FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 07:15 am   Permalink

Okay. I'm going to start loading up the car. If I'm not there by 10 am, would someone please send an ark for me.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 07:22 am   Permalink

Cinnamon just want to know when she should use the high-frequency broadcaster, before or after the foeign attache opens the safe?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 09:43 am   Permalink

Little late....I'm on my way now...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 12:34 pm   Permalink

Rollin just got some oil for his secret sports car. Everything is GO.

Unfortunately, Cam has to get a lot of things done today, so he's kind of STOP!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 1:18 pm   Permalink

Just make sure you post some pics today, and in the event you or any of your team members are caught in the rain or have their day killed off before it begins, the state department will disavow any knowledge of their existance. Good luck Mr. Phelps.

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 1:56 pm   Permalink

Oh, and don't play too messy!

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 11:35 pm   Permalink

So did nobody take any pics???? I wanna see the STUFF!!!

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 07:17 am   Permalink

Well, it was a small gathering, but at the end of the day, we all looked around at each other and realized that we actually learned things this month.

I achieved one of my dreams which was to learn to make the Spam masubi. Mieko even sent me home with my own masubi box, so I can crank them out at my place now.

I also made some shot glasses and learned how to write using Rongo Rongo.

The guys made a silicon mold for one of Clysdalle's pieces. At the end of the day, the mold was ready and we did some resin casting.

Babalu made an obscene mask. Then somehow it ended up turning into a bird. That seems to keep happening with his stuff. Birds and bunnies.

Bowana made a very cool tiki planter, and Mieko carved small. Cammo did a drive by.

Got to chat with Bob who we first met at the PIFA show. He made some really neat little shot glasses also.

We had a quiet, mellow day. Just a bunch of people hanging out, making stuff and having pleasant and silly conversation.

This is by far one of the most enjoyable Chops we've had in a very long time.

(I didn't take any pictures 'cause I was all covered in teriyaki sauce and clay most of the day. But I know Babalu and Meiko got some.)

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 09:30 am   Permalink

Kate's right, that Chop was allot of fun. Here are some pictures of yesterdays rainy Chop...

Bowana - Mold making

Meiko takes over

We also slung some mud...

Bowana shows off his latest planter...wheat grass baby!

Clysdalle sculpting shift knob out of Sculpty clay...you can fire this stuff around a metal armature in your oven.

Meiko - the master of minurature.

I call this one: Go "F" Your Self, or maybe "Love thine Self", or maybe "Dick for Brains, or maybe "Alone"...not sure?

Spoils of the day...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 12:59 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm pissed I missed! Are we still talking about 2 chops this month?

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 6:51 pm   Permalink

I'd be up for that, since it was me that suggested it! I'd even host.

Mieko, did you manage to get Bob signed up on TC?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 9:27 pm   Permalink

Did I mention what a great suggestion it was bro?

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-06 9:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mieko for having the "Not" Chop at your place. Maybe we could call the event a "Clay- Squish" instead.

Thanks Babalu for bringing your clay and stuff. Let me know when you fire the kiln and I'll come by and do some glazing with ya!

Kate and Clysdalle, thanks for the laughs! Post a picture of Frankie, Dave. There's pictures of the mold-making and resin casting, but no shot of the final result.

Chopper Bob, nice to meet you. Hope you were able to get signed on to TC!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 1:57 pm   Permalink

Yup, I'm pissed I missed as well. Things are sorta tight for me the first few weeks of January as I'm back working for our beautiful state, and Feb 2nd is my 36th. What say we have another chop on the last Saturday of the month?

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 8:44 pm   Permalink

What a great time...once of the best..if not the best! Thanks to everyone for everything. Each person seem to bring a little something special, and with a little spam it was perfect!

Here is a pic of the finished cast....I have resin coming this week so I can start to get a him out there.

I also finished up my toothy tiki clay sculpted tonight...ready for me to make ANOTHER mold! I need to get a key knife. I redid the teeth so it was less skully...now come on Kate...this is kind of leaning towards the "c" word right? I mean the word Cute for those scoring at home.

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation