FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Hot Rods, Hot Dogs, Tikis, and Live Music! Saturday December 15, 2007 San Diego
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hot Rods, Hot Dogs, Tikis, and Live Music! Saturday December 15, 2007 San Diego
TikiLand

Posted: 2007-11-19 9:00 pm   Permalink

Tiki Land, in association with Hot Rod Surf, present an all day extravaganza!!!

Come join us for a full day of Custom Cars, Custom Made Tiki Products, Food, and Rock n' Roll!!!!

Featuring:
Custom Hot Rods and Choppers!
Babalu's Hot Dog Cart!
Live tiki carving demonstrations!
Tiki Vendors-Do all your Xmas shopping in one place, on one day!
and Live Music!

Free parking across the street at the Kobeys Sports Arena I Pay One Center Parking Lot

More details to follow...

Tiki Land

[ This Message was edited by: TikiLand 2007-11-19 23:19 ]

View Profile of TikiLand Send a personal message to TikiLand  Email TikiLand Goto the website of TikiLand     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 9:15 pm   Permalink

ooh ooh what bands?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 05:35 am   Permalink

I'm there!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 08:32 am   Permalink

Last time I went to one these, I ended up spending way too much money at Tikiland. If I go again, I'll leave me credit cards at home as I apparently have no self control.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-20 08:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-19 21:15, bigtikidude wrote:
ooh ooh what bands?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Rockabilly Bands?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 10:09 am   Permalink

yes or possibly surf bands GROG, they do cross over into car culture as they cross over into tiki culture.

I call it the Holy Trinity.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 10:37 am   Permalink

Last I heard, the band was supposed to be Deadbolt...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 11:06 am   Permalink

So far it's Deadbolt, and this is from Wikipedia, believe it or not;

Deadbolt is a rock band from San Diego, California, U.S.A.. They describe themselves as "The Scariest Band in the World". The band often features two bass players who are called "The Wall of Thunder."

Deadbolt's music combines surf rock, goth, psychobilly and blues sound with unusual and offbeat lyrics, a style the band dubbed "voodoobilly." Besides the release of several CDs, the band has toured both North America and Europe extensively.

Voodoobilly?!

The daytime band lineup may be all ukulele. It's getting thrown together right now.

And - Tikiland is stockpiling cheapo Tiki Objects D'Arte, great stocking stuffers. This is going to be one LARGE party, it's like Tikiland's Christmas Office Bash.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 08:55 am   Permalink

This sounds pretty cool . . . we might have to fink about this one .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-21 08:55, mike-stobbe wrote:
This sounds pretty cool . . . we might have to fink about this one .

Finkniks are definitely A GO! (say yes to make it official) I mentioned this to sleestack a while ago, so i hope you guys are A GO! And is it -kniks or -knicks

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-21 1:52 pm   Permalink

I'm going to try and make this.

Here is a pic of a "hot rod" VW with tikis next to it. This is from the VW Classic in Irvine.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 2:58 pm   Permalink

Oh, I wouldn't miss this for the world, man. Best of BOTH worlds. Hotrods and Tikis. Save me a spot because I'm cutting my Vacation short to make it back and carve at this event.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-24 12:45 pm   Permalink

What will the parking be like at this event? I may bring my own hot rod but I want to make sure there is a safe spot to park while I shop.

[ This Message was edited by: catmomma 2007-11-24 12:46 ]

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-24 1:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-24 12:45, catmomma wrote:
What will the parking be like at this event? I may bring my own hot rod but I want to make sure there is a safe spot to park while I shop.

If you would like to bring your hot rod and display it in the closed parking lot where the event will be held for the day, they are asking that you show up between 930 -1030am to get a spot. Those spots are first come first serve and are primarily for people who want to exhibit their cars as part of the show/event for the whole day. Regular parking for the event is free, plentiful, and will be available directly across the street at the Kobeys Swap meet/Sports arena parking lot. There are a few thousand empty spaces so there will be plenty of room to avoid door dings and such. Even with a big swap meet that day, less than a quarter of the lot will be used. There is also a lot of parallel parking available all along Hancock St. as you approach the event site

See you there...
Buzzy Out!

catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-24 2:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the offer! I am throwing a big Holiday Hukilau at my house that evening so I don't think I can stay all day at the car show. I think we will just show up at opening and park the Mustang across the street.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation