FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why Disneyland Sucks
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
Why Disneyland Sucks
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-07 4:24 pm   Permalink

actually, one of my suggestions may have come true. No more fantasmic gypsy camp allowed. (see my selfie bump below to see the original rant)

"Parades: Once a month, not every night. I was laughing at Tom Slick's account of trying to "outrun" the parade. It rarely works. I know. I have tried! The parade is everywhere, and the employees with the safety cone lights are everywhere, and it all happens simultaneously. You only have a narrow window to make your move.

Strollers: You can't bring your own. You have to rent the small, reasonably sized stroller. They will be 20 bucks, which is perfectly fair since that is just about the going rate for a babysitter.

Tomorrowland: Paint it white.

Haunted Mansion: Never convert it to nightmare before christmas again.

Toys: Buzz lightyear toys can only be sold outside the astroblaster rides, and nowhere else in the park.

Remove the vegetables in tomorrowland: Replace them with the space age ferns and philodendrons that used to be there. Donate the vegetables to a homeless shelter.

Reopen rides you shut down for no real good reason, like the peoplemover and the skyway. I don't care if anyone dies on them anymore. It thins the herd, and no one needs more herd-thinning then a 70,000 member audience!

Entrance gates and ride capacity: Keep all the gates open. Use the supermarket philosophy: You see more then three at a check stand, open another!

New Orleans square: Fantasmic: once a month, not every night. The Woodstock-like gypsy camp that the guests set up in front of the river, HOURS before the show starts is a travesty. They need to call INS and haul all those people away for deportation. I am talking about the caucasian, American citizen guests. Haul everyone away! And take their filthy towels, carpets, mats and pillows away too! How did they smuggle that stuff in anyway? Are they the reason the security checkpoint line is so long, as they go through each article of clothing and bedding?

Balloons and Churros: No more balloons allowed. The kids bring them in the lines for the rides, where they constantly bump against you. Later, when they escape from the hands of the kids, they sail high into the air and land in the cleveland national forest where a deer chokes on them and dies. The churros: My kid always asks for one, and then eats only the first 1/3. We are stuck with the rest of it. I clocked my time in one churro line, and it was 23 minutes. 23 minutes for 1/3 a churro? That's fuzzy math! The employee was going as slow as humanly possible. People were buying 10-20 churros at a time, just before the fantasmic show, and this guy was moving at a snail's pace with this sad sort of smile on his face.

No more McDonalds: McDonalds is not Tiki, .....ahem, I mean not DISNEY!

Jungleboat cruise: Stop the madness! The jokes are only funny if you actually have people with comic timing. "Let's see if I can translate what they are saying.......nope!" You have to put a decent pause in there, when you do that line. And clean out the microphones. I can't even understand what you are saying! Thurl Ravencroft's original recording of the ride narrrative is excellent. Why not go back to playing it straight? And the brief spurt of mist as you enter the jungle? Last time I checked, it's always raining in a real rainforest. How come only the giant spiders get wet? Soak those guests the whole time! As one poster said, the smell of Disney water is one of the few excellent things they still do. Chlorine and anti-fungul chemicals are delicious! Drop buckets on the passengers! "

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2017-03-07 16:25 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-17 09:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-03-07 16:24, lucas vigor wrote:

Strollers: You can't bring your own. You have to rent the small, reasonably sized stroller. They will be 20 bucks, which is perfectly fair since that is just about the going rate for a babysitter

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2017-03-07 16:25 ]

Thanks for the heads up on this article on that other social media

Orange County Register: Consider leaving the stroller at home when you visit Disneyland

[ This Message was edited by: King Bushwich the 33rd 2017-05-17 09:52 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-17 11:57 am   Permalink

Vindication!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-17 3:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Orange County Register: Consider leaving the stroller at home when you visit Disneyland

I think this qualifies better under the category: Why people suck

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-17 4:35 pm   Permalink

I've made those suggestions about not bringing kids until they're old enough to walk and tall enough to get on all the rides, and got frickin' excoriated on Disney fan sites for it. "Disneyland is for kids!" Yeah, kids... not the neonatal.

Disney Announces Small World Stroller Parking Structure

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-18 07:36 am   Permalink

The stroller problem has nothing to do with babies, believe it or not.

Very few people bring 3 month old kids to the park because of the constant attention they need; the parents can't go on rides and if they do they have to saddle one parent with the baby and these greedy parents don't like that.

The real problem is that parents are now bringing strollers to cart around 12 year olds.

It's incredible, but I see it every time. Kids who can barely fit into a stroller get wheeled around every day and are told that they can't leave the stroller without permission. I've seen kids get yelled at and hit for leaving the stroller, looking at the various things passing by wishing they could get out and investigate but mommy won't let them out.

The parents obviously want to be at Disneyland themselves and see it as a horrible liability to have to bring the kid, and simply use the stroller as some kind of holding device. It keeps the kid in check and carries food and drinks in the pack section at the back, so it's much cheaper than renting a locker (which is what I do every time) - and the stroller can be pushed in front of them like a big bumper car.

It also means that the parents don't have to listen to the kids whining because the kid is up front out of sight.

And the parents don't have to demonstrate nonexistent discipline skills when they tell the kid to do something and the kid does not listen. They don't want to yell at them like at home or hit them so it's the stroller instead.

I've wanted to do a series of pics of big kids in strollers but it's getting so ridiculous now people would think I'm actually posing the shots. I've actually seen teenagers getting pushed around in strollers by Grandmas. I've seen 3 10-year olds packed into one stroller hitting each other because they're so frustrated that they are not allowed out.

And I've always wanted to simply follow a stroller parent with a big kid inside and just see where they are always rushing to. Where are they going in such a flurry? What DOES the kid get to do? Do they stay in the stroller all day? Why exactly ARE they bringing it?.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-18 08:36 am   Permalink

Because the parents are the ONLY thing that matters...THEY are important. Plus God forbid they actually have to parent.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-18 12:57 pm   Permalink

Excellent posts from Cammo and OGR!

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-18 1:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Lucas...BTW, I really like the playing of Bruce Thomas...is that bad?

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-18 8:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-05-18 07:36, Cammo wrote:
The stroller problem has nothing to do with babies, believe it or not...

I've seen too-old kids in strollers but had no idea that is really what's going on. Holy smokes.

I don't blame the babies for the strollers, of course. I generally figure that it's parents who don't want to let their own kids prevent them from visiting Disneyland (and the ones who more generously want to get pictures of their wee ones with Mickey and such things). They wanna' go, and damned be anyone, including their own child, from getting in the way. I had no idea it extended to 10 year olds or older.

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-20 9:36 pm   Permalink

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201705/5579/

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-29 6:13 pm   Permalink

The auction scene will be changed in Pirates of the Caribbean

MiceAge: Final Auction Coming Soon to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom

But what does the Redhead want!?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-29 7:37 pm   Permalink

(This redhead says:) If I hadn't seen the Dickies "controversy," this would've been the dumbest thing I'd seen all day.

I just wasn't made for these times.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-06-30 07:42 am   Permalink

I love it! a smoking baby!
You can't even show people smoking on TV these days.

Yet "The housewives of" shows can show trashy women beating the heck out
of each other and being total sluts and that's fine.
In fact they add a new Housewives show every year it seems.
I guess violent out of control slut women sells.

Why would those shows not bring the same outrage that this Disney attraction does?
Selective Political Correctness at it's best.

So are young women going to see that and think that's how the wives of today act?
You can bet MANY will do just that.

Fine TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhQIZmkgDQ

HA! it says...
"real babies should NEVER smoke!" on the box.
I guess in this day and age some idiot would let their baby smoke and then sue these
guys for making this item as it lead to their baby smoking.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-30 2:53 pm   Permalink

To keep up with modern sensibilities, they're making the Redhead a killer.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation