FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 07:41 am   Permalink

Morning Heather,

Your work just blows me away! The altered book was my favorite concept in that last show.

I got to see one of your paintings in person at Planet Rooth, and I must say it just exploded with presence!

Keep up the fantastic work, and PLEASE keep posting.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 12:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks all once again for your kind comments! I plan to post here regularly from now on--

With that in mind, here are a few more new pieces.

You may have seen this one on my X-mas cards this year, but here's the original:

South Pacific Santa
10" x 14" Acrylic on Black Velvet
SOLD

Heart of the Jungle
11" x 14" Acrylic on Black Velvet
SOLD

Hypnotiki
6" x 8" Acrylic on Black Velvet
SOLD

Tiki Devil
5" x 7" Acrylic on Black Velvet
SOLD

I'll post more soon so stay tuned!

If you are on my email notification list for original velvet work you've seen these already (if you think you're on the list, but did not receive an email, please let me know! I recently changed e-news services.) There will likely be one final update before the end of the year.

If you're not on the list, and are interested in purchasing an original velvet piece you can sign up for notifications at this link. Just scroll down.

http://www.heatherwatts.com/index.php?page_id=412

Mele Kalikimaka!

PS--I'll be posting earrings in the marketplace thread soon too!

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-12-23 12:58 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 4:48 pm   Permalink

unbelievable stuff!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sasquatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-23 6:56 pm   Permalink

... amazing stuff. I've joined the mailing list.

View Profile of sasquatch Send a personal message to sasquatch  Email sasquatch Goto the website of sasquatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 12:02 pm   Permalink

Wow, I've never bought a painting but right when I saw 'Heart of the Jungle' I thought 'I'd buy that'.

Of course it's sold ;(

Awesome style though.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 12:05 am   Permalink

Hey all!

Once again THANK YOU for your heartfelt comments. They are always wonderful to receive and inspire me to keep painting.

I'm back from vacation in Australia, where I got just enough sun to last me until Tiki Oasis IX!

I wanted to post a few new pics here, and also preview some stuff coming next week, including my half page ad in the Spring 2009 Issue of Tiki Magazine!

This one is 10" x 20" and was a commission piece in trade to another artist who I've owed for a while!

Anyway, as per the ad, I'll be posting a number of new velvet paintings on my website next weekend (April 18). If you want a chance to pick one up you can sign up for my
velvet list online and you'll receive an email notification and price list a few days before the general release.

Don't worry, if you miss 'em this time around, Harold Golen Gallery will have five of my little velvet guys on hand at the Harold Golen Tiki Art Show in conjunction with the Hukilau in June.

Or stop by Tiki Oasis vending August 15/16 and track down our booth again this year--Mike & I will be camped out in the shade somewhere, drinking zombies and toasting the tiki Gods!

Now for some art!

I finally updated my velvet gallery on my website to include much of my velvet work from 2008, including many of the pics Mike and I have posted here!

Here's one of my favs, from December:

Rongo Rongo River
8" x 10"
Acrylic on Black Velvet
SOLD

This one you may have seen in DJ Lee's posting, or live at La Luz in March, where it was in the "Everything But the Kitchen Sync" show.

Devils' Music
11" x 14" Oval
Acrylic on Black Velvet
SOLD

Okay, signing off for now (to paint more velvet!) but I'll keep you posted on lots of other stuff coming up over the next few months. And I'm counting the days to Tiki Surf City!

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2009-04-09 00:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2009-04-09 01:05 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 07:35 am   Permalink

"Kidnapped" is amazing!!!

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 07:55 am   Permalink

Welcome back from Aussieland,Heather!
I'm gonna have to put a vote in for "Kidnapped" as well....
the perspective/the rowers/the wahine/the movement/the lil boid
and even the tension of the paddles dipping thru water...
it's like you've hit a next level
that most folks didn't even know existed!
Beautiful!
Those lil birds on the RongoRongo River really make that one toot sweet!
and I'm always a sucker for a birdhead prow!
I guess the birds like the drummers rhythm

And there's even an evil little cuteybird in the Devil's Music!
Looks like you've done so many of these that they now are born effotlessly!

You're one-of-a-king,girl!
looking forward to holding up your booth!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 09:12 am   Permalink

I wish I had enough money to buy ALL of them..... each one is so rich..

so unique and special... AWESOME stuff

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 10:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks again for the nice comments! As usual, I've only had time between painting to lurk... but rest assured, I have been lurking.

But here are some of the new velvets I promised, which I just added to my website tonight. More to come, but hopefully this will tide you over until I get them posted.

"The Reluctant Devil"
9" x 19" Acrylic on Black Velvet with Rhinestones, 2009, SOLD
[

"Gods of the Ruby River"
8" x 10" Acrylic on Black Velvet, 2009, SOLD

"Tiny Tangaroa and the Littlest Bird"
4" x 6" Acrylic on Black Velvet, 2009, SOLD

Mini Masks: "Papuan Purple" and "Grotto Green"
4" x 6" Acrylic on Black Velvet with Rhinestones, 2009, SOLD

Don't forget to sign up for the velvet list if you're interested in purchasing a piece. I can't wait to see what little characters will emerge next.

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2009-04-18 22:19 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-19 10:35 am   Permalink

Welcome back Red. Looks like you're selling black velvets as fast as you're painting them. Good stuff.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-19 9:57 pm   Permalink

Dang-a-roonie!
at this rate
you'll have no pieces for Oasis!

stunning!
"Gods of the Ruby River"
ROJO GOOD!

ride that inspiration lil missy!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-20 03:12 am   Permalink

"The Reluctant Devil" is my favorite.... all of them are amazing! The sense of lighting makes each one glow. Beautiful work!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 04:27 am   Permalink

Love 'em all Heather, you really capture the PNG spirit in your work.
I really dig the paddler in "Heart of the Jungle."

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 08:09 am   Permalink

Wow, great stuff.

Your posts pretty much speak for themselves...
Sold
Sold
Sold...

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation