it is cool. Did you see the pix on tikiblog.com?

As for the symposiums, that is true, you may not want to go to all of them. BUT the VIP pass entitles you to fast track line that allows you to show up at the last minute, get in a short line, and still get a good seat!!

so what is THAT worth to you?

$110.00 2X's

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation