FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 04:32 am   Permalink

Awesome Heather.
The lighting emotes a wonderful story! I concoct that the trio are gliding through a cavern in the depths of a volcanic mountain. Moonlight filters through a 'skylight' opening, catching the drummer as they quietly glide through the water. The trio raise their faces to the cool light of the evening, hoping for a reviving breeze. Far below them in the depths of the water, molten lava precariously bubbles into the waters. The water is warmed by the flow, producing an eery light and stifling heat. The slow cadence of the drum echoes through the cavern, even the normally squawky parrot is calmed and hypnotized by the moment. What adventure lies for them as they travel deeper into the mountain?

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 08:06 am   Permalink

wow. I love the drummer. Very very fine art.
So this one is not for sale, right ?
Do you have any for sale ?
Thanks.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ahvyna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-17 12:54 pm   Permalink

Can't take my eyes off the screen! They're stunning here and I'll bet the pics don't do them justice. Amazing.

View Profile of ahvyna Send a personal message to ahvyna  Goto the website of ahvyna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-17 5:26 pm   Permalink

these r looking soooo sweet.

i saw the 'Mask' one at the M Modern joint and seeing it on the ol' CRT just doesn't do the dimensionality of the black velvet justice.

can't wait to see more down at T-O-8!!!!

alohas, t

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-05 7:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Heather, just spotted your work, Amazing, I have always had an inkling to have a go at a velvet painting, your work inspires me to even more. Love the technique, lighting and the interpretation of your subjects, blaze away!.

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-05 11:14 pm   Permalink

Wow!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 12:57 pm   Permalink

Hi Guys! I've been immersed in painting for a while and missed all these great comments. Will reply soon... also I'm going to start posting a few of my Oasis velvets on this thread... just a few teasers. Maybe some sketches too!

Some other exciting news. Earlier this year I indicated I was working on a few projects that were hush hush at the time. One is ready to be unveiled and will be available at Tiki Oasis 8! I swiped this write-up off the Dionysus website... hope you don't mind, DJLee!

It's a Bob Drasnin “Voodoo!” pic disc, limited hand numbered edition of 525, with the tracks “Voodoo!” from his first album, and “Moorean Moonbeams” from “Voodoo II.” Features art by SHAG and Heather Watts! You can find this new release in our shopping cart. Don’t miss Bob Drasnin performing live at TIKI OASIS, August 15- 17 . Artist Heather Watts will be selling art, prints and jewelry and Lee from Dionysus will be at the Tiki News vending booth with lots of exotica and surf records and CDs for sale!

For any of you that won't be at Oasis, Bob Drasnin & I will also be doing a signing August 22 6 – 8 pm at La Luz de Jesus, Los Angeles. The disc is also available at the Dionysus Records Website and retails for $9.99:
http://www.dionysusrecords.com/

Heather Watts Side B

SHAG Side A

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 11:11 pm   Permalink

Wow, Heather! You just go from strength to strength!

SPECTACULAR new stuff! I've always been a big admirer of your work, but these new velvets are so striking and magical!

You've truly mastered the medium & used it in your own unique way. And I don't say that lightly.

Edgar Leeteg would be proud!

Now if I only had enough bucks to afford an ORIGINAL! (Well, I can always DREAM!)

At least I'll get one of your t-shirts at Oasis!

Cheers & Mahalo!

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 6:59 pm   Permalink

Side A & Side B, I think they got those backwards.

Shag got spanked. I almost feel that the Shag side kinda ruins the great mystic beauty of the Art called "Side B" But it is the logo for the album so I guess it can stay.

Will be checking back to see that preview Heather. Even though the velvet is your newer works, I think its your true calling

~teaKEY

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 7:09 pm   Permalink

Very Very Nice!

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 11:42 am   Permalink

Looks like Lee posted the pic disc here too:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29408&forum=12

And info for the signing:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29428&forum=17&2

Okay! I still haven't gotten a chance to reply to all these great comments... but it may have to wait till post-Oasis. I'm skipping out of here tomorrow morning and still have TONS to do! But right now it's time to post some velvets... just sizing my scans! Won't be a minute!

Here's just a sneak peek for you of four of the pieces I'll be bringing. Lots more to see at the event! And I'll try and post some after too for folks that can't make Oasis.

Coco Joe's Lava Canoe (Rhinestone Eyes)

Headhunter

Siamese Twins (Rhinestone Eyes)

The Sun God's Journey

There's also two posted here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=26337&forum=17&start=270

Okay! That's all I have time for now.

I'm bringing just over 20 pieces with prices ranging from around $120 to $600+. Get to the booth on time Saturday morning to take your pick, but I'm hoping I at least brought enough for everyone who wants to get one! Wish me happy trails & I'll see you all down there in a couple days!!!

Heather

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-08-12 12:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-08-12 12:35 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 12:17 pm   Permalink

Hurry Hurry Heather!
Let's see these black velvet gems!
Great pieces as always....
drama with a hint of the playful...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 6:51 pm   Permalink

Those are sooooo nice. I love the Lava Canoe. I love the lighting there, it reminds me of Disney luau's as a kid. I wish I could see 'em in person!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 12:21 pm   Permalink

Here's a new one I did (post-oasis) for the Planet Rooth Show Tiki Magazine sponsored. Wish I could have been there!

It's called "The Birdman's Canoe"

By the way: Thank you SO much to everyone who came out at Oasis and supported me! You've all helped to inspire this piece and many future ones. Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-09-22 12:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-11-14 19:24 ]

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-22 4:55 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work, Heather! I got to your booth at Oasis late and was bummed for me(happy for you) that a couple of the velvets I would have bought had sold signs on them. I'm looking forward to seeing more work.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation