FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events san diego december chop, saturday the 15th final details!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
san diego december chop, saturday the 15th final details!!!!
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 01:20 am   Permalink

Rockin the pink here, babs.......gonna miss ya for Xmas. PM me for contacts in London.........Masonic daughters,man. Good people!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-10 11:09, Billy the Crud wrote:
Yes, I will be marketing my very first pendant at your event, Clyde. Buzzy left a floater in the toilet the last time I was over and I made a little man out of it and cast it into 50 pendants.

Wow. I'm surprised the "floatiki" was dry in time. I cannot wait to see it stained. It had some good grain in it.

I love fiber!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 10:12 am   Permalink

I love fiber too!! That is why I take Metamucil once a day for regularity.

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2007-12-11 10:12 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 5:49 pm   Permalink

hey buzzy could you bring a second log for me? im bringing a friend who wants to try his hand at choppin. also would any one have a spare carvers mallet to lend my friend for the day? thanks

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 6:09 pm   Permalink

Hey Buzz,

Are you going to be doing Black Velvet Young Asian Boy Paintings too???

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 11:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-11 18:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hey Buzz,
Are you going to be doing Black Velvet Young Asian Boy Paintings too???

I'm going to have to see Angelina Jolie does it, because I'm having trouble getting any agencies to take me seriously when I inquire about adopting some young asian boys to be my models. I'm surprised a single old white guy like me can't order up a couple shirtless 13 year olds from Cambodia to do some tastful posing. Thought they had a bunch of extras over there or something. Maybe I'll take a journey of discovery in Thailand and see if I can capture the essence of a young asian boy on velvet, because all I can get here are Chinese exchange student girls and a some Estonian mail order brides, and neither of those work well on black velvet.
And also,.... hang on, the FBI's at the door....

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-13 3:02 pm   Permalink

Buzzy TPTB must have seen your pin-up...Once this kind of thing hits the internet it is extremely hard to get the 13yr Asian boys...

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-13 6:14 pm   Permalink

If you all can take your eyes off the preceeding post for a couple moments, here's some final details:

Start Time:
The Hot Rod Surf Dudes and Cobain from TikiLand said they will be there in the morning at about 7:30. I'd suggest showing up after 830, just to make sure. Just make sure you are there by noon, because that is when the lot will be closed and you'll have to lug your stuff in from where you park. Please unload your stuff behind Tikiland and then park on Hancock or the Sports Arena lot.

Choppers Location:
Choppers will be in the 8-10 parking spaces that border the Tikiland back wall. There will be some big grass huts there, but those who planned on bringing pop ups, please do so still. We may need those if we are too cramped and for other vending/food areas. We have grass tops to throw on them to make it look all nice.

Directions:
From I-5 going south: Take Interstate 8 / Rosecrans exit off I-5 and go on Rosecrans ramp from right lane. Stay right and turn on the first right with a light, Hancock St., after the Dennys and Jack in the Box, but before the Les Girls Nude Girls sign. Stay on Hancock as it winds around and look for 3760 Hancock. First building is the Boat Store in big letters. Turn into the lot where you see the land rover sign and the chop area will be on the right.

From all areas north of Interstate 8, execept the 5, go south on whatever freeway goes south until you hit I-8. Go west until you see the Rosecrans exit right after you hit the I-5. Merge right to turn on Hancock St.after the Dennys and Jack in the Box, but before the Les Girls Nude Girls sign. Stay on Hancock as it winds around and look for 3760 Hancock. First building is the Boat Store in big letters. Turn into the lot where you see the land rover sign and the chop area will be on the right.

From south of 8: I have no idea...

Entertainment:
Besides the carvers, the bands will start at 1. There will be some old cars, and maybe a real loud dragster.

Logs:
I have logs for those who asked, but I'm asking a ten dollar donation for each log be made to offset the catering costs.

Vending:
If you're selling, please post what you are bringing on the other event thread.

Food:
We have food, but please your own drinks just in case. There is an Am /pm within reasonable walking distance too.

Weather: Forcast says sunny. Bring a jacket because sometimes there's a breeze there, and as the sun sets, it gets cold.

I think that's it.

Buzzy Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-13 18:16 ]

TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 4:37 pm   Permalink

Alright. I have to skip this one. I picked up a cold earlier this week, and I've got the cough and all, so I think I gotta stay home tomorrow
Have fun without me....

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 5:46 pm   Permalink

I like hot rods. They're groooovy.

I like Ed Roth. He was so cool. Did you know he once worked for Knotts Berry Farm?

I like Rat Fink. Ed drew the first one on a fridge. As a kid, it was the first model I ever made, and probably the best.

I like just about anything Big Daddy ever did. His time was never wasted. He was a big guy in every way. I think he made 4 Beatnik Bandits. You couldn't sit in the first one; it was just for show. They still crammed models into it, but the girls had to slump down and flatten their legs against the floor. This later one looks drivable.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 6:55 pm   Permalink

I believe the Beatnick Bandit was the 1st model I ever built (then came the Batmobile!)

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 7:38 pm   Permalink

T-Bird, YOU ARE GOD.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-14 18:55, T_birdman wrote:
I believe the Beatnick Bandit was the 1st model I ever built

I bought the Road Agent model and it was missing that little trim piece that hinges the bubble top to the body, so I sent away to Revell for a replacement. Construction was suspended for 6 weeks. It drove me crazy!

http://www.mrgasser.com/roadagent.htm

I think my fave though was the Beatnik Bandit because the decals made it look so much like the real thing (genius on Roth & Revell's part).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 11:12 pm   Permalink

cant wait! ready to chop some wood, and spend some cash

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-15 10:23 am   Permalink

Have fun today Kids!
Hope y'all meet both new and old friends,and make some Holiday spending cash!
You guys handle Cali's lower half and Clys,the Toe,and myself will cover the OC area today....
Mission:California Tiki Saturation is in full effect!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation