FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why Disneyland Sucks
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Why Disneyland Sucks
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 01:12 am   Permalink

Here's the details on the changes:
http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2008/03/world-of-tears.html
(Besides, what's one less rainforest? It's not like they're endangered or anything.)

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 08:04 am   Permalink

Vintagegirl is SO cool she'd freeze espresso in August.

Here's a picture from her link of exactly what will be replacing the tropical section on Small World!!!!

It's a FARM and the Statue of Liberty! No cowboys, no gangsters, no fun anywhere. Even the stupid horse looks bored. And the colors & design are just terrible.

And apparently the whole idea of redoing Small World includes inserting Mickey and Friends into sections of the rides, making it into one big "window display" for more plush toys!

This has angered designers at Disney so much there's already a campaign on within the company to stop it before it's too late!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 12:00 pm   Permalink

This is pretty horrible. I haven't scanned the entire thread, so, where do I write? Who do I write? I want to be vocal about this. I will send a letter ten feet tall if I have to.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 3:32 pm   Permalink

Lets find out who's responsible, write to that person, and write to their boss as well. Then do it again.

What would really burn their executive butts is to have a big legal rally right at the main gate, with protest signs reading "Disneyland SUCKS" and "Bring Back It's a Small World" and "Walt is Crying up in the Big Amusement Park in the Sky".

They HATE protests. It gets in the news and they look like money grubbing third rate carny barkers, driving black BMWs of course.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 4:50 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that farm scene seems pretty "third rate carny". In fact, I think I saw the same display at Busch Gardens, texas.

Please tell me that was just a horrible joke! They are not really putting that in the ride, right????????

Please?????

God?????

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 11:50 pm   Permalink

I've been looking at that picture. It isn't all about the farm.

It's a horse's ass. That's the joke. It's a butt joke. The horse has a big butt. It's supposed to be funny. No kidding, that's what they want you to laugh at. The big horse ass.

Mary Blair is one of the greatest designers of all time. This ride was her dream come true, her and Rolly Crump worked on it late every day. It's perfect. She's a genius. They did an art book on her recently, with a forward by Roy Disney. It's an amazing book, inside you find she even designed a jazz opera by Duke Ellington.

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 06:34 am   Permalink

It's getting violent there, too!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340229,00.html

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 07:39 am   Permalink

Y'know, Pixar's John Lasseter must know about these changes to Small World. He's the new Disneyland creative head, supposedly.

Is he good creative head, or a bad creative head?

Time to find out.

Are Pixar movies genuinely funny, original, and full of progressive animation, or cheap, crude and full of stolen ideas?

Hmmm...

procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 09:11 am   Permalink

I'm writing John Lasseter and Imagineering, both. Maybe some others.

I urge anyone writing to emphasize the POSITIVE in their letters: The reason so many people are concerned about this is that they LOVE the original concept of "It's A Small World" and LOVE its scenes as they were originally created. Emphasize what Disney did RIGHT the first time around, and, to my thinking, this will help the current staff to understand the importance of leaving this section of the ride as it is.

The original ride is a perfect, balanced vision of friendship and harmony. It's a joy to behold! It should continue to be this way.

[ This Message was edited by: procinema29 2008-03-22 09:13 ]

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-19 9:22 pm   Permalink

Ive just read through this entire thread. Really good reading, thanks to all of you. So much has changed at Disneyland since the last time I was there, which was some time in the 80s.

During the 1960s my father was an Aero Space Engineer for Lockheed here in Burbank. They had Lockheed Day at Disneyland where the park was open only for Lockheed employees and their families. We had never been to Disneyland before and were simply amazed by the wonderment of it all. What fun and magic it was for my two sisters and I. We went wild running from ride to ride and land to land. There was no waiting in line and no tickets to give so some rides we went on two or three times in a row. My favorite was Mr. Toads Wild Ride. My family stayed all day and into the evening until closing. Being my first experience of Disneyland and I had no idea that on regular days there were many more people. My later visits to the Magical Kingdom were fun, but could never top the joy we had on our first time to Disneyland, on Lockheed Day.

MrsHoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-05-01 10:30 am   Permalink

I miss the early days, when the costumes were much more sinister.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 9:04 pm   Permalink

I wasn't sure where to ask this since there's no threads that pertain to the topic but what ever happen to the awesome tiki show they used to have? I remember it was in the lake/pond on the grounds of the disney hotel which had a fire dancers, outriggers, and hula girls with big boobies. I watched this show several times since my church (Melodyland) was just across the street going up. I would love if someone could share something and let me get my childhood jollys covered.

Regards,

Joe *me is drunk*

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-27 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-26 21:04, Coco Joe wrote:
I wasn't sure where to ask this since there's no threads that pertain to the topic but what ever happen to the awesome tiki show they used to have? I remember it was in the lake/pond on the grounds of the disney hotel which had a fire dancers, outriggers, and hula girls with big boobies. I watched this show several times since my church (Melodyland) was just across the street going up. I would love if someone could share something and let me get my childhood jollys covered.

Regards,

Joe *me is drunk*

I remember a Polynesian dinner show next to the Tiki Room with fire dancers and hula girls. It was "sponsored by Kikkoman" and had mediocre food but the best coffee. Sometime in the early '90's it became the Aladdin dinner show. I don't remember one occuring on the grounds of the Disneyland Hotel.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-26 21:04, Coco Joe wrote:
... what ever happen to the awesome tiki show they used to have? ...

Regards,

Joe *me is drunk*

The Tahitian Terrace show?

Yesterland: Adventureland

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2009-01-27 11:27 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 6:16 pm   Permalink

It wasn't the Tahitian Terrace show.

There used to be a small lake in the middle of the Disneyland Hotels where at night they would start the show by rowing out a outrigger (or maybe just a canoe) then would have fire dancing and hula dancers.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation